What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Is it really possible to have meet someone just 6 weeks ago, have him moved in already and be planning a wedding then have it all work out forever? Also this someone had another girlfriend 6 weeks ago of 2+ years that he just broke up with 4 weeks ago.

**this is not about me, fyi lol

If you can ignore the screaming red flags, I bet it'll be just fine!
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Is it really possible to have meet someone just 6 weeks ago, have him moved in already and be planning a wedding then have it all work out forever? Also this someone had another girlfriend 6 weeks ago of 2+ years that he just broke up with 4 weeks ago.

Or if they eat potatoes with every meal - the relationship will never fail right?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

Or if they eat potatoes with every meal - the relationship will never fail right?

I heard this only works if the potatoes are doused in coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Is it really possible to have met someone just 6 weeks ago, have him moved in already and be planning a wedding then have it all work out forever? Also this someone had another girlfriend 6 weeks ago of 2+ years that he just broke up with 4 weeks ago.

No way!!! Sounds very unhealthy
  • isalsayourface123
    Options

I heard this only works if the potatoes are doused in coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.

I like taters
  • isalsayourface123
    Options
    No matter the amount or type of beverage offered, some people’s thirst can never be quenched. Sometimes it’s simply symptomatic to a greater health concern that has never been addressed.

And ...I am also thirsty
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Is it really possible to have met someone just 6 weeks ago, have him moved in already and be planning a wedding then have it all work out forever? Also this someone had another girlfriend 6 weeks ago of 2+ years that he just broke up with 4 weeks ago.

I agree. It's really strange, she really knows how to pick em and it always ends in drama. This one though raises all kinds red flags from the get go. I told her it's crazy. I know it's her life but I am the one that has to listen to the shiznit for days on end when things go south and I am over it with the last one, that cheated and lied nonstop for 4 years and she kept taking him back. Every time there's issues at home her work ethic and work quality suffer, I am the one that has to deal with it. I don't wanna even begin to imagine how this one is going to go.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

I agree. It's really strange, she really knows how to pick em and it always ends in drama. This one though raises all kinds red flags from the get go. I told her it's crazy. I know it's her life but I am the one that has to listen to the shiznit for days on end when things go south and I am over it with the last one, that cheated and lied nonstop for 4 years and she kept taking him back. Every time there's issues at home her work ethic and work quality suffer, I am the one that has to deal with it. I don't wanna even begin to imagine how this one is going to go.

ETA: you would also think this couple would be very young and full of false hope to be doing this but they are 48 and 58.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Especially if those potatoes are in the form of a gnocchi.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    How neglectful I am.

I forgot to buy coffee.

How does that even happen? Are you a coffee drinker?

This happens when you tell yourself "who needs a list, you have a brain " but then I bring my four kids to the store and I end up getting more things that I don't need instead of the ones I do. Example: Coffee

Edited to Add.... Yes, I'm a coffee drinker.

Aaahhhhh. Shopping with children. Yes. How quickly I forget. I only have three but they can be very distracting. Keep up the good work, it’ll pay off eventually. Mine are juuuuuust getting to be helpful now.

IDK if it’s helpful to you, but I’ve been using a free grocery shopping list app thingy so I always have it with me.

Thank you so much! What App are you using. A while back I bought a planner and it changed my life. I wonder if app will do the same haha
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    No matter the amount or type of beverage offered, some people’s thirst can never be quenched. Sometimes it’s simply symptomatic to a greater health concern that has never been addressed.

And ...I am also thirsty

That's called dehydration my dear
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

Those 2 Magic elixirs cure EVERYTHING!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Those 2 Magic elixirs cure EVERYTHING!

Except the herp.. you're stuck with that shiznit for life.

So I've heard.
  • isalsayourface123
    Options

Sounds like she's afraid of being alone? Have you been upfront with her on all this?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Sounds like she's afraid of being alone? Have you been upfront with her on all this?

Yes. So has her best friend. She claims to be independent and not need anyone but her actions are completely opposite.
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

Yes. So has her best friend. She claims to be independent and not need anyone but her actions are completely opposite.

Ppl show you who they are lol word mean chit
  • The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_ Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options

Ppl show you who they are lol word mean chit

Amen to that