Labor Day Mini Challenge!

Options

Replies

• SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I happily came in at 205.6 this morning! It's a new low for me right now, and was my goal to make by the end of July, and with one day left I've currently lost 5.6lbs this month and 9.4 since starting the beginning of june . I still think 199 is doable by labor day, so I'm going to keep that as my goal for now and will lower it if need be .

Excellent! You will be in "onederland" by Labor Day!
  • Making_Impossible_Possible
    Options
    Had another small 0.2 loss this morning. I'm excited to see the numbers go down on the scale finally. What I'm not liking is the immense headache I have from my carbs/sugar withdrawal. OTC pain relievers are helping, but only a tiny bit. Hopefully this will stop after a few more days.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Had another small 0.2 loss this morning. I'm excited to see the numbers go down on the scale finally. What I'm not liking is the immense headache I have from my carbs/sugar withdrawal. OTC pain relievers are helping, but only a tiny bit. Hopefully this will stop after a few more days.

Congrats, that is such a good feeling when the scale behaves! I don't envy you on the headache from carb/sugar withdrawal. Hope everything levels out soon.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday was a mixed bag of success and not so much. I dutifully pre-logged all of the day's calories and planned to do a 3.5 mile walk after work. So we get a heck of a storm that lasts all evening and knocks out our power. I was not able to get my walk in BUT I did manage to do all 11,500 steps. As the evening went on with no power we had pretty much decided we were going to have to get take-out for dinner. This really bummed me because I had planned my calories so carefully. I was furiously looking on Subway for something that would fit in my alloted calories when YAY the power came back on. I was able to cook dinner and stay within my goal. Normally, I would have blown off the evening and just ordered a sub, but I am determine to stick to the plan if at all possible.

I doubt very much I will see any success on the scale tomorrow because my weight has actually gone up this week. But I'll weigh-in, log it and dig in a little harder for next week's weigh-in. What other choice do I have right? :)
  • SuzOh
    Options
    AquaFan wrote: »
    Well yesterday was a mixed bag of success and not so much. I dutifully pre-logged all of the day's calories and planned to do a 3.5 mile walk after work. So we get a heck of a storm that lasts all evening and knocks out our power. I was not able to get my walk in BUT I did manage to do all 11,500 steps. As the evening went on with no power we had pretty much decided we were going to have to get take-out for dinner. This really bummed me because I had planned my calories so carefully. I was furiously looking on Subway for something that would fit in my alloted calories when YAY the power came back on. I was able to cook dinner and stay within my goal. Normally, I would have blown off the evening and just ordered a sub, but I am determine to stick to the plan if at all possible.

I doubt very much I will see any success on the scale tomorrow because my weight has actually gone up this week. But I'll weigh-in, log it and dig in a little harder for next week's weigh-in. What other choice do I have right? :)

Great choices and outcomeast night! Your willpower was impressive.

I weigh tomorrow as well. I've had an up and down week with food and exercise, so we'll see how that plays out on the scale.
  • aeastin1
    aeastin1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My stats

CW: 288.6
    SW: 311.8
    GW: 278 by Labor Day

Most of my healthy living group has started to fall off the wagon after 6 weeks. I need a group of people to keep me motivated! Looking forward to this challenge!
  • Momeri1113
    Momeri1113 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Someone directed me here under a post I made. I'm looking to lose about 10 pounds by September 1st. I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, lost a lot in 2013, gained a lot after a car accident in 2015 and then the gain was pushed to new heights after I gave birth to my son in November so I'm ready to make a change!

Sw: 260
    Cw: 254.8
    Lw: 180
    Gw: 170
    Ugw: 140

Let's be friends!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    aeastin1 wrote: »
    My stats

CW: 288.6
    SW: 311.8
    GW: 278 by Labor Day

Most of my healthy living group has started to fall off the wagon after 6 weeks. I need a group of people to keep me motivated! Looking forward to this challenge!

Welcome! Let's do this!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Momeri1113 wrote: »
    Hi all! Someone directed me here under a post I made. I'm looking to lose about 10 pounds by September 1st. I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, lost a lot in 2013, gained a lot after a car accident in 2015 and then the gain was pushed to new heights after I gave birth to my son in November so I'm ready to make a change!

Sw: 260
    Cw: 254.8
    Lw: 180
    Gw: 170
    Ugw: 140

Let's be friends!

Welcome! A car accident and a baby are both big life changing/challenging events. Glad you are here!
  • Making_Impossible_Possible
    Options
    Still 205.4 today. No loss is better than any gain! Still suffering through the head aches. This is day 3, hopefully it'll go away soon! On a side note, everyone who's done Keto, how long did it take to start seeing consistent losses? I know I've only been eating like this for 4 days, but I'm not budging. I also know that consistent losses wont be forever, or happen everyday. I just wanna know what everyone's first week was like..besides feeling like death.
  • StayFocused01023
    StayFocused01023 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Weekly Goal Check-In:
    1. Plan backups for bedtime/midday snack cravings and weekends and fit snacks into calorie targets -
    NOT ACCOMPLISHED :( I had a giant snickers bar and some chips on a mini road trip with my sister last Friday, those gas station stops are hard to resist - I even had a bag of beautiful cherries in the car! Problem identified - tempting treats at gas stations. Next time plan: either track treats into my targets & plan for them or pick up a banana instead (or a smaller snickers instead of a giant one :D). Also ate a bunch of sweet cereal on Tuesday night, babysitting for my nephew at their house. Problem identified - I went out to eat for breakfast and it got my tracking all out of whack that day, then I lost the motivation to care about what I ate for the rest of the day since I didn't have numbers to go from. Next time plan: try to track an out to eat meal even if it's not exact - just get a good ball park in there to work from

2. Go to at least two exercise classes per week OR two long walks outside OR combo of the two -
    ACCOMPLISHED! Trying new gyms & classes with a couple Groupons I scored - went to an aerial yoga class and a Barre Fit class, AND also made it out for a long walk that's extra!!

3. 2 minute ab/core routine every other day -
    ACCOMPLISHED!

4. Weigh in and post on Thursday -
    ACCOMPLISHED - Here!

5. Go the entire month of August without stopping for high calorie expensive coffee drinks -
    ACCOMPLISHED!

I'm 36 and 5'4"
    SW 7/25: 151.9
    CW 8/1: 148.8
    8/8:
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/29:
    9/5:
    It's nice to see a drop, but I was at this weight in March and June, and both times bounced back up to 153ish, so I'll believe it if I see it at least 2 more weeks.

Next week I'll work harder on the snacking goal, although I'm going on a cabin retreat weekend with some girlfriends... There will be healthy food around but it will be tempting to snack all day because I'm "relaxing and I earned it." I will think about this post when reaching for food and do my best to track everything I eat. I'm not going to be hardcore about staying within my limits but I'll make it a goal to at least track it all for awareness.

Mini GW (Labor Day): 149 (Finally get and stay under 150!)
    GW by End of Year: 139 (top of healthy BMI range)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 127 (Mid Range Healthy BMI) and keep it there!
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So far so good. These mini challenges always seem to get me moving :)

Original starting weight 276
    Challenge starting weight 259
    Challenge goal 249 (by Aug 24th)
    Today's weigh in 256
    Mini challenge loss so far 3
  • WoodAndCastIron
    WoodAndCastIron Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    First Friday weigh in for me on this challenge:
    Starting Weight 6/1 - 200
    7/26 - 189
    8/2 - 187.6
    8/9 -
    8/16 -
    8/25 -
    9/1 -
    Labor Day Goal - 177
    Goal weight for end of year and 50th birthday - 150
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Scale victory finally! Last week the scale read 201.6 on my weigh in day, today it read 196.6.
    My snacking is getting a little better but is not completely where I want it to be. For instance: I made Chex Mix the other day and grazed quite a bit yesterday. However, yesterday I also ate more vegetables.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Loving all of these updates! Congrats to all of you "losers"! No matter what that scale says, remember to just keep going and celebrate the wins off the scale as well.
  • SuzOh
    edited August 2019
    Options
    My weigh-in was underwhelming. That's all I got right now. More later when my mood improves.
  • jessiedawn8400
    jessiedawn8400 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I'd like to lose about 7-8 pounds by then. I weigh weekly on Fridays. I'm 5'2" and want to be 190 by 8/30 (my bday)

SW (March 2019) 227.8
    7/19 - 197.4
    7/26 - 196.4
    8/2 - 201.0... This is what happens when you eat out a lot. I know its water weight. I can tell I'm so puffy
    8/9 -
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

Total lost in Challenge - +4.60
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    SuzOh, can you fix my starting weight. I cut and pasted last week and obviously was trying to do too many things at once because my weight wasn't right. Here is the correct information:

SW: - 168.5
    7/26 - 168.7
    8/2 - 169
    8/9 -
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

So today was my one week weigh-in. I went up by a half a pound and I'm ok with that. Midweek I was up two pounds to I'm now headed back the right way. This week has been a learning experience for me. I learned that I can eat less food than usual and not be hungry. I learned that pre-logging my day is VERY helpful in getting me to stick to the plan. I also finally really get the fact that "all or the nothing" mentality does not work. I'm not always going to be perfect and that's ok.
  • Vgound54
    Vgound54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 65 years young, and weighed in this morning at a shocking 184.8 lbs. I will be happy with any weight loss at this point!! I'll set my goal at 5 lbs by Labor Day.