JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Crazy busy at work in order to meet my July 23 deadline (and A$$t. Manager who does not give any leeway for any reason).

Recap 7/11 R
    1) Walked dog before work (perfect summer weather!) 3.66 mi 1:04:16 & stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 14,701 steps, 250+ 12/14 (drinks/dinner w/ D) & 38 floors :smiley:
    3) Prelogged food, even dinner at Mexican restaurant w/ D / limit/no chips & 1 adult beverage / net calories not too red / 14c water = With guesstimates net cals -228 ok w/ me, sodium -291, sugar green, fiber good, protein ok, 13c water ok
    4) Continue GA-S(R) testing at good pace :smile: (C & M on vacation alternating next two weeks so can't ask them questions if I have any) / meeting w/ P? Monday / return GA-B records Monday / contact AICPA re dues invoice :smile:
    5) Meet D at 5:30 & enjoy = So good to see her again! :mrgreen: Unknown to us when we agreed on date, it was the first night of Restaurant Week, and our usual meeting spot was a participant. After our adult beverage at the bar, we decided to order & share one of the fixe prix dinners. We ate guacamole & chips, blackened shrimp tacos & tres leches cake ~ delicious! We each took home some leftovers, although the cake was entirely eaten. :D
    6) Unplug 9:00 :/ / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify 5:40 alarm :smile: (walk dog before work F) / bed & tv off 10:20 :neutral: in bed & fell asleep w/ tv on

JFT 7/12 F
    1) Walked dog before work (gorgeous weather two mornings in a row & saw 2 bunnies) 3.81 mi 1:08:06 & stretched (little) = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water
    4) GA-S(R) progress / status updates / schedule colonoscopy (waiting for scheduler to call back)
    5) Evening: grocery shop? find bday cards for M, P & D / balance bank accts / chores?
    6) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / set/verify 6:45 alarm (farmers market Sat.) / bed & tv off 10:30 (need to get bedtime routine under control after last weekend)
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 I never tire of wedding stories/pictures. So happy it was such a lovely and meaningful day for everyone. Sounds like there weren't too many hiccups.

Get geared up for Monday when you are going to jump on the bandwagon with us (I just got back on myself!)

Peace and joy
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: Β»
    @snowflake1968 I never tire of wedding stories/pictures. So happy it was such a lovely and meaningful day for everyone. Sounds like there weren't too many hiccups.

Get geared up for Monday when you are going to jump on the bandwagon with us (I just got back on myself!)

Peace and joy

Me three!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted or had time to read since June 28th except for the couple of pictures I posted. It has been a whirlwind and I have missed you all so much!

Rodger's mom went home on Wednesday and I took my best friend (Cheryle) to the airport at 5am this morning. I was trying to have a nap before going to work, but couldn't get to sleep so decided to log on and read. I am back on page 321 so will have to catch up.

I have gained about 12 lbs over the last couple of weeks, I know a lot of that right now is lack of water, too many carbs, sodium and pop. I plan on resting this weekend and getting back into a routine come Monday.

The wedding was absolutely beautiful, Kaitlyn and Brodey had some surprises for his Mom and I that teared us up. After their vows were spoken the officiant asked his Mother (Linda) and I to join them. She went on to say that Linda and I knew them before they were even born, we were their first kiss in this world and they felt it was appropriate that we give them their last kiss before they celebrated their first kiss as man and wife. Well.... you can imagine how that made us feel. Then after all of the first dances, Kaitlyn had the DJ invite me up on the dance floor to dance with her. She chose Mama's Song by Carrie Underwood. This song came out in 2009, the year Kaitlyn and Brodey met and she played it for me that year when she moved two provinces away to be with him.

After the family photos were taken, before the photographer started with the bridal party photos and some of Kaitlyn and Brodey alone she had Rodger's Mom, Rodger and I, Brodey's Mom, and Cheryle sit while wearing a microphone and asked us questions about Kaitlyn, Kaitlyn and Brodey and our relationships. They will be using this narrative over some video of different parts of the wedding where there wasn't much talking.

They had 21 children at their wedding and you wouldn't have known there was even one because they had a bouncy house. It was supposed to be a wedding themed one, but due to an error by the company, they ended up with a massive obstacle course one. Guess where all of the kids were? My best friend decided her and I were still 10, not 50 and that we should go in the bouncy house. A few drinks in and I agreed. We went in and it had rained so it was a bit slippery, the photographer went in with us so she could capture it, she asked us to move to a different location and my left leg went sort of behind me and out to the side all at the same time. I still have a sore hip, but it is better than it was.

If you are interested this is a link to the photographer's blog and sneak peek of the photographs. I promise I'll stop talking about it soon!
    https://darionbalfour.com/2019/07/07/barbecue-acres-edmonton-wedding-kaitlyn-brodey/?fbclid=IwAR3a5KGxfISRe3kNpN4w58hiyJH16vYRZpfRVkfEWUH-2KnqQ8DWY7NahKk

What beautiful photos! Looks like a perfect day. So happy for you and your family x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday July 12

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)

Good night
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    JFT 2019

Goals for Fri 12/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds 😁
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😁
    • follow through 😁
    • Hydration 😁

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps 😁
    • 10 mins strength 😏 5 mins
    • 10 mins flexibility πŸ˜„

OTHER:
    • Meditation πŸ˜„
    • Sort out sewing table 😁
    • crafting 😁
    • Crochet: Still working on the cardigan for next week 😁 Getting on well with this.
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder πŸ˜„
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread πŸ˜„

Goals for Sat 13/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 10 mins strength
    • 10 mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Laundry
    • Sort Hobbies room floor
    • Crochet: Still working on the cardigan for next week
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Fancy meeting you here! πŸ˜‚
    @HEGoddard0928 Hope things work out for your husband.
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good Morning JFT’ers. Again another week goes by before I post. We moved offices and I have a several days of 12,13,17,000 steps and dozens of flights of stairs on my Fitbit.
    The new office has the coffee and kitchen downstairs. Before I could quietly sneak into the kitchen and no one would ever know. Now I find I just fill my water upstairs and stay there. I went from 5 coffees down to 2.

My goals are the same but more determined. My new office has big glass windows where I can see my reflection in full. Not pretty. And my work shirt used to be loose and now tight. Not happy :s

1. Log AND Weight. Stop guessing
    2. Get off your butt and walk, rain, hail or shine. 45-60 minutes.
    3. Don’t make food that has leftovers or requires portion control in dishing up.
    4. Half a plate of non starchy veggies- lunch and dinner.

Enjoy the weekend. It will be an active one here. B)<3
  • jacqui2494
    Options
    @clicketykeys I like your post about logging snacks BEFORE eating them. I cursed myself last week for eating something that took me way over. I should have checked it first. Sound advice. :)
  • jacqui2494
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I enjoyed reading your post about the wedding. Lovely time with family and friends. Jumping castle is a great idea to keep kids entertained.
    The weight will fall off when your routine returns. Don’t worry ;)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 the wedding photos are BEAUTIFUL! You can really see the love between them! Makes me think if I could get just as good ohotos of me and Ash at our Vegas wedding! Which i currently have Β£0 saved for but hey a girl can dream :lol:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    LOL OMG. Speaking of weddings, i got all excited so just checked my wedding plan, as it will be in vegas it will also count as our honeymoon. So theres a whole bunch of things like The little white wedding chapel, where i can get my marriage licence, where i can get my hair done, etc. Then things we can do and see, like the stratosphere, downtown vegas, bellagio fountains, largest golden nugget! Extraterrestrial highway πŸ‘½/area 51, a Gordan Ramsay restaurant etc..

And someone has put (at the very end...) Hooters. *raises eyebrows* 3 guesses who that was LOL
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    LOL OMG. Speaking of weddings, i got all excited so just checked my wedding plan, as it will be in vegas it will also count as our honeymoon. So theres a whole bunch of things like The little white wedding chapel, where i can get my marriage licence, where i can get my hair done, etc. Then things we can do and see, like the stratosphere, downtown vegas, bellagio fountains, largest golden nugget! Extraterrestrial highway πŸ‘½/area 51, a Gordan Ramsay restaurant etc..

And someone has put (at the very end...) Hooters. *raises eyebrows* 3 guesses who that was LOL

HAHAHA Oh, Ash!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 , beautiful photos, they look so happy. Hope your leg recovers soon.

JFT Friday 12th July

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no. Was spot on until I realised in the evening that I'd forgotten to add my milk for tea. I add a 100 cals each day for milk, a lot when I only have 1200 cals a day
    Back exercises yes
    Stay positive yes
    Visit parents yes, took the dog which they enjoyed
    Lift the big bag yes

JFT Saturday 13th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Stay positive
    Have a good dieting weekend

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 13 July

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @snowflake1968. Thank you for sharing the link, beautiful photos and everyone looks so happy.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, happy weekend! Am rushing a little today. Already done loads and some still left to do before I head out. Will quickly post and catch up later. Have a great day!

Friday goals recap:
    - morning run βœ… 8 miles/13km
    - Put laundry away!! βœ…
    - pack snacks and schoolbag βœ…
    - speak to yr 5 re buddy class time on arrival βœ…
    - PP meeting 11am βœ…
    - home lunchtime for car and shake βœ…
    - work on video after work βœ…
    - leave by 5 βœ…
    - tan/ eyebrows after work βœ…
    - home by 6 βœ…
    - quality time with kids! βœ…
    - bed by 10❎

Saturday goals:
    - kids up and ready for weekend with their dad βœ…
    - laundry βœ…
    - house cleaning βœ… just about to finish last bits
    - Warrior class 9:30 βœ…
    - groceries (and cooking lesson ingredients for next week) βœ…
    - research house renovation stuff
    - look at iMovies alternative to movie maker
    - pack and head to bf’s place
    - rest and relax

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log all food. Chop celery. Pack dinner. Duo. Gratitude journal. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Write blog post during breaks. Read & take notes on Delusions of Gender. Inform them that tomorrow will be last day.
    3. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. D list: Put laundry away. Return WF. Choose recipes and update grocery list.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. Shower. Bed.

JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Prelog all food. Chop celery. Pack dinner. Duo. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads. Leave for park.
    2. Write blog post during breaks. Schedule assessments and return dates.
    3. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. D list: Groceries. Return WF.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. Shower. Bed.
    7. MM audition July M-T July 22-23. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM auditions 6/22-23. Practice songs.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I was planning to continue for two more weeks at the park, but I told them that today would need to be my last day. Now that I'm having back-to-school nightmares and trouble sleeping, it's probably time to start looking at my unit plans and getting things in order for the new school year. Aaand it's already 8:51. Jeez.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    I'm going to post a few small goals for today as I am still getting over this cold.

JFT, 7/12/19

1. Attempt to log all my foodπŸ˜€
    2. Do some of the dishes😭
    3. Figure out what to make for dinner and actually make itπŸ˜€
    4. Fold some laundryπŸ˜€
    5. Go for a short walk to get some vitamin DπŸ˜€
    6. Take a showerπŸ˜€
    7. Be at the church by 8πŸ˜€πŸ˜‘I got the time wrong...

JFT, 7-13-19
    1. Up at 630 πŸ˜€
    2. Church around 7πŸ˜€
    3. Put food awayπŸ˜€
    4. Bring back garbage can
    5. DO THE F**** DISHES
    6. Look up recipes with zucchini
    7. Do 2 character sheets
    8. Start reading new book
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Be kind :| was in a mood
    2. water water water βœ”
    3. Log all food βœ”
    4. Eat whatever for dinner! βœ”
    5. Bed by 10 βœ”
    6. Water garden βœ” DH did
    7. Load/run dishwasher πŸ‘Ž
    8. Put away towels and load of laundry πŸ‘Ž
    9. QT with DH πŸ‘Ž
    10. Make grocery list πŸ‘Ž

I had some mean mood swings in the evening...made for a less than successful evening but moving on! Getting enough protein is proving to be difficult no mater how many hard boiled eggs and meat I'm adding. Will keep trying my best though!

JFT Sat
    1. Be kind
    2. Water!
    3. Log all food
    4. Get hot tub chems to refill
    5. Grocery list
    6. Aldi trip?
    7. Ice cream date!
    8. QT with DH