September Challenge - Team Amazing Grace (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
This post is for the upcoming September Challenge for Team Amazing Grace. Most of you were on the August challenge with each other, and I must say - YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!! We do have a new person, so be sure to check out the names and add anyone that you don't currently have on your MFP friends list.

Also be sure to "bump" this thread so that you can find it easily next week.

amazing grace (that's me!)
carrriebear
cath1717
caza6464
edithrenee
johnspa
Lisaap77
SarahRuth
TNGirlyGirl
walkingingrace2011
Xtine72

I also want to encourage you to purchase a set of dumbbells. 3lb or 5lb to start out with (or 10lb for those of you who know you can do more!!) This will really help you to build, tone and define muscle. They can be purchased for under $10 from walmart. And if you cannot do that at this time, use cans of soup, vegetable juice and water bottles can also be used as substitutes.

Next week I will begin posting information about September's Daily and Weekly challenges. We will have two separate workout programs. Some of the exercises with crossover, however many will not. We will have the nomad series which will be more of a repeat of what we've done in August. We will also have the BUSHMEN series. This will be an advanced workout series designed to push those ready for a new challenge.

We will be utilizing (HIIT) High Impact Interval Training along with TABATA Training. A tabata timer will be provided for free in the future via mp3 file. This will be a free download and can help everyone stay on the tabata cycle. Tabata training is a 20 second intense workout with a 10 second break over 4 exercises and then you repeat for a total of 4 minutes. It is designed to increase aerobic and anaerobic conditioning. You can google and read more about Tabata training.

Another Bushmen series exercise program we will utilize is Wildman Training. This uses primarily bodyweight exercises to help tone, burn and shape our new bodies.

The weekly team challenges will now be referred to as TRIBAL CHALLENGES.

THIS SEPTEMBER WE ARE GOING TRIBAL AND WE ARE GOING TO CHANGE OUR MFP COMMUNITY!

Oh, I almost forgot!! We can pick a new "tribal" name for our team if we want to.... just let me know!! Come on - use your imagination!!

Replies

• amazing_grace♥
    Options
    There will be 2 levels of challenges in September . A basic low impact workout and an advanced (BUSHMEN) high impact workout. I want to encourage you to mix and match if you choose (or if something is too hard on yours knees, etc).

Other than that, the points and scoring will be as follows:

1 pt. per pound lost (weight)
    1 pt for each member that does their daily challenge
    1 pt for each member that does the weekly challenges (staying under calorie goal; 8+ glasses of water)

BONUS POINTS:
    * If every team member does all of the daily challenges for that week, the team gets an additional 5 bonus points
    * If every team member works toward the weekly challenge for that week, (and we COMPLETE the weekly challenge), the team gets an additional 5 bonus points.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm here and ready for September!! Bumpity bump!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!! Let's go WILD this September!!!

There's a name for you... Women gone WILD!! :bigsmile:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!! Let's go WILD this September!!!

There's a name for you... Women gone WILD!! :bigsmile:

Haha!! That would have been a good name for us too TNGirlyGirl - except we will have a man on our team in September (YES, just one), but if you ask me, he's a very lucky guy to be on such an awesome team with all of US {if you ask ME!!} Haha. But I can say that - he's a personal friend of mine!! Haha.

Everybody be sure to add johnspa - he's a great guy and a real go-getter!!

Also be sure to add SarahRuth's friend jmanthei98

WELCOME!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you in September!!
  • jmanthei98
    jmanthei98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm so happy I was able to grab a spot on the team! I've been lacking motivation lately, and this accountability is exactly what I need. I'll be back later to add team members and a short bio. I look forward to "meeting" everyone! :-D
  • caza6464
    caza6464 Posts: 29
    Options
    Saturday
    Calories under goal
    10 glasses of water
    crunches done
    jumping jacks done
    1 mile walking done
    mountain climbers done
    wood chops done
    tuck jumpsdone

I need to apologise for tomorrow in advance as i know i will be going over calories
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    Saturday I did 100 crunches and 100 jumping jacks. Also got in 5 miles.
    8 glasses water
    Under calorie count
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    First I want to welcome Johnspa and Jmantie, new members of our september team!!!
    And I can't wait to see what's the training of the first september week!
    Cath
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    BUMP! :glasses:
  • Xtine72
    Options
  • Xtine72
    Options
  • Xtine72
    Options
  • Xtine72
    Options
  • Xtine72
    Options
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm so happy I was able to grab a spot on the team! I've been lacking motivation lately, and this accountability is exactly what I need. I'll be back later to add team members and a short bio. I look forward to "meeting" everyone! :-D

WECOME!! Jmanthei ..... nice to have you on our team!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Ok Team!! Be sure to post the last of your August "stats" on our August week 4 thread, NOT HERE.. This thread will start September 1st!!

Caza, edithrenee and TNGirlyGirl won't be joining us for the September challenge due to hectic schedules, etc. I hope that we can stay in touch - I've had such a GREAT month with you ladies and enoyed getting to know each of you!! You have done an AWESOME job this month and I wish you GREAT SUCCESS in your weight loss journey!! :flowerforyou:

Also, please welcome and add sbrown44, as our newest member of our team...
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jmanthei98
    jmanthei98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    Ok guys, I really need to know that "Bump" meens... French is my 1rst language and I'm not that good in english :blushing: ... Help :laugh:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Ok guys, I really need to know that "Bump" meens... French is my 1rst language and I'm not that good in english :blushing: ... Help :laugh:

@cath - it's just a way of posting something short to the thread which then saves it under the "My Topics" section of your Community Tab. Sometimes people will just say "bump" when they don't have time to right something lengthy (so that they can find it easily later when they have more time). I hope that helps!!