Type O breakfast ideas?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    amyr271 wrote: »
    Is this even a thing? Just curious, why would your blood type effect what you eat?

Someone made it up in order to sell books. Just another gimmick, trying to make money off of the uninformed.

^ This.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Hi, I just found out that I'm type O, and I want to start eating according to my blood type but I have no ideas what to eat for breakfast because cereals are not allowed, please share some ideas and pictures if you have some, thanks in advance

I'm O Positive and I positively eat the foods I love.

Where did you hear about a blood type diet? Didn't you think it sounded absurd?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I just had a look as I'm also an O

"Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D'Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have."

Right, makes total sense as protein-rich food is a massive reflux trigger for me. I'd thus have to take PPI and other meds to prevent me from corroding my oesophagus, developing cancer and losing my teeth due to acid.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    I just had a look as I'm also an O

"Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D'Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have."

Right, makes total sense as protein-rich food is a massive reflux trigger for me. I'd thus have to take PPI and other meds to prevent me from corroding my oesophagus, developing cancer and losing my teeth due to acid.

So Type O is essentially Paleo. I'm an O, and I've never in my adult life felt healthier than I did during my time doing Paleo.
    I don't intend to preach on how great Paleo or Type O blood is, that's just my perspective.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited August 2019
    BDonjon wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Hopefully you are not intending this as an argument for the merits of the blood-type diet.

Sorry, I'm not going to judge something I just learned about today.

OP: A belated congrats on your 3rd anniversary of starting Paleo. Please consider my advice to dismiss the blood type diet stuff, because you're just going to confuse some people and draw criticism from others. If you've not figured it out yet the O blood type suggestion IS the Paleo diet. Paleo has a huge following on MFP, and you'll find plenty of support from other Paleo fans. Addressing your initial question, (which I'm not sure anyone ever did but TL;DR,) search Google for "Paleo breakfast ideas" and you'll find suggestions and recipes out the wazoo. You're welcome.

Huh? OP said nothing about eating paleo for three years.

I don't find the merits of the "blood-type diet" particularly difficult to come to a conclusion on. But my impression was you might think you were putting forth an argument FOR the merits of the diet (i.e., evidence that what the creator of it claims is true), so I wanted to point out that in fact that you like paleo has 0 to do with that.