What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    If you’re bored, you’re boring

Me...or is this a tricky/clever grammar lesson or something...for me?!
    Either way, I'm claiming it
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I often complain (on here) about our student volunteers, but today I found myself liking "teaching" this one girl, and I actually enjoyed a conversation with a 15 year old.

She's so eager, it's cute!
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Me...or is this a tricky/clever grammar lesson or something...for me?!
    Either way, I'm claiming it

No, nothing tricky. 🙂
  • jedoubleday
    jedoubleday Posts: 479 Member
    Options

this explains a lot thank you
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

this explains a lot thank you

😁
  • jedoubleday
    Options
    why do they call it mac and cheese and not Cheese and mac I feel the cheese should be the star don't you?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    STOP IT! Look at the dates please.
  • etelfer39
    etelfer39 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    How do you politely tell a family member "You text me way too often about pointless crap"
  • jedoubleday
    Options
    etelfer39 wrote: »
    How do you politely tell a family member "You text me way too often about pointless crap"

My god would you please stop texting me.. no to direct.. Not sure if there is a polite way because not matter how you say it they may deem it rude. Sometime direct or blunt is better.

• jedoubleday
    Options
    STOP IT! Look at the dates please.

???? what is on my mind is what could this be about??
  • etelfer39
    edited July 2019
    Options
    etelfer39 wrote: »

My god would you please stop texting me.. no to direct.. Not sure if there is a polite way because not matter how you say it they may deem it rude. Sometime direct or blunt is better.

I mean wouldn't you take the hint after 8 unresponded texts in a row..;.? I mean jesus, I have a job, a house im fixing up and a family of my own, I don't really have time to stare at my phone all day long for other people's entertainment.
  • jedoubleday
    Options

[/quote]

I mean wouldn't you take the hint after 8 unresponded texts in a row..;.?[/quote]

I mean you would think they would but if your family is like mine even the sister I blocked still keeps trying sometimes family can be pretty dense .. no offense intended at all.

• etelfer39
    Options

I mean wouldn't you take the hint after 8 unresponded texts in a row..;.?[/quote]

I mean you would think they would but if your family is like mine even the sister I blocked still keeps trying sometimes family can be pretty dense .. no offense intended at all.

[/quote]

None taken. it's annoying. It would be different if it pertained to something, but it's always *kitten* like "hows the weather, hot enough for ya" etc
  • jedoubleday
    Options
    It could be they are trying to make some sort of connection that others won't give them. Maybe they feel you are safe to talk to and looking for you to let them in. I don't know I find it annoying when I don't get those things I only get the "can you do..." "can you help.." like we are family not a service.
  • The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_ Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    Worried about my mom who got admitted in the hospital this morning 😔

Sending prayers that all is well with her

Thank you
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Sending well wishes that she is ok and has a fast recovery 🤗
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

Damnit !
  • The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_ Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options

Sending well wishes that she is ok and has a fast recovery 🤗

Thank you Jo ❤
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    my old man has been living alone for a long time now. about a year or so ago he started seeing a lady who was his high school sweetheart way back in the day.
    they moved in together not too long ago now, and both of em have been really happy and good for each other. she's a nice lady i think.
    they went on a road trip together about a week ago and just got back on Monday. he came into town today to help me out with a project and told me they got married while they were on their trip.
    he's real happy about it. like i ain't used to seeing my old man smiling for a long time now. so its pretty good.

This made me smile. I'm happy for both of you
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I’m sofa king bored - why can’t I sleep ??

Get up at 4am and workout with me. Then you'll crash early!