Very slow metabolism (clinically tested)

Options

Replies

• Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Don't overcomplicate things. I would start with the MFP recommended percentages, then tweak those as you go along and learn what works for you. Definitely get a food scale and weigh and log all your foods, including the WW 'free' foods. And lastly, please don't let your test results mess with your head. For example, I have low thyroid, and many people will want to use that to say they can't lose weight. Yet there are many, many people on MFP with low thyroid who can, and do lose weight. It may be a bit slower, but it can be done. NOTE: The slower your ability to lose weight, the more you need to use that food scale!
  • joeymattluke
    joeymattluke Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was journaling in the weight watchers app and now via MFP.
    I wear a Fitbit, so when doing cross fit, I was just selecting one of the work our programs. However I didn’t add that activity into my daily input/output so I was not relying on that per se ... just kinda hoping it was extra in that calculation.
    I’m going to try 1200 and upping the activity.
    Thanks for your input.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    nooboots wrote: »
    So to lose half a pound a week, you can eat at 1463, plus any realistic exercise calories?

Sounds doable doesnt it?

I am by farrr no expert, but set a calorie target, stick to it for a month, weigh yourself qweek at the same time, place, scales, after bathroom and same garments. See if you are trending up, down, same. Get a trending app. I use libra, but there are several out there on the web for free.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Study by Kevin Hall on EI do to weight loss.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5108589/
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Actual report

ETA - answered.