The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ouch, well hopefully you will be able to get some soothing something on it!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Luckily I had burn spray right beside me. Now I smell like antiseptic spray but at least it'll cool off
  • OtherBill23
    OtherBill23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Guess who forgot to wear sunscreen on her run today and now has rosey shoulders??? You'd think a middle ager would know better

Sounds like me. Then wifey would reprimand me :-(
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Guess who forgot to wear sunscreen on her run today and now has rosey shoulders??? You'd think a middle ager would know better

Sounds like me. Then wifey would reprimand me :-(

Ya when hubs saw me he was like that's gonna be fun to sleep with. Ooops
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    yogidani77 wrote: »
    Happy Monday Middle Agers
    While the scale isn't moving I know my latest fitness kick is working since I am seeing muscles I forgot I had. Means the layer of fluff is melting away
    Less than 2 weeks to my vacation and we've an appointment this week for my son and one next week for my shoulder. I've told my mom i'll take her for lunch on Thursday. It's busy....I need to figure out when i'll pack I guess....have a great week

So glad to hear you are making progress.
    This is the type of progress I’m looking for.
    I’m not really needing to lose anymore weight, but I could do without the fluff....
    I hope you have a great week and all your appointments and lunch go well.

Lots of good info about recomposition in this thread. Might be useful for you ladies.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

Thanks. I will give it a look :)
  • yogidani77
    Options

I didn’t wear sunscreen on my run either 😕
    Fortunately for me it was cloudy the whole time, so I didn’t get burned but I should also know better.
    I hope it it better soon.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Fortunately for me it was cloudy the whole time, so I didn’t get burned but I should also know better.

The s find I started i thought hmmm I forgot sunscreen and the result lo6v1k4npiq8.jpg
  • yogidani77
    Options

The s find I started i thought hmmm I forgot sunscreen and the result lo6v1k4npiq8.jpg

Ouch 😢
    I hope you are putting aloe Vera or something on it.
    The last time I had sunburn I used cocoa butter and it worked pretty well.
    Sending you cooling thoughts
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Ouch 😢
    I hope you are putting aloe Vera or something on it.
    The last time I had sunburn I used cocoa butter and it worked pretty well.
    Sending you cooling thoughts

I have some cooling and healing burn spray. We shall see how well it works. I need to be more careful. But this happens at least once a summer
  • dkeele44
    dkeele44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ola, looks like a fun thread.
  • yourfriend4ever
    yourfriend4ever Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm going on 47. I'll be 47 in August. I'm 46 now, of course.
  • GRNEYEGAL
    GRNEYEGAL Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey 50 in October. Feel free to add me.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Middle Agers
    While the scale isn't moving I know my latest fitness kick is working since I am seeing muscles I forgot I had. Means the layer of fluff is melting away
    Less than 2 weeks to my vacation and we've an appointment this week for my son and one next week for my shoulder. I've told my mom i'll take her for lunch on Thursday. It's busy....I need to figure out when i'll pack I guess....have a great week

I need a vacation! Glad you are seeing results! Hope your Monday went well!
  • yogidani77
    Options
    Good morning y’all. I hope you’re having a great day 😊
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!!!! I'm heading out first thing to get cough suppressant for my son, poor guy has a pretty nasty cough now.

Have a fab day my friends. I'll be powering back the coffee since I was up half the night listening to the hacking
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Indeed! Have a great day Ali and everyone! I'm gonna get out and grab myself some new bars for my weights lol seems I lost the little things that lock the weights on to my barbells and big bar. Its about time I updated my workout set.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Get those locking things. I have visions of lifting something heavy and listing to the side as the weights slide off the bar
  • DebraW70
    DebraW70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Hi all, finally feel like my life is my own for a while. All my summer time obligations have been fulfilled! Yay.
    So, headed out for a short run yesterday. It was HOT. Well, considering I haven't done any warm weather running yet this year, 26C was tough. Only walked a few steps, a few times, and finished. It was slow, but mostly steady. :)

Good for you!!!! You finished no matter the speed or time you finished! 🏆