Tattoos, anyone?

Options
124»

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I don't have any yet, but I want to get a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. The angel will be a frog with wings and a halo (in memory of my mother, whose nickname was "Froggie"), and the devil will be driving a hot rod. :smokin:
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i have six, seven if you want to get technical
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i have 2 tats and have 2 more in the making once i have money lol
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have the redwood forest on my back. Traditionally, back pieces were done as a means of protection from behind in the form of a dragon or tiger or such.

Mine is protection from behind. One of the main trees is my Mom and the second of the main trees is yet to be determined. The bottom of the tattoo consists of fog and 'forest fairies'. They exist if you spend enough time in the woods.

Besides that, I have a star with a shamrock in the middle on my hip. I just like stars and I was born on St. Patrick's Day.
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    6086350634_5cbc0b7606.jpg
    tat by hisafwife, on Flickr

It means I don't eat my friends. (vegetarian thing)
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i have 7 and not anywhere near done.
    Once i hit my goal weight, i plan on rewarding myself with a new one, a celebration tattoo.
  • emptysh0ebox
    Options
    I have on my ankle and I'm thinking about getting one on my back
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have the redwood forest on my back. Traditionally, back pieces were done as a means of protection from behind in the form of a dragon or tiger or such.

Mine is protection from behind. One of the main trees is my Mom and the second of the main trees is yet to be determined. The bottom of the tattoo consists of fog and 'forest fairies'. They exist if you spend enough time in the woods.

Besides that, I have a star with a shamrock in the middle on my hip. I just like stars and I was born on St. Patrick's Day.

That sounds amazing, i hope you post a pic one day!!
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    I have one with a sun with 2 dolphins around the sun on my back. I wanna get another one. A shooting star across my shoulder. To remind me that when you wish upon a star, dreams can come true. I know it sounds corny. but that's what I want.
  • darkcowboy
    darkcowboy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    lets see
    i have
    1 the Chinese characters for dark mystery on my lower right forearm (represents me)
    2 upper right inside arm i have a skull wearing a hate with a spade on top of it surrounded by cherry blossoms (represents some dear friends)
    3 upper right outside arm i have a cowboy skull with a royal flush with a banner below that reads born to lose live t o win (represents me and my life)
    4 inside left forearm lower a Celtic key that matches a lock my wife has
    5 upper left arm griffin (was my first tattoo represents) dark intelligence
    6 half sleeve in progress - a full color collage that darkened my griffin lines out and added stars and skulls and a huge snake very old school
    7 left shoulder blade start of david made out of nails and on fire (represents my Jewish bloodline and the hardships my people went through)
    8 right shoulder blade Celtic knotted cross with a wolf in front wolf has red eyes (my guardian)
    9 middle upper back 3 female demons with a background of flames and chains coming from there mouths piercing my skin (represents my wife and two other friends)
    10 right thigh and leg (in progress) female colonial vampire portrait
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm checking out a tattoo place on Friday to finally get mine done. :)
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    I have four tattoo's so far, contemplating a full suit but that's a ways away anyway lol.

First one is a slipknot tribal I got when I turned 18 because I was really into the band at the time and their songs had alot of meaning to things i had experienced in life so far.

Second one was a wolf tribal I got because I love wolves

Third one was a japanese geisha I got, both because I love the japanese culture

Fourth was a custom designed peice that I did, its two detailed to go into but the short version is that it is my lifes story to date, and is the only one I have which is clearly visible at all times unless I am wearing a long sleeve shirt.
  • LeeLeeTunk
    Options
    I have 12 tats...im addicted!!

My fave two are "Norma Jeane" on my wrists (Marilyn Monroes birth name)
    And Hello Kitty in a polka dot dress, saying "Hello Lisa" (my name) on my foot
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have this on my shoulder, still have yet to take a pic of the tattoo itself but the artist did a great job:

1011961.jpg

I love horses and I love art almost as much. So when I learned about Franz Marc in an art history class, a man who painted LOTS and LOTS of colorful horses, it just made sense. This one in particular because I just moved across the country to work at a breeding farm where I get to play with baby horses all day :)
  • jalmond27
    Options
    I have a three quarter sleeve on my right arm(still not finished) I have one on the side of my left leg and a dove and cross on my upper left arm.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I only have one so far..on my left hand above my thumb. It's right where I can always see it. It's a little monkey off of my son's coming home outfit. Reminds me, no matter where I am or what I'm doing, that I'm a mother before anything else.

Once the hubby and I get married, we plan on getting tattoos on our ring fingers since he can't wear a ring to work. They will most likely be the date of our marriage.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I have one started on my arm. Horses in ying-yang symbol on a shield framed by mother knots. It's a mix of Pat Fisk flash and a friends painting. It's to memorialize my mother and I included the name my grandmother caled her to remember her as well. The band needs to be finished. It will look like weathered leather tied off with rope and feathers. Can't figure out how to post pics, but its in my profile pics.