• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Working! Oh! Em! Geee!!!! They want me to do stuff 😑

😂
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    When you ask a coworker if they finished the report you asked for a week ago and instead of saying simply no they answer “no I’m here to sit still, look pretty.”
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Regulars & strangers who come in & expect me to have deep & meaningful conversations with them/chit-chat listen to entire life story/play psychiatrist will talk my head off as well as other co-workers' heads off thinking we simply have nothing better to do...messed up when people try to befriend you @ work & mysteriously only want to talk to you when you are on the clock @ his/her leisure/convenience
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    CNA in long term care. I work evenings.

I want to roll heads when day shift leaves dirty briefs in the garbages, *kitten* clothes on the floor and beds stripped when we come in shift. Our shift gets all the sundowning behaviors. We dont have time to clean up day shifts *kitten* before we can even get started on ours. As it is on a good day we're running right until 11pm and the night shift gets pissy if a resident is left up because we didnt have time to put them to bed because we had extra work piled on us from day shift.

Sucks.
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

I want to roll heads when day shift leaves dirty briefs in the garbages, *kitten* clothes on the floor and beds stripped when we come in shift. Our shift gets all the sundowning behaviors. We dont have time to clean up day shifts *kitten* before we can even get started on ours. As it is on a good day we're running right until 11pm and the night shift gets pissy if a resident is left up because we didnt have time to put them to bed because we had extra work piled on us from day shift.

Sucks.
    I used to work in an rcf and later icf care facility for adults with mental and physical disabilities the last year and a half specializing in autism and austistic tendencies. It’s amazing how much I loved what you said haha
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I work in a Cement Plant in D shift which covers A B and C shifts days off and people come to work acting entitled to a paycheck without the work. “ oh I’m sorry man I forgot you weren’t getting paid to be here!” Or people who gossip! I had a coworker come up to me and say did you hear about so and so in the office? She sleeps with everyone! I asked how was she? He said what do you mean? I said well she sleeps with everyone but she missed me she must have hit you right?? He never talked “kitten” about any one else to me again😐
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    The office temperature fluctuates from Mustafar to Hoth on a given day.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    dlbohl1991 wrote: »

Sucks.
    I used to work in an rcf and later icf care facility for adults with mental and physical disabilities the last year and a half specializing in autism and austistic tendencies. It’s amazing how much I loved what you said haha

Worked in home health 8 years for a patient with Alzheimer's.

I. Do. Not. Miss. Sundowning.

You're a hero, in case no one has told you.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked retail in more than a decade but my biggest pet peeve was when people would come in with <10 minutes to closing time and have a lot of business to conduct. For example, needing to find holiday gifts for 6 people in a bookstore...special order an item...complete their full grocery run...or really, just anything outside ordinary business. A lot of times, I'd end up having to stay late because of these people and I don't think they realized (or cared) that it also screwed up some peoples' schedules and the entire store payroll by causing 4-5 employees to have an extra 15+ minutes on the clock. Seems like a small thing, but it was a real pain!

Because of this, I am really annoyed as a customer when I run into a store that closes at 9:00 pm at 8:35-8:45 pm and they're vacuuming, shutting off half the lights, and treat me rudely at checkout when I just want to buy 1-2 specific items and am visibly rushing to complete my purchase. I'm usually a really "easy" customer but that makes me irritated - and it happens almost any time I go to a store in its final hour of business. I just remember having to act so patient and polite to customers for years and it gets my hackles up, I guess!
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I AM THE ONLY PERSON WHO KNOWS HOW TO CHANGE THE TOILET PAPER ROLL.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Going to work
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    slow workers mostly, and other who spend more time talking than working....
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    an equal trying to tell me what to do. I'm like 'bro, I've been here longer then you. *kitten* off, and don't tell me how to do my job'. Politely ofc.

Even more so when a fill-in/temporary (often clueless about many things from having no regular work setting/vibes how things are really handled) tries this...I'm often tempted to tell him/her just let me handle X, please just go home, you've done enough (damage) as soon as I walk in to work. Man, but that type of stuff/truth/insight totally hurts peoples' feelings...always phrase things differently...#English

They never learn from their mistakes/misfires/less than ideal strategies for resolving conflict because they are gone as soon as someone else shows up for relief. Temporaries take no responsibility & literally just have jobs to stall until regulars show up & allow for regulars to actually use vacation days
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    There's a scruffy tramp in my office that constantly clears his throat / hawks. Sounds creamy and gross most of the time. He used to sit next to me until i told him i disliked him and all of his bad habits, there was an office reshuffle straightaway and now some poor lady has to deal with his sick dog noise