The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• EVguy1
    EVguy1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    At 58 am I too old to join?
    I’m back for a second round of loss, this time for health reasons.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Good morning middle agers :)

Good night. My time zone is 14 hrs different to yours.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Good morning middle agers :)

Good night. My time zone is 14 hrs different to yours.

I've been 17 hours ahead of some people, depending on DST.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Morning, morning 👋 Happy Friday y'all!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    Hi, i've just turned 50, trying to get serious about my health and drop some weight, looking for some support buddies!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    EVguy1 wrote: »
    EVguy1 wrote: »

Never too old to join -- welcome!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Hi, i've just turned 50, trying to get serious about my health and drop some weight, looking for some support buddies!

Okay. Will add you.
  • Ironlady70
    Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    48 keeping up with the 20-30 somethings is head rush !! Keep pushing - we are not old yet !!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday middle agers!
    I survived another full week of exercise classes. Double classes Tue - Thurs. :)
  • datherton1802
    datherton1802 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI, all, i'm 50ish - stopped counting if i'm honest! Type 2 diabetic, looking for inspiration to loose the weight I've put on in the last 12 month! ... and the rest in an attempt to stop the expanding waist band lol. Please feel free to add me!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    epr3996 wrote: »
    It's that time of year when even the elders like myself can walk outside and not start sweating!

We had our first frost warning last night. Yuck. But at least my thighs won't rub together when I walk in shorts anymore, lol.
  • betterthanyesterday69
    Options
    looking to add more friends! Middle ager here, please add me
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Fall is here in the Northeast US. Doing a pool swim tonight, then planning a bike ride and some running over the weekend. Weather looks perfect.

Happy Friday middle agers!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I was discussing typewriters with someone the other day saying we didn't have computers in school we used typewriters and considered ourselves lucky because they were electric. He looked at my like I was on drugs and then politely asked if he could ask my age. He had assumed I was mid 30s loke he was. I really don't mind being my age and always think it's funny when I trick people. Especially if they start talking about people "our age" and I know I'm not or the time an older gentleman asked if I was a student. Haha. It's funny the reactions.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I was discussing typewriters with someone the other day saying we didn't have computers in school we used typewriters and considered ourselves lucky because they were electric. He looked at my like I was on drugs and then politely asked if he could ask my age. He had assumed I was mid 30s loke he was. I really don't mind being my age and always think it's funny when I trick people. Especially if they start talking about people "our age" and I know I'm not or the time an older gentleman asked if I was a student. Haha. It's funny the reactions.

That's great. I mess people up when I talk about shaving with a straight razor. Then I tell them the razor itself is over 100 years old. Then I like to mess with them and tell them I bought it new :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

That's great. I mess people up when I talk about shaving with a straight razor. Then I tell them the razor itself is over 100 years old. Then I like to mess with them and tell them I bought it new :)

That is fun
    At skating a few will say they wish they could skate as I do. I reply I started at the age of 5 and I'm still going. They ask how long that's been and when I say 40 years I often hear, that's longer than I've been alive. Patience young grasshopper haha
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, feel free to add me. I love new friends!! x I log daily and it's always open.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

That is fun
    At skating a few will say they wish they could skate as I do. I reply I started at the age of 5 and I'm still going. They ask how long that's been and when I say 40 years I often hear, that's longer than I've been alive. Patience young grasshopper haha

Young grasshopper reminds me of the TV show Kung Fu. The did a sequel show called the Legend Continues (I think) and there was an old character who was called The Ancient. I tell my kids I'm planning to live so long I will become known as The Ancient. The eyerolls I get are worth it all the time.

Are you ice skating or rollerskating?
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    I'm 40, feel free to add me. I love new friends!! x I log daily and it's always open.

Welcome to the group, Amy
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Afternoon. Hope you all are enjoying your day.