What's on your mind?

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Bowling and pool, is fun!

I used to like bar pool on those little tables but I haven’t really done bars in so long I think I’d be a fish out of water.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    This_far wrote: »
    Fella.
    Informal of Fellow
    * A man
    There were a couple of fellas up by the bar
    *A male sexual partner or boyfriend
    Was she with her fella?
    Word just struck me as odd when I saw it this morning.

I’m reading this with some kind of Midwest accent

London, UK....
  • PAFC84
    1sphere wrote: »
    if you talk to a random stranger in real life, it's hard not to look like a complete loser!

How random? Like, the guy who sells you fish or just some person on the street?

I talk to people all the time. Pretty sure I come off as a mostly harmless cheerful weirdo, but not a loser.
    Some person by the sea or on the street. It's more the case of a man talking to a women, because she could think the worst.
    Yes, that’s true. You must have a good reason or some common experience to speak to a strange woman and be respectful of boundaries and her social cues.

When I say common experience I mean things like, “This queue is very long today!” Or “Glad we finally have some nice weather.” Or “Dr. Westheimer’s class is very interesting, don’t you think?”
    It makes sense and I get it. But what I'm attracted, or feeling alone and happy with their presence. I'm starting to understand the boundary thing more, even just glancing sometimes is enough to make someone angry.
    I feel like social cues are too fragile at times, so many things have to weigh up at the right moment or else it's all off. I did engage in conversation with a social cue before, but I didn't feel emotion talking to that girl. I hate being limited to a social cue

Social cues are just non-verbal communications. Another way to express interest or disinterest. It’s a good skill to learn.
    I guess sometimes I fail on it. I think women are careful in avoiding men who they're not interested in as lovers. And here's me innocently trying to make connections... damnit! Sometimes I think the odds are so against me, and it's almost poetic

Your perception can become your reality. There really is no harm talking to strangers, women included. If they don't want to talk to you, they'll make up an excuse or not continue the conversation.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    If I procrastinate long enough, will my work I gotta do just go away?

No, but in many cases it’ll still be there tomorrow.
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member

Your answer confused me!
  • PAFC84

I used to like bar pool on those little tables but I haven’t really done bars in so long I think I’d be a fish out of water.

English pool tables?
  • jiujitsudad15118

Why would you be flopping around all slimy?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    PAFC84 wrote: »

English pool tables?

Not that I’m aware of. Are you in the UK? I’m in the States.

Bars here often have half size pool tables. In NYC they used to be coin operated. I’m not sure how they work now. Probably have to wave your phone in front of it and do a dance honoring the wifi gods.
  • your_future_ex_wife

Your answer confused me!

Really? Or you just making conversation to continue dawdling? 😁

The work will probably still be there later. Enjoy your procrastination.
  • PAFC84

English pool tables?

Bars here often have half size pool tables. In NYC they used to be coin operated. I’m not sure how they work now. Probably have to wave your phone in front of it and do a dance honoring the wifi gods.

I'm in the UK. We have smaller pool tables than American pool tables. Tighter pockets. Smaller balls.
  • your_future_ex_wife

English pool tables?

I'm in the UK. We have smaller pool tables than American pool tables. Tighter pockets. Smaller balls.

🤭😂
  • jiujitsudad15118

Your answer confused me!

If I procrastinate long enough, will my work I gotta do just go away? No, but in many cases it’ll still be there tomorrow.

Dont you find your response confusing now? I asked if itll go away, and you said no. Then used "but", which implies something different...like it WOULD go away if I waste enough time. This is too much thinking.
  • PAFC84

English pool tables?

🤭😂

I'm confident enough in my masculinity to say that.
  • your_future_ex_wife

Your answer confused me!

If I procrastinate long enough, will my work I gotta do just go away? No, but in many cases it’ll still be there tomorrow.

Dont you find your response confusing now? I asked if itll go away, and you said no. Then used "but", which implies something different...like it WOULD go away if I waste enough time. This is too much thinking.

Ima go ahead and woo that
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member

English pool tables?

5zkyt2qpg3x3.gif
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Tigg_er wrote: »

English pool tables?

5zkyt2qpg3x3.gif

Just like that!
  • hpg19
    hpg19 Posts: 10 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo and her red lipstick. Unreal combinations right there 😌
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    how did i sleep well all night and still feel like a zombie
  • manwithaplan54
    manwithaplan54 Posts: 152 Member

Bowling in a pool....not so much.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    The nurse called to verify my appointment telling me that it is only a 10min appointment so don't talk to him about anything except the refill, oh and be sure to get there 15min early.

So many things about going to my doctor have become such a hassle,
    many thanks to the government for doing what they do best,
    getting involved and screwing everything up.