Gaining Weight Females Group

Replies

• brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    I want to join! I just finished bulking not long ago and am currently cutting. I probably won't be doing a bulk here for a while though, as I'm getting married in October and the hubby and I are gonna be trying for a baby. I'll still be training while pregnant but definitely won't be trying to go up in weight at all, as far as lifting goes. And then after the baby, I'll likely be cutting again lol, to get back to my pre-pregnancy body.
    But, its nice to know that there are other ladies with the same interests!
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    I want to join! I just finished bulking not long ago and am currently cutting. I probably won't be doing a bulk here for a while though, as I'm getting married in October and the hubby and I are gonna be trying for a baby. I'll still be training while pregnant but definitely won't be trying to go up in weight at all, as far as lifting goes. And then after the baby, I'll likely be cutting again lol, to get back to my pre-pregnancy body.
    But, its nice to know that there are other ladies with the same interests!

Good luck for your wedding. And the baby. We will be waiting for you to come back.
  • preciousleks
    ladii_v18 wrote: »
    I'm 👏🏾 in👏🏾

welcome. I will definitely add you
  • preciousleks
    Gaining is not easy lol. What is everyone's goal weight?
  • Jamagato
    Jamagato Posts: 12 Member
    We have very similar goals, Ill add u:)
  • preciousleks
    Jamagato wrote: »
    Jamagato wrote: »

Thanks
  • stacyclechi
    stacyclechi Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2019
    Trying to find my tribe... I'm 5'3", 100 lbs. Looking to gain 15 lbs. I'm 48, fell off the wagon with yoga. Struggle with appetite a bit so I need to make what I eat dense. Also high cholesterol, despite mostly clean eating.
  • fitmoniqe
    fitmoniqe Posts: 3 Member
    me too. anyone with amenorrhea experience?
  • cathd80
    cathd80 Posts: 4 Member
    Just found this group and it would be so nice to check in with other women in the same boat- because it's not one you can talk about with a lot of women. I'm 5'9" and weigh 124lbs. I strength train 3 days a week. At this weight I've cut back on my cardio bc it burns too many calories. My current weight is due to reaction to antibiotics. I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm fighting my way back, but at 57 I know it's even harder to regain muscle after a loss. Anyway, I'm not whining.

I refuse to see myself as fragile and instead have shifted my workouts to higher weights, lower reps. Where I struggle is, according to MFP I should be getting over 1700 calories a day. With that number I should be eating 150g of protein a day. NO WAY does that happen. I'm lucky if I get 100g and that's with eating eggs, chicken, fish, Greek yogurt. I just can't eat much more food! I use a protein powder on days I work out but am wondering if I should take it every day. Anyone use them?

Any input or advice is appreciated. Thanks for listening.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    cathd80 wrote: »
    Just found this group and it would be so nice to check in with other women in the same boat- because it's not one you can talk about with a lot of women. I'm 5'9" and weigh 124lbs. I strength train 3 days a week. At this weight I've cut back on my cardio bc it burns too many calories. My current weight is due to reaction to antibiotics. I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm fighting my way back, but at 57 I know it's even harder to regain muscle after a loss. Anyway, I'm not whining.

I refuse to see myself as fragile and instead have shifted my workouts to higher weights, lower reps. Where I struggle is, according to MFP I should be getting over 1700 calories a day. With that number I should be eating 150g of protein a day. NO WAY does that happen. I'm lucky if I get 100g and that's with eating eggs, chicken, fish, Greek yogurt. I just can't eat much more food! I use a protein powder on days I work out but am wondering if I should take it every day. Anyone use them?

Any input or advice is appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Where did you get 150g of protein from? .8-1g per lb of body wait should be sufficient, which comes out to about 100-120 grams a day.
  • cathd80
    edited July 2019
    Teabythesea_ The MFP calorie breakdown. I thought it should be more in line with my weight, but I have my goal as gaining .5lbs a week and 1770 is the total calorie number. I went with 35% protein and fat and 30% carbs. Should I get fewer calories?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    You don't need fewer calories, you just don't need 35%protein. Try changing it to default macros or 25% and that should adjust the protein back down to a reasonable amount.
  • cathd80
    OK. I've just had the fear of God put into me about carbs so changed the %s. Partly because, if left to my own devices I love carbs...
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Carbs are brilliant for gaining weight/muscle! Don't be scared of them.
  • slove2718
    slove2718 Posts: 11 Member
    fitmoniqe wrote: »

Ugh, me. I've always been active and "fit", but have really upped my sessions with strength training over the last 3-4 months or so. At the beginning, my BF was about 23%, and now I'm around 18-19%. I haven't had a period for about 2 months at this point.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    slove2718 wrote: »

Ugh, me. I've always been active and "fit", but have really upped my sessions with strength training over the last 3-4 months or so. At the beginning, my BF was about 23%, and now I'm around 18-19%. I haven't had a period for about 2 months at this point.

At just 19%?? Uh oh I’m at 19.5% now. Does anyone else experience this at that low Bf?
  • slove2718
    slove2718 Posts: 11 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    slove2718 wrote: »

At just 19%?? Uh oh I’m at 19.5% now. Does anyone else experience this at that low Bf?

To be honest, with my situation I believe there are a few factors at play; 1) rigorous training sessions, 2) BF & weight loss (I went from ~115-117lbs to now 106lbs), 3) STRESS, and admittedly 4) I recognize that I may not always provide my body with adequate rest.
  • Danni0867
    Danni0867 Posts: 15 Member
    Hey all, I’ve just finished my cut in preparation for my wedding, now that and the mini-moon is over, it’s time to build some muscle.
    I’m 31 5’5 and 52.4kg (115.5lbs).
    When bulking do you focus on making sure to hit your macros goals (carbs, fat, protein) or watch the calorie goals?
    Also does anyone have any great food ideas that are high in carbs low in fat? I always have extra carbs to fit in in the evening, which I love for post dinner snacking, but my fat goal is usually already reached.
    Thank you ladies xx
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Danni0867 wrote: »
    Hey all, I’ve just finished my cut in preparation for my wedding, now that and the mini-moon is over, it’s time to build some muscle.
    I’m 31 5’5 and 52.4kg (115.5lbs).
    When bulking do you focus on making sure to hit your macros goals (carbs, fat, protein) or watch the calorie goals?
    Also does anyone have any great food ideas that are high in carbs low in fat? I always have extra carbs to fit in in the evening, which I love for post dinner snacking, but my fat goal is usually already reached.
    Thank you ladies xx

Calories are king when it comes to gaining so that is essential. Hitting your minimum protein goal will be important for muscle building (and fat for health and hormone function) so those will be significant too, but secondary to calories.

Foods high in carbs.. breads, bagels, cereals, pasta, noodles, rice, fresh and dried fruit, juice, candy, etc.