The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!!!! I'm heading out first thing to get cough suppressant for my son, poor guy has a pretty nasty cough now.

Have a fab day my friends. I'll be powering back the coffee since I was up half the night listening to the hacking

I hope your little guy is feeling better today!
    sdereski wrote: »
    Hi all, finally feel like my life is my own for a while. All my summer time obligations have been fulfilled! Yay.
    So, headed out for a short run yesterday. It was HOT. Well, considering I haven't done any warm weather running yet this year, 26C was tough. Only walked a few steps, a few times, and finished. It was slow, but mostly steady. :)

All that matters is you did it!!! Only compete with yourself :)
    That’s been my motto since I’ve been running and it always makes me feel ok about my time and makes me want to push myself to be better!
    Good for you for getting out there and getting it done ✅
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    It’s been 6 months since I gave up soda/pop and also caffeine 😮

I did the same about a year or two ago. Well, I still drink Diet Coke occasionally but most of the time I have spring water, fresh juice, or weak(er) diluted squash. Gave up coffee due to it making me feel sick one day, or at least I thought it was the coffee. Either way, don't miss it and feel better drinking more water and fresh juice instead.

It was breaking out of that particular habit of having one in the morning, without fail, that was the best part I think. Knowing I could stop one long-term habit meant I could stop any of the others, with a bit of self-discipline. Also gave up smoking (both types) and drinking alcohol (aside from the random couple of beers every few months with friends), all around the same time too.

Best decisions I ever made, to be fair. Apart from being a little overweight and unfit, I still feel a hundred times better than before.
  • yogidani77
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Guess who forgot to wear sunscreen on her run today and now has rosey shoulders??? You'd think a middle ager would know better

LOL..well I still say KUDOS for going for a run!!!
    as parents sometimes we look after everyone else we forget about ourselves!!

This is so TRUE!!

Almost 40 and so excited!! They say 40s are the new 20s

Heck yeah!!!! I love this attitude 🥰
    I’ll be 42 in September! 🤘🏼
    Starting the divorce process which is hard and sad but using this opportunity to better myself including my body. It’s time for me to focus me which I haven’t done in ten years. Feel free to add me. I need all the support I can get and I’ll do my best to do so in return.

So sorry to hear you are having to go through that but I love your attitude ♥️
    You should put yourself first and learn to love yourself. It is very empowering!!!
    Way to make a positive out of a seemingly negative situation 👍🏼
  • yogidani77
    Options
    Another run last night. Same route as the day before, but ran it almost 5 minutes faster. It was 12 degrees cooler. Amazing what weather can do. :)

You are SO right!!!!
    Awesome job!!!
  • jfdi6960
    jfdi6960 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I had a tattoo today but was very ill during it. Think it was low blood sugar
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Another run last night. Same route as the day before, but ran it almost 5 minutes faster. It was 12 degrees cooler. Amazing what weather can do. :)

Great point! I've been walking during the last hour before sunset, when it is cooling down. Much easier to get moving when it is not blast furnace hot.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Whew....this heat is something else! Even worse the next couple of days! I hope you all had a great day!
  • yogidani77
    Options
    It has definitely been hot the past couple of days. I have to get out to run at least by 6:30 in the morning or wait until 7:30 in the afternoon. Later in the afternoon would be better but it would be dark before I get home. Even at that I still look like I’ve taken a shower because I am soaked 😕
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Seems so many places are so hot right now. It was super humid here today after our big rainstorm. Friday and Saturday are supposed to be super hot. Tomorrow not so bad but I have a lunch date so no running after I drop the boy st camp. Sadly.
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yeah, it's pretty hot here at the moment (for me anyway lol). Had to attend a jobs fair and decided against shirt and tie, opting for shorts and t-shirt. So glad I did. Wasn't the only one either, so that was good. :D Still nailed the impromptu interviews, regardless of attire.

Rained in the afternoon a little and by the looks of it, overnight too. But it'll creep back up into the 20's again, no doubt.
  • TomFit18
    Options
    Good morning friends...another night of thunderstorms here...have a great day! Anyone have any exciting weekend plans?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    It was another warm one yesterday, so got on my bike. I am embarrassed to say it was my first time on the bike this year! Me, who LOVES her bike and cycling just sat in the saddle for the first time yesterday. What?!
    It was a wonderful ride. Rode 14 miles in 70 minutes. Thought I was gonna die on those hills. :)
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    So I went for lunch with a friend. He is inching toward 90 he told me today. He will never tell me his actual age. The man looks amazing. He looks after all his friends and family and still works. We decided it is imperative to keep active. My friends range from 20s to 80s. I love when I do active things with my older friends. It really does inspire me to keep active and fit.

Then I went for a run. A garbage man called out to me telling me I should sweat a lot. Well I did. Running after a big lunch in the heat of midday isn't the best idea ever. But I got it done
  • TomFit18
    Options
    w0qmft6bab5v.jpg

It might hit 100 for heat index yet today! Glad the work day is over!
  • JustKeepTryingNeverGiveUp
    Options
    GRNEYEGAL wrote: »
    Hey 50 in October. Feel free to add me.

Me too!!
    Welcome :)
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Beautiful. I love winter
  • SpYkEza
    SpYkEza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Runner from RSA, 3x Comrades Marathons. Now trying to get back into the sport with Strength and running. Feel free to add. CIAO