Is It Over Yet? The Perimenopause Thread

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Yep,I get the dizzies too, mostly when I'm on my period or right before
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    Does anyone else experience vertigo? I did look it up and found it’s one of the symptoms. I get teased a lot because I am a natural clutz to begin with. Nowadays it’s happening more often!

Yep, for a couple years I was tremendously dizzy in the 2-3 days before my periods started. Thankfully, that has eased off.

• OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Why is being a woman so rubbish sometimes ???!
  • Machka9
    51caTlaDy wrote: »
    For the person that said she can't wait for all of it to be over, my mom is 78 and still has a lot of hot flashs. I'm 51 and just starting to see longer times between periods. Had some hot flashes at 42 but not since. Hope I am completely done with it all soon. I won't be able to do HRT because of past DVT and pulmonary embolism.

Ditto.

My mother is still experiencing hot flashes too ... in her late 70s.

I'm 52 and am occasionally seeing longer times between periods. I have had all sorts of perimenopause symptoms since about 42 and hope I'll be done with it soon.

And I can't use HRT because of a past DVT.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Yeah my friend is in her 60's and still gets hot flashes
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    OK, I'm having a weird problem and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I didnt have a period for two years, then had two a month apart. Nothing the next month, then about three months later I had a period. Instead of stopping, I've been spotting for 5 weeks not counting my monthly period, then back to spotting. I'm getting to the point of making a doctor's appointment. I've had endometriosis in the past but my periods aren't as bad since my surgeries and being on meds for years that stopped my period. I stopped those about 2 1/2 years ago. Anyone else experience this?
  • OooohToast
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    OK, I'm having a weird problem and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I didnt have a period for two years, then had two a month apart. Nothing the next month, then about three months later I had a period. Instead of stopping, I've been spotting for 5 weeks not counting my monthly period, then back to spotting. I'm getting to the point of making a doctor's appointment. I've had endometriosis in the past but my periods aren't as bad since my surgeries and being on meds for years that stopped my period. I stopped those about 2 1/2 years ago. Anyone else experience this?

Poor you :(

I havent experienced this but my friend has had the random timed cycles and full periods for weeks at a time, and some more normalish periods with some spotting for days/weeks after - her GP essentially said you arent meonpausal 'yet'. Here in the UK recognition and support for being peri-menopausal is a little hit and miss.

I think its worth seeing your gynae if you have one ?
  • Katmary71
    OooohToast wrote: »

I havent experienced this but my friend has had the random timed cycles and full periods for weeks at a time, and some more normalish periods with some spotting for days/weeks after - her GP essentially said you arent meonpausal 'yet'. Here in the UK recognition and support for being peri-menopausal is a little hit and miss.

Hm, I sound like your friend! I don't have a GYN just a GP. She is pretty good though, I'm comfortable with her. It takes a month to see her though so I figured I'd stop spotting once I made the appointment. Good reason to make one I guess!
  • Machka9

Get it checked.

Could be any number of things but definitely worth getting checked.

And yes, I've had something sort of similar.
  • OooohToast
    edited May 2019
    OooohToast wrote: »

Hm, I sound like your friend! I don't have a GYN just a GP. She is pretty good though, I'm comfortable with her. It takes a month to see her though so I figured I'd stop spotting once I made the appointment. Good reason to make one I guess!

I think its a good idea to make the appointment - and its great that you have a good relationship with your GP !

I think with this pile of total kitten, they look at the symptoms over a period of time - so it might be an idea to draw out a timeline of symptoms for your appointment ? There are other things that can rock up in PM that may not seem related to your hormones but are - things like UTI's, headaches, muscle pain, new allergies, old allergies disappearing, being tired, getting less sleep, my personl favouite - forgetfulness etc ! If you can see any of this over the past few years, might be worth sharing with her.

Also, if you are a Brit, there are NHS Menopausal clinics that your Dr can refer you to if appropriate - might be worth a mention to your GP.

Good luck !
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2019
    It all started on my 44 Birthday back in January, suddenly I gained 6 pounds, that I just can’t seem to be able to lose, last year I was dealing with cold flashes and just recently with hot ones, daily headaches, moodiness, hair loss, skin dryness etc my periods are still regular but I’m sure I’m in Perimenopause!
    And I really hope that it gets better 😐
  • OooohToast
    bfanny wrote: »
    It all started on my 44 Birthday back in January, suddenly I gained 6 pounds, that I just can’t seem to be able to lose, last year I was dealing with cold flashes and just recently with hot ones, daily headaches, moodiness, hair loss, skin dryness etc my periods are still regular but I’m sure I’m in Perimenopause!
    And I really hope that it gets better 😐

Welcome to one of the most rubbish clubs ever ! Have you been to your GP / MD yet ?
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    I’m 48 and all of this started in Jan. I went a month without a period and then had a small one. Now I seem to be spotting ALL the time. I only had 5 total days in the month of May with no bleeding at all. Anyone else? My GP seem to not be worried about it.
  • Katmary71
    kenkel4 wrote: »
    I’m 48 and all of this started in Jan. I went a month without a period and then had a small one. Now I seem to be spotting ALL the time. I only had 5 total days in the month of May with no bleeding at all. Anyone else? My GP seem to not be worried about it.

I just posted about this a few posts up. We're supposed to bleed LESS, what is up with this spotting?! Consensus was I should see the doctor.
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member

I just posted about this a few posts up. We're supposed to bleed LESS, what is up with this spotting?! Consensus was I should see the doctor.

Ugh! I will let you know if I find out anything. Please keep me posted as well.
  • Machka9

Sadly ... no.

The bleed less part comes right toward the end. However for years before that happens, many of us actually bleed more. I went from a consistent every 28 days to every 21 days with a whole lot of spotting and mini-periods in between.

Now, in my case, there was an additional medical reason (actually, several of them) for some of that, and that's why it is good to go to a doctor and get a reference to a gyn.
  • Machka9
    Is It Over Yet? The Perimenopause Thread

A question ... are any of you still going past 52 ... 53 ... 54 ... 55 ... ?