Low calorie requirement

I used to be able to loose weight quite easily. Since I have had my children this has changed. I've tried slimming world and other diets with no success unless I cut out a lot extra, which I didn't find sustsinable. I've put this down to me not following the diet properly. The last 3 months I have started good old fashioned calorie counting, weighing, measuring & logging. It's clear I don't start to loose weight unless I stick to 1000 calories or below! This is discouraging! At 1500 or even 1200 I just stay the same. I am 5ft 3in and 98kgs so have lots to loose. I have a seated job but walk a few miles daily.
Anyone else in this situation?

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    A lot of women have thyroid issues after pregnancy. Maybe look into that with your doctor.

This. I was diagnosed a few years after my son was born and it took 3yr of doctors appointments and labs to get a proper diagnosis.

If you are 100% positive your logging is accurate you should see a doctor
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    What was the change in your rate of loss between 1200 calories and 1000 calories?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    I might share food diary in the future when I've got a few weeks on here, I've only just started with mfp this week. I used a different app before this.

A week of data might be enough for us to spot common logging errors that cause people to not lose weight. At that point, do change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • TallGent66
    TallGent66 Posts: 84 Member
    No one has mentioned excercise?

Years ago I got back in gear. Lost 10 pounds, stalled. Eating low fat cottage cheese, one small healthy burrito, etc. Not much for a man 6'6".

Choosing to walk large flights of stairs at mass transit helped shed more pounds.

Upping cardio from 30 minutes to 1 hour was a big key for me.

Eating wise, one of my downfalls was large amounts of coffee creamer. Sometimes chips.

Good luck!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    TallGent66 wrote: »
    No one has mentioned excercise?

Years ago I got back in gear. Lost 10 pounds, stalled. Eating low fat cottage cheese, one small healthy burrito, etc. Not much for a man 6'6".

Choosing to walk large flights of stairs at mass transit helped shed more pounds.

Upping cardio from 30 minutes to 1 hour was a big key for me.

Eating wise, one of my downfalls was large amounts of coffee creamer. Sometimes chips.

Good luck!

OP says she's only eating 1000 cals. If that is an accurate figure, the last thing she should do is exercise more on top of that. She is either not waiting long enough to see results before changing things, or she is eating more calories than she thinks, or she has a medical condition. Whichever it is needs to be fixed before throwing another variable into the mix.

^^^ hit the nail on the head.