Sorry babe. That's a deal-breaker

Options

Replies

• edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I think in the last 24 years of relationships, I've proven several deal-breakers as false. That said, I would have to say that they one consistent is - You got knocked up by someone else while we were married.
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Deal breaker. When he says your favorite movie is stupid. Why you gotta be so mean about it? ☹

It is a Disney film isn’t it??

Ha ha. Nah. But it's cheesy.

Love Actually?
    When Harry Met Sally?

Have you ever heard of a film, where a woman maybe works as a welder by day, and does something more exotic at night?

No but google has....”Flashdance”. Not sure how this gem has escaped me. I will see if it is available online.

You never seen it? It is a classic.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I think in the last 24 years of relationships, I've proven several deal-breakers as false. That said, I would have to say that they one consistent is - You got knocked up by someone else while we were married.

There seems to be a lot to unpack here.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options

What were the deal breakers you proved to be false?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

I’m guessing that was not part of your agreement
  • amyjsparkles
    Options

I'm so sorry. Damn, people are f'ing terrible. Hugs. <3

My only real deal breaker that happened to me was when my ex husband told me he was gay.
    YEAH, IT'S OVER NOW. DEAL BREAKER.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

My only real deal breaker that happened to me was when my ex husband told me he was gay.

Kinda makes me wonder how many poor souls are in a heterosexual relationship due to some kind of perceived pressure, whether societal or familial or religious, but don’t identify as hetero

Bums me out.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Kinda makes me wonder how many poor souls are in a heterosexual relationship due to some kind of perceived pressure, whether societal or familial or religious..

Bums me out.

A lot more than you think. I just told him that we BOTH deserved to be happy and loved by someone who we can love fully. I was never mean to him about it, I know that he wanted his life to be "normal" according to society. Everyone deserves happiness and to live life how they want.

At the same time, he should have told me much sooner than 15 years into marriage, and though I feel bad for him, I feel bad for myself too. Coming out of that and realizing it was all lies was very harsh.

As someone who's still figuring out their sexuality, it is possible he didn't know himself. I didn't, until 5 years ago, know I was bi (possibly gay, though I'm not 100% on that). Until about 5 years ago, when I started going to therapy. I use bi, as kinda a catch all term btw. idk wtf I am. I just know I'm not strait. Maybe your ex was/is in the same boat?
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options

Kinda makes me wonder how many poor souls are in a heterosexual relationship due to some kind of perceived pressure, whether societal or familial or religious..

Bums me out.

A lot more than you think. I just told him that we BOTH deserved to be happy and loved by someone who we can love fully. I was never mean to him about it, I know that he wanted his life to be "normal" according to society. Everyone deserves happiness and to live life how they want.

At the same time, he should have told me much sooner than 15 years into marriage, and though I feel bad for him, I feel bad for myself too. Coming out of that and realizing it was all lies was very harsh.

I wouldn’t say it was all lies. Your feelings for him weren’t. I’m sure that all the laughs you both had weren’t lies either. He chose to stay with you for 15 years so that has to say something about you as a person.
  • amyjsparkles
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »

Bums me out.

As someone who's still figuring out their sexuality, it is possible he didn't know himself. I didn't, until 5 years ago, know I was bi (possibly gay, though I'm not 100% on that). Until about 5 years ago, when I started going to therapy. I use bi, as kinda a catch all term btw. idk wtf I am. I just know I'm not strait. Maybe your ex was/is in the same boat?

He said he always knew, even when he was young, that he is gay.

There was a lot of pressure from society and family etc, to have a normal life for him.

• amyjsparkles
    Options

Bums me out.

I wouldn’t say it was all lies. Your feelings for him weren’t. I’m sure that all the laughs you both had weren’t lies either. He chose to stay with you for 15 years so that has to say something about you as a person.

He said he would have stayed with me forever because he loved me as a person.

But we both deserved more. Honestly it's just a sad story all the way around.

Took me a long time to feel okay about it.
  • StartOverAndLive
    StartOverAndLive Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anger issues, chip on their shoulder, liars, mean spirited, no compassion, close minded....I could go on and on. Yes, I am recently divorced! lol
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »

Bums me out.

He said he always knew, even when he was young, that he is gay.

There was a lot of pressure from society and family etc, to have a normal life for him.

oooooohhhhhhh, I see. Yea, I agree, he should have told you right off. Sorry that happened to you. :/
  • queen4evr125
    queen4evr125 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    B.O.
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    B.O.
    Chances of finding someone that doesn't smell, are pretty slim lol. We all smell one way or another. :D
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    B.O.
    Chances of finding someone that doesn't smell, are pretty slim lol. We all smell one way or another. :D

Oi, speak for yourself.. I smell good :D 😁
  • amyjsparkles
    Options
    When they don't like zucchini.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Who doesn’t like gagoots?

ETA: I’d show y’all some from my garden but that’s an actionable offense.
  • amyjsparkles
    Options

Who doesn’t like gagoots?

ETA: I’d show y’all some from my garden but that’s an actionable offense.

I know right??!? Think of everything you can do with it! Saute it, make it into zucchini boats, use it as noodles, make it into a sweet bread! It's fantastic!!