What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• leesha12188
    leesha12188 Posts: 3 Member
    My workouts today were a 5 mile run and 45 mins of HIIT
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    11,500ish meters in an 8. We had a substitute coach (who most of us know) and I felt good about some things, less about others. Coffee and breakfast after rowing was also good. Tomorrow is sculling which I'm feeling mildly anxious about but such is life. Saturdays are also the start of my 4 day block of rowing each week.
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Jillian Michaels bodyshred - Lauch workout :)

Butt thoroughly kicked
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Today I walked 4 miles. I try to do 15 minute miles but today I averaged about 15 and a half min miles. I am in a small July challenge and for today I did 32 lunges . 160 Squats . 12 pushups and today was rest day for crunches.
  • aokoye
    I'm slowly convincing myself that maybe I should actually do some strength training so I can try to deal with my right side being so much weaker than my left. It's only really apparent when I'm sculling, however when it is apparently it's very apparent.

I did various exercises with my therabands that I have from physical therapy for my shoulder and then some squads (including single leg squats). I would be happy if I did that three to four days a week and as of now the therabands I have are sufficient for shoulder related things.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    11,500ish meters in an 8. We had a substitute coach (who most of us know) and I felt good about some things, less about others. Coffee and breakfast after rowing was also good. Tomorrow is sculling which I'm feeling mildly anxious about but such is life. Saturdays are also the start of my 4 day block of rowing each week.

Many of the folks from my Sub 7 group just rowed in the Henley Masters over the UK, which from what I understand, is some world class rowers. They posted some videos of the race on our FB group of the 8's final, which was a UK group against an American group (which sounded like many former college crew and some former Olympian Masters rowers). Just incredible to watch. I'm jealous of all your OTW work!
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Yesterday I walked around a Scottish loch and logged close to 18k steps for the day.

This morning I did 90 minutes of yoga (did my first assisted handstand against a wall!) and later I'm going to run 6.5k.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    7/13/2019 - rest day.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    37 mile, slow bike ride. Was. Not. Prepared.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Walked from my house to the lighthouse and back, 4.25 miles
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    80:20 long run 65 minutes
  • LyndaOO1
    LyndaOO1 Posts: 3 Member
    This is what I did at the gym today, it’s a full body circuit inspired by @Ajahzifit on Instagram. The whole workout was definitely a killer but really good overall 😊

Warm up: 5 minute jump rope

Full body circuit (repeated 3 times):
    - Box Jumps- 8 reps
    - Dumbbell snatches- 8 reps on each arm
    - Staggered Stance RDLs- 8 reps per leg
    - Single Arm Arnold Press- 8 reps each arm
    - Goblet squats w/ Pulse- 8 reps
    - Wall balls- 8 reps

Finisher: 500m on the rowing machine & Day 14 of blogilates butt lift challenge.

Here’s the link to the full body circuit:
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Long slow day at the gym. 90 minutes of cardio trying not to get my HR above 150 or so. Doing great at that now. What a difference I feel when I'm not trying to kill it at the gym. Never thought I'd say 90 minutes of cardio could feel refreshing. 5ekgkj5uvcva.png
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    I hate dealing with death. June was a bust but I held on as best I could and just went to my fallback of logging in, logging what I could, and logging my weight each day.

Back to it today.
    Biking 10 miles @ 31:53
    10 Pushups
    10 Squats

Today is also my 1 Year Anniversary of joining MFP. Back down to only 100.2lbs lost, but still not bad for a year.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    7/14/2019 -

Weighted bar dips with 20kg KB - 3-5-5-5-4-3 = 25 reps in 13:12.

Plan was 8 rounds of 5 reps every 2:50 but after struggling with first round, I played it by ear. Called it quits after 25 reps. I'm only as good as my last workout. Last weighted bar dips with 20kg KB was 8 rounds of 5 reps except 4 reps 8th round (39 reps) in 21:19 on 6/21/2019. Oh well, can't hit a home run every time up to bat.

Will be concentrating on getting ready for my 6-mile fun run in two weeks between now and then.

Might walk later but might not.
  • aokoye
    aokoye wrote: »

Many of the folks from my Sub 7 group just rowed in the Henley Masters over the UK, which from what I understand, is some world class rowers. They posted some videos of the race on our FB group of the 8's final, which was a UK group against an American group (which sounded like many former college crew and some former Olympian Masters rowers). Just incredible to watch. I'm jealous of all your OTW work!

That is full of awesome! And yes, given that the regular Henley Regatta is a really big deal, I suspect that the masters version is also a pretty big deal.

For the non-rowers (and the rowers I suppose) here's one of the best of videos from the Royal Henley Regatta from last weekend (I don't think the masters regatta was streamed) The entire regatta was streamed live on youtube and you can still find all of the streams.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fn6UV3X5qs

Also for people who haven't competed in an OTW regatta and/or who don't watch rowing on a regular basis, that the crews are going off in pairs instead of six abreast like in this recap of a major regatta last month is a bit odd and I suspect has everything to do with the fact that it's on the Thames.
  • aokoye
    Around 9km in a quad this morning. I was sitting in three and while I wish I had been in 2 so I wouldn't have had to focus on making calls as well (only really an issue during our warmup - I actually kind of like relying all other calls), I am very glad I wasn't in bow. I also learned very quickly that putting my watch on my right hand is a bad plan because it will just get in the way - I switched wrists when we gathered up after crossing to the other side of the river to hear part of the plan for practice.

I also did some shoulder flexion exercises.
  • TaliaEsca
    TaliaEsca Posts: 6 Member
    I just did 15 min on the elliptical. My husband and I are about to go on a walk. Waiting for the sun to start to go down. 96 degrees today.