What is the one thing about you that surprises people?

Options

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    That I have a terrible temper. I hide it and manage it but when something pushes me past the break, I'm like a really F'd version of the Taz.
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I’m Italian and I absolutely HATE cooking
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    jmobes wrote: »
    I don’t drink alcohol. Never acquired the taste for it and I don’t like the feeling of being drunk. Always happy to be a DD before uber 😏

Same here.

When folks learn that I don’t drink, they typically think one of two things; either that I have had a drinking problem or that I’m a bible thumper..... I’m neither.

People who don’t drink sometimes make me nervous. Like, I expect that they’re judging me. Are you judging me?

Lol, I can't imagine judging someone for drinking. So long as your not trying to pressure me into drinking, then idc if you drink or not. Though I would laugh at you, if you got drunk and started acting silly.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    I don’t drink alcohol. Never acquired the taste for it and I don’t like the feeling of being drunk. Always happy to be a DD before uber 😏

Same here.

When folks learn that I don’t drink, they typically think one of two things; either that I have had a drinking problem or that I’m a bible thumper..... I’m neither.

People who don’t drink sometimes make me nervous. Like, I expect that they’re judging me. Are you judging me?

Lol, I can't imagine judging someone for drinking. So long as your not trying to pressure me into drinking, then idc if you drink or not. Though I would laugh at you, if you got drunk and started acting silly.
    I am silly stone cold sober so ...
  • mattig89ch
    edited August 2019
    Options

Same here.

I am silly stone cold sober so ...

Even better! More laughs to be had! :D

Edit: Back on topic, I don't cook. I can follow simple directions, but I don't get any enjoyment out of it. So I don't cook *shrug*
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    I hate spiders
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    That I am rather shy in person.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    That I’m a convicted felon.
    That I was once married to a celebrity.
    That I’m a pathological liar.
    Two of these are true
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness....
    That I’ve been with the same organization for 24 years. Longevity in the work place seems to be a dying concept.
  • forestfreek
    Options
    That I’m a convicted felon.
    That I was once married to a celebrity.
    That I’m a pathological liar.
    Two of these are true

Yes. But which 2?😜

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness....
    That I’ve been with the same organization for 24 years. Longevity in the work place seems to be a dying concept.

Nice! I was with my company for 31 years
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness....

So you started when you were 10? 😁
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness....

So you started when you were 10? 😁

haha! Nope, 18, right out of high school
  • mattig89ch
    Options
    oh, I got one. I don't like bacon very much. That always kinda surprises people.

I much prefer sausage
  • Teenybudda
    Teenybudda Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I used to live on the streets.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    oh, I got one. I don't like bacon very much. That always kinda surprises people.

I much prefer sausage

This does not surprise me.

Also, breakfast sausage is underrated.

My long lost breakfast order: Two eggs over easy, corned beef hash, rye toast, two sausage, and a Pepsi.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Teenybudda wrote: »
    When I was a kid I used to live on the streets.

Wow I'm sorry to hear that
  • forestfreek
    Options
    @Teenybudda - I can relate 🤗🤗🤗