Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What is something that everyone can relate to?

13

Replies

  • Cowsfan1Cowsfan1 Member Posts: 7,937 Member Member Posts: 7,937 Member
    Trying to go to sleep at a decent hour only to lay in bed in your own thoughts for hours anyway .. shoulda just watched something on Netflix
  • PAFC84PAFC84 Member Posts: 1,869 Member Member Posts: 1,869 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Pain. Sadness. Everyone has some of that.

    When I was a kid and some *kitten* (because kids often are *kitten*) was being mean, I sometimes reminded myself that even s/he cried about something. It helped me sometimes to think of that - sometimes in a mean way and sometimes compassionately.

    Excellent point!

    This reminds me of some of the best advice I've ever had. It came from a 14 year old girl when a client was being an *kitten* to me, she said "it's not about you". I think this every time someone is a jerk to me now, who knows what's going on in their lives, and if I did nothing wrong, it's not a "me" problem, it's a "them" problem

    You tried to explain this to me before and I didn’t understand. I think I get it now.

    Which reminds me, I had someone tell me once that it's my fault if I get hurt feelings about something, because I "chose" to, or it was my interpretation, and it wasn't their intention.
    This idea is still a mind *kitten* to me.

    that sounds like something a sociopath would say tbh like saying *kitten* things to you then telling u it’s your fault if you feel bad about it, jmo

    Possibly. Or it could just be a way of saying as adults we are responsible for our feelings and how we chose to interpret something. Often things said can be interpreted many ways but as humans we often jump to the most negative interpretation.

    Someone looking at you:

    They’re staring
    They’re giving me a dirty look
    They hate me
    They’re going to attack me
    They’re short sighted
    They’re daydreaming
    They fancy me
    They think I look familiar
    I remind them of someone



  • caco_ethescaco_ethes Member Posts: 11,962 Member Member Posts: 11,962 Member
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Pain. Sadness. Everyone has some of that.

    When I was a kid and some *kitten* (because kids often are *kitten*) was being mean, I sometimes reminded myself that even s/he cried about something. It helped me sometimes to think of that - sometimes in a mean way and sometimes compassionately.

    Excellent point!

    This reminds me of some of the best advice I've ever had. It came from a 14 year old girl when a client was being an *kitten* to me, she said "it's not about you". I think this every time someone is a jerk to me now, who knows what's going on in their lives, and if I did nothing wrong, it's not a "me" problem, it's a "them" problem

    You tried to explain this to me before and I didn’t understand. I think I get it now.

    Which reminds me, I had someone tell me once that it's my fault if I get hurt feelings about something, because I "chose" to, or it was my interpretation, and it wasn't their intention.
    This idea is still a mind *kitten* to me.

    that sounds like something a sociopath would say tbh like saying *kitten* things to you then telling u it’s your fault if you feel bad about it, jmo

    Possibly. Or it could just be a way of saying as adults we are responsible for our feelings and how we chose to interpret something. Often things said can be interpreted many ways but as humans we often jump to the most negative interpretation.

    Someone looking at you:

    They’re staring
    They’re giving me a dirty look
    They hate me
    They’re going to attack me
    They’re short sighted
    They’re daydreaming
    They fancy me
    They think I look familiar
    I remind them of someone



    Yes! This for interactions with people in general, but especially people you don’t know or know well

    Also when you know someone cares about you and would never want to hurt you, how could you take offense to something they say? If you care about me, I’m going to hear everything you say through that filter
  • your_future_ex_wifeyour_future_ex_wife Member Posts: 4,278 Member Member Posts: 4,278 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Trying to go to sleep at a decent hour only to lay in bed in your own thoughts for hours anyway .. shoulda just watched something on Netflix

    Or listen to an audiobook, do a shot, and tell me about it! 😆
  • Cowsfan1Cowsfan1 Member Posts: 7,937 Member Member Posts: 7,937 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Trying to go to sleep at a decent hour only to lay in bed in your own thoughts for hours anyway .. shoulda just watched something on Netflix

    Or listen to an audiobook, do a shot, and tell me about it! 😆

    I may try this
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,980 Member Member Posts: 1,980 Member
    When you are walking outside and suddenly trip, then you look behind you as if to warn others of the hazard that isn't there!
  • caco_ethescaco_ethes Member Posts: 11,962 Member Member Posts: 11,962 Member
    When you are walking outside and suddenly trip, then you look behind you as if to warn others of the hazard that isn't there!

    I don’t look behind me, but i do look down and kick at the ground as if the only reason i could possibly trip is because of some disguised pothole
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,738 Member Member Posts: 4,738 Member
    What you start saying to yourself when your gettin a lil bit prickly about the fact you literally have a 4 hour window to get ANY sleep....cuz your stupid brain made you lie awake all night.
    14btj17l6meh.gif
  • sammidelvecchiosammidelvecchio Member Posts: 791 Member Member Posts: 791 Member
    How dumb you feel when you think someone is waving to you, so you wave back, and then realize they were not waving at you.
  • TeenybuddaTeenybudda Member Posts: 206 Member Member Posts: 206 Member
    When a police car is driving behind you and, having done nothing wrong, you get scared thinking they're coming after you.
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 20,197 Member Member Posts: 20,197 Member
    Teenybudda wrote: »
    When a police car is driving behind you and, having done nothing wrong, you get scared thinking they're coming after you.

    only the paranoid survive.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,980 Member Member Posts: 1,980 Member
    Teenybudda wrote: »
    When a police car is driving behind you and, having done nothing wrong, you get scared thinking they're coming after you.

    In my younger and foolish days, I had good reason to be paranoid!
  • TeenybuddaTeenybudda Member Posts: 206 Member Member Posts: 206 Member
    Same thing when you see a police car outside/near your house.

    edited August 2019
  • PAFC84PAFC84 Member Posts: 1,869 Member Member Posts: 1,869 Member
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Pain. Sadness. Everyone has some of that.

    When I was a kid and some *kitten* (because kids often are *kitten*) was being mean, I sometimes reminded myself that even s/he cried about something. It helped me sometimes to think of that - sometimes in a mean way and sometimes compassionately.

    Excellent point!

    This reminds me of some of the best advice I've ever had. It came from a 14 year old girl when a client was being an *kitten* to me, she said "it's not about you". I think this every time someone is a jerk to me now, who knows what's going on in their lives, and if I did nothing wrong, it's not a "me" problem, it's a "them" problem

    You tried to explain this to me before and I didn’t understand. I think I get it now.

    Which reminds me, I had someone tell me once that it's my fault if I get hurt feelings about something, because I "chose" to, or it was my interpretation, and it wasn't their intention.
    This idea is still a mind *kitten* to me.

    that sounds like something a sociopath would say tbh like saying *kitten* things to you then telling u it’s your fault if you feel bad about it, jmo

    Possibly. Or it could just be a way of saying as adults we are responsible for our feelings and how we chose to interpret something. Often things said can be interpreted many ways but as humans we often jump to the most negative interpretation.

    Someone looking at you:

    They’re staring
    They’re giving me a dirty look
    They hate me
    They’re going to attack me
    They’re short sighted
    They’re daydreaming
    They fancy me
    They think I look familiar
    I remind them of someone



    Yeah, I don’t really owe anyone the benefits of the doubt though I often give it. people really are sometimes *kitten* and it doesn’t matter that much to me what their intentions were.

    That’s true. No one owes anyone anything; contracts and loans aside.

Sign In or Register to comment.