Fit For Future Families - August 2011

Options

Replies

• kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Pam--May you have the serenity to accept the things you cannot change, the courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom... to hide the bodies when you get really ticked off!! :wink:

Sorry you are having family drama--that stinks. And it is tough when hubby just isn't on the same page with it. Grrrr. Just remember--friends are the family you choose--feel free to vent all you need. And if the pool is closed, do you have any wood that needs chopping or pillows that need fluffing or rugs that need beating? (Those are aggression getter-outers that work at our house.)

Taldie--congrats!!! Yay!! Send us some of those sticky vibes!

Anyone on the East Coast battening down the hatches for Irene? It's supposed to hit us tomorrow. Boooo. I don't want to go to the store with the rest of the whole neighborhood, but I didn't plan ahead and I really do need milk, bread, and toiletpaper. (Amongst other things.) So, if I"m gone for a few days, power is probably out. Blech...

On the upside-I did exercise today during DS's "nap". Now I want one too...but it ain't gonna happen. Oh well. In the end, I suppose it was the better choice.
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Luki- Yes 5 pounds. The program I'm on it's not uncommon for females to lose 3-4 pounds a week and men can lose 5-7 pounds(Damn them and their higher metabolisms :wink:) So the 5 was an extra bonus but I'm not complaining. Best part about the whole thing is the weight stays off when you finish and doesn't typically pile back on like a lot of other diet programs.

Jalara-Welcome back.

Kim- My furry babies are the love of my life as well, don't know what I would do without them. I am starting temping with this cycle I hadn't before because I never understood it mostly, but found a great article that simplified it for me. I would test on Sunday if AF hasn't showed up but that is me. Praying for lots of stickiness for you and a BFP!!

Pam- Sorry you are feeling down. I've had a few friends that were like that and I simply stopped hanging out with them because of it. Now when it's a family member it sure makes it a lot tougher! I don't blame the anger of you and your DH. I hope things get better and ou have a great day today!

Tasha- Welcome there is lots of support here if you want it. Feel free to jump in as you see fit.

Tara- Gratz! Exciting news. Hope it stays and I can join you on the pregnancy board soon!

Megga- Have you been stressed lately? I had a period of time I went 5-6 months with no AF. I don't know how many sticks I pee'd on before heading into the Doctors to find out what was up. They told me it was stress related put me on B/C for 2 months and they returned normally. That's my only guess. I would go in and see the doctor and hopefully they can figure it out for you.

Alisha- 4 days!!!! EEEK I'm sooo excited for you. I almost feel like it's me going on the vacation haha.

RHO- Welcome! Have you ever tried any type of diet support system? My sister and I are doing the same physician coached weightloss program. She started out at 248 in January and is now 157 as of last week. Me on the other hand don't have as much weight to lose I started at 180 and am 168.5 this morning in 3 weeks. The pathophysiology of it is 90% of peoples pancreas doesn't work properly which is why there has been such an increase in diabetes recently. Your pancreas is responsible for secreting the correct amount of insulin to regulate our blood glucose levels. When it's not working correcting our sugar levels fluctuate very quickly and badly causing our body to store much more fat then it should be. This program "Resets" your pancreas to allow it to regulate properly therefore not storing excess fat. And on top of it all in the first 2 phases of the program (there are 4) you are not allowed to work out. You don't gain any of the weight back unless you go hardcore high sugar and fastfood for like 3 months after you have stopped the program because your pancreas is doing it's job! It's also a very alkaline based diet which works great for helping TTC. Anyways just some food for thought.

AFM- Well AF showed up 4 days early :grumble: Which maybe for once is a good thing considering I have a PAP test for the 1st and may have still been on the tail end of it if it had come on time or late. I wasn't expecting it to NOT show up this month anyways. Started temping this am and we'll see how that goes. I will have no problem doing it at home but when I'm at work there is no time I am guaranteed to be able to test it before getting up(since I have 120 seconds to get out of bed, dressed, and on the road) so we'll see how it goes. Hope everyone has a great day! Babydust to all and fat melting genies to those who want them first!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap! I got a positive test today!!!!!!!!

I knew something was different, things were tasting funny ahhhh Im so excited!!!! Hopefully this sticks
    Congratulations!
  • jalara
    Options
    FF would like me to wait till next Friday. Do you think that is necessary? That would be 18DPO...
    :tongue:
    No way! I could never wait that long. LOL. I'd probably be POAS at least by Sunday! Good luck to you! :)
    Diddo!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Taldie!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Sticky Sticky Sticky thoughts heading your way!!!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    AFM: Feeling much less stressed about the whole thing today - I have some fantastic friends. Everyone has been soooo supportive (that I have told that is....LOL)...Besides, why let it ruin a perfectly happy birthday weekend for my DH!!!! We did get a call from the clinic. Because we`re looking at donor sperm as a potential option, we might have to have another counselling session (mandatory). The reason I say might is because I`m sure we discussed it during our initial counselling session (here it`s mandatory to have a counselling session before undergoing the IVF) - we have to call tomorrow and ask the clinician if that counts....if it doesn`t, we have a counselling session on Wednesday and if it does, then we`re all good. We`ve also finalized the financing piece of it and I`m feeling really good about the conditions around that - I`ve been worried since Mat leave is 1 year but I don`t want to take on payments that are several hundred dollars when we are not getting paid.....we have worked out the situation so we can pay lots now and reduce it when we are on mat leave and finish paying it off within those 21 months!!! So it will be all done. Overall positive day today,,,,,oh and I just walked out and Ièm missing front steps. I should find out what that is all about....
  • jalara
    Options
    Okay, so before vacation I called my carrier to see if I could get a list of covered meds. The said they don't have a list but that all I needed to do is log in online and search by the medication DIN number and it would tell me what was covered and what was not. No problem.

So I'm trying to do this tonight and I can't find a place online to look. I call the carrier for help and they say it doesn't exist. Huh? What do you mean it doesn't exist? You're the ones that told me about it!!!!!!!!!:explode:

So how do I find out what meds are covered? Pay OOP and submit a claim.

And ofcourse the supervisor isn't available but can call me back on Monday.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Okay, so before vacation I called my carrier to see if I could get a list of covered meds. The said they don't have a list but that all I needed to do is log in online and search by the medication DIN number and it would tell me what was covered and what was not. No problem.

So I'm trying to do this tonight and I can't find a place online to look. I call the carrier for help and they say it doesn't exist. Huh? What do you mean it doesn't exist? You're the ones that told me about it!!!!!!!!!:explode:

I'd definitely talk to a supervisor. Surely there is a way to find out on the front end. Frustrating!
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Wow, taldie! You called it! Good luck to you.

I have been reading people's posts, but can't hardly keep up with everyone! And, there are so many new people all the time! Whoa! How do you regulars keep up???

Pam, I'm still interested to know what ever happened with your friend who offered adoption.

Kristi, awhile back you asked for workout ideas. Ever do yoga? That's how I segued back into working out.

Jalara, those are exactly the kinds of phone calls that get my blood boiling all day. I can't stand stupidity like that. Why can't people just do their jobs???

Beth (I think), your story sounds like mine when you said your doc said to lose weight before moving forward with tests. Though, my doc was kind of snarky about it, so now I'm looking for someone new.

AFM, I'm exhausted. Back to school and worn out! I've fallen asleep by like 8:00 or 9:00 every night this week. I'm trying to get up early to work out, but this morning my iPod had low battery and quit, and consequently so did my workout. (I mean, how am I supposed to go on without Fergie?!) I'm also not eating right. DH and I keep going out to eat instead of coming home to cook (easier with our schedules). So, I'm not losing weight. I just can't seem to get my focus back. And, I've been retaining water this whole cycle, and my temps have been higher than usual this whole cycle. I don't know what is going on. I should ov. next week and then I'm going to swell up even more and my temps going to go higher and I'm already tired of feeling swollen and tired and I know it's going to get worse. UGH. Anyway, I'm off to bed. Take care, y'all.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Oh -- I got my basal thermometer in this week! Today was my first day of temping! :happy:
  • newleafbeth11
    Options
    Taldie: Yay yay yay! Sending lots of prayers your way.

Kah: your advice for Pam made me laugh. I frequently beat our rugs when I'm frustrated. It really is great for getting out all of that frustration - plus, extra calorie burn.

Jalara: I'm glad you had a good time on your vacation. I've never lived in a place that doesn't have a JCP, so I was confused when I read your post. They are fantastic. Lots of great clothes for cheap! The last time I shopped there, the clerk gave me a discount on a dress because those weird little plastic things that help hang up clothes. I usually cut them out anyway, but he insisted. It was awesome. Oh, and I would definitely demand (politely) to speak with a supervisor. They can't expect you to do that.

Pam: I'm so glad things seem to be going well (other than the sister piece). Fingers crossed and lots of prayers for you too.

No news from me. Just stopping in to say hi before the weekend! :)
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Oh -- I got my basal thermometer in this week! Today was my first day of temping! :happy:

Great! Good luck!
  • fitterpam
    Options

I just called them and gave them each DIN number and they gave me the information.....that's so crazy and stupid and frustrating!!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday ladies!! I am sitting on my front porch (love being able to post from my iPhone!) enjoying a quiet morning with a nice cup of coffee.

Jalara - that sounds uber frustrating!! I hate when places do that! I have been dealing w something similar only w trying to transfer to a local university here - one place says "oh yes! We'll exept you transcripts just get the other school to do A. B. And C.!" then the other school says "oh no we don't do that - the university does!" bah! It's like get it together and give me correct info!!

AFM - I can't remember if I told you guys this but I requested to scale back my hours at work (right now during the semester u work MWF 8-5 (24 hours a week) then have classes all day T&R). Well i found out this week my new schedule for approved!! So I'll work MWF 8-2:30pm so I'll be able to be home to get my son from the bus stop and get home and start dinner before the Huns gets home from work! I still needed a sitter on Wednesday bc in CA every Wednesday is a half day (something w budget cuts or something...) so Yeasterday I met w my sons new sitter and she brought her 4 boys over (9, 4, 3 and 7weeks) thru this whole process of finding out some of the difficulties we're going to have w TTC I have not gotten emotional when I have held/played with someone else's baby until yesterday....the 7 weeks old baby was her foster baby and he looked like a new born and he was born addicted to meth and while he was very calm and alert he was twitching and jerky and he was hard to hold bc he would arch his back and throw his head back (he had VERY little muscle control) it was so emotional to talk to the foster mom about all the problems he was going to have later in life (early onset ADHD, speech issues, bad teeth etc) and to hear that he was 1 if 6 kids that this mom had taken away - apparently my area has a lot of this. 1 in 3 babies born at our county hospital are addicted to drugs and DCF is up there everyother day....I may look into fostering in and a few years....it was so sad. He was such a cute alert baby! Really smiley and active with eye contact etc.

MIL gets in this afternoon so I'm getting ready to scrub down my house!! :-)
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey all--i worked out today, and then promptly negated it by eating pancakes. Oh well!

It has started raining here...it's the leading edge of Hurricane Irene. The worst is supposed to hit tonight or early tomorrow, or so that's what they are saying right now. I expect the power to go out, so we'll see how long it lasts. Hubby is out with DS getting lunch--he wanted to get out to ward off "cabin fever". I was like "I'm not fixing lunch? GREAT!" On Friday we are supposed to leave for a week in Nags Head, NC. It may turn from a vacation into "Lets go see if the beachhouse is still there!" We hope the damage isn't too bad. (It's a house my parents co-own.)

Someone was commenting on how the regulars keep up with everyone. Well, we all have different techniques. I truly applaud all those who make comments to everyone--you all ROCK. You may have guessed by now, I'm not one of those--haha. I tend to read the posts and then when I start writing, whatever I remember may make it into my post..or not. But, I don't worry about it one way or another. And, as you spend more time on this board (unfortunately), you just "get to know" the other regulars better and remember things about them. I personally wish I didn't know all the regulars on the board so well. Heck, I wish I wasn't a regular! (Don't we all!)

I'm just putting that out there so that no one feels pressure to respond to everything. This group is not about pressure. That's the LAST thing we all need, right?

Okay--gotta run. Later girls.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap! I got a positive test today!!!!!!!!

I knew something was different, things were tasting funny ahhhh Im so excited!!!! Hopefully this sticks

i am excited for you! keeping my fingers crossed.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    AFM -Sorry I've been a little MIA. I've just been feeling a little...blah. You know? Didn't have much motivation to do much of ANYTHING. Though I was reading up on your posts. I'm on day 53 and only had some SUPER light spotting the past couple days. What the crap is going on?

i understand the blah feeling. :( i finally figured out why i have been feeling that way too, so now i can try to combat it. good luck getting things figured!
  • godblessourhome
    Options

that is so frustrating! especially after coming back from a relaxing vacation!
  • godblessourhome
    Options

yay!
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Dropping in on the weekend for a change.

Tara - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm with everyone else in thinking lots of sticky thoughts for you!!

Karen - Keep taking care of yourself. I know the emotions must be a roller coaster, I'm still impressed that you continue to find rays of sunshine.

Welcome msmitch, Tasha & RHOyalT!

Amanda (batgirl) - How funny about your dogs! Yes, I think you consider that good parenthood practice.

Alisa - Sorry your hubby has to have surgery, but glad it means he gets to recover at home with you! Your trip is so close now, so excited for you!! Oh & congrats on your new work schedule.

Amanda (e_amanda) - What a good idea to look for family groups that would have similar age gaps to what you might have. My mother's youngest sister is 10 years younger and they have always gotten along just fine.

Kimberly (KHaverstick) - Sorry you had such a bad reaction. Hope you're feeling better now.

Kim (kcurtis) - Glad you had a great trip! Good luck with your renter situation and fingers crossed for you that you have good news soon.

Pam - Sorry you're having such family drama. Stay strong. Hope your hubby's birthday weekend was fun.

Meggan - Hope the blahs don't stick with you!

Mae - Sorry you're feeling all out of whack. It's ok to regroup and start over and remember we're all here to cheer you along.

AFM, no new news. Staying on track with the tracking and exercise and monitoring my cycle. I have to resist the feeling of boredom or doldrums with the process. It just feels as thought it has been going on for so long. I know that the end goal is worth it (and getting healthier is a wonderful win along the way), but still... Anyway, we're going to a charity dinner tonight that is being cooked by 10 area chefs (one of which is a good friend), so I'm looking forward to that. We're going to the gym this afternoon for an hour so I don't feel so guilty about eating everything tonight. It'll be a fun something different for a Sunday night.

Talk to y'all soon.
    Stephanie