The Woo thing

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    😍
  • Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    I did not know this before earlier today, and that's a shame because I think i wooed a couple of really good posts before that. Maybe mods should make a quick pin explaining each of th reacts, just to cover this?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Five0Six wrote: »
    I did not know this before earlier today, and that's a shame because I think i wooed a couple of really good posts before that. Maybe mods should make a quick pin explaining each of th reacts, just to cover this?

they do have a pinned forum under announcements

it says woo, not woohoo.
    i never thought it was positive. in the code i believe it says wtf
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Broette? 😂
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    I don't get why this hasn't been addressed yet by The Powers That Be. it's ALWAYS causing confusion and then someone has to link to the explanation of what is woo.

I used to think it was woohoo too, especially because it comes between like and hug - so obviously, if it's between like and hug, it MUST mean WOOHOO, right?

I agree with the thumbs down thingy instead.

Simple thumbs down would be more clear. Many of us regular posters have serial woo'ers/stalkers/etc.; it's a bit disturbing having creepers regularly read over your posts & automatically woo something (even if it's just a stated opinion; seems more appropriate for skepticism/debating something as fact).

If you have something personal against me (age, username...**** keto, race, appearance, etc.) come @ me mystery bro/broette...quit hiding behind a computer/keyboard warrior. I promise I won't bite too hard

💯✖ this post.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Broette? 😂

Broessa
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited July 2019
    As I was saying. . .

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Woo girl

Almost always a "bachelorette" party.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I'm confused. Is Woo like a thumbs down or a down vote on reddit? One post said that it means "too good to be true". I like posting and contributing here, but I find the woos a little disheartening because I'm not precisely sure what they mean ... Even if it's something fairly moderate like 'too good to be true', that's also a bit insulting because I'm very honest in my posts ...

I think it stands for Woo = Wu = Wu Tang = Awesome. And when I think of Wu Tang, Awesome I think of this: (this is the best way to answer your question from my perspective.)

Wu-Tang Clan 01. Bring da Ruckus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-zG9Zh3qr8&list=PLUsuG2MT64-cuONuulwbyZ8Yq6Q6sUwEP
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Its best not to take the woo thing personally or to see it as a slight or a negative. The woo button is valid. The reason people including me use it is because there are so many rubbish ideas out there about weight loss. The long term users here have educated themselves (some really extensively), they know what they're talking about so it just grates when wrong information is being posted. We are here to learn and educate ourselves on how to eat/exercise better and be the best version of ourselves that we can be in regards to fitness.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Broette? 😂

Broessa

Brosefina
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited July 2019
    I agree about bullying and it shouldn't happen on any forum, thats why there are moderators to keep an eye on things and why posts get taken down at times. I should have made it clearer although I might choose the woo button at times I will comment rather than just leave it at woo. I always try and see the positive side to anyones posts. We all have a voice and we all can get a say, personally I feel its not hard to put things tactfully or be nice.

You've had success with your way of dieting and others have through their ways, there really is no right or wrong way. It comes down to preference or health reasons in general. I have a few thousand woos under my belt, and I don't care one bit about them, nor do I care about the quantity of likes or hugs etc. I have too many other worries in real life to let something like that get to me.