Anyone starting 30DS tomorrow??

Options
124»

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I have the worst painful shin splints. I can't sleep at night because my knees and legs are aching so bad. I was trying to "push through" the pain for the first 10 days but I can't stand it anymore and I'm afraid I'm doing some kind of damage to my knees. It's to the point that it hurt to kick my legs in the water when I went swimming on Saturday.

I hate to say it, but I think I'm done with this for awhile :( I don't know if it's because I'm so heavy and it's stressing my legs, or because my family has a history of genetic knee problems, or because a month before I started this I fell and twisted my right knee while hiking and cut it up pretty badly and maybe it's throwing my whole body out of whack, I don't know. I think I'm going to see a doctor about the pain and re-evaluate.

Good idea. You don't want to end up broken. Nothing is worth that.
  • nels0071
    nels0071 Posts: 19
    Options
    I honestly don't know where I'm at with the 30 day shred. I took a day off and did walking, so I think today is L2 D3 or 4. Either way I'm was so sad when I lost no weigh this week. I should have taken waist, legs, hip and arm measurements from the beginning to see if I lost inches. I feel like I'm looking better, but the # is not reflecting that yet.

How's everyone else doing?
  • Ladytulip
    Ladytulip Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday, my god !!!!
    just completed day 2
    Question, can anyone tell me how many calories level 1 burns?
  • nels0071
    nels0071 Posts: 19
    Options
    I wish I really new, I just log it under circuit training and use the calorie amount it tells me. I don't have a heart rate monitor that tells me more accurately.

How was day 2? Good job!
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    Alright ladies. After a week off, lots of Advil, and a camping trip under my belt, I feel ready to hop back in. My legs feel better...I have no idea what happened. Shin splints...maybe? Coulda been a virus, too. My joints ached all over.

I'm going to do level 1 for another day and then hop right into level 2.
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    I honestly don't know where I'm at with the 30 day shred. I took a day off and did walking, so I think today is L2 D3 or 4. Either way I'm was so sad when I lost no weigh this week. I should have taken waist, legs, hip and arm measurements from the beginning to see if I lost inches. I feel like I'm looking better, but the # is not reflecting that yet.

How's everyone else doing?

I didn't lose any weight while doing it, either, but as soon as I stopped, I lost 2 more lbs.. weird eh?
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    Started yesterday, my god !!!!
    just completed day 2
    Question, can anyone tell me how many calories level 1 burns?

I just bought a new heart rate monitor so I'll let you know how my calories burned stacks up against MFP estimations, but really, it's different for everyone. It depends on your weight, the intensity of your workout...etc.
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    I've always gone with the calorie estimation for 20 mins of circuit training. I think it comes out to 240 calories. Someday I will have a HRM and be accurate, but until then....
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    I've always gone with the calorie estimation for 20 mins of circuit training. I think it comes out to 240 calories. Someday I will have a HRM and be accurate, but until then....

Hey, as long as you see results, do what works!
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    So quiet here. 12 days left for me, I had an unplanned rest day (damn you knees!) last week so I'm off a day. How's everyone doing? Anyone up to following up the Shred with Ripped in 30?
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    Anyone else having knee/leg trouble? I think i must be getting old. I had no idea at 29 I'd be having the aches and pains that I do.

The intense leg aches I was having before are completely gone. i think I was suffering from a virus, my kids were sick and the joint aches were the most intense of my life. It just so happened I was working out around the same time, and i attributed it to that.

I've started back up with the workouts with no trouble other than soreness, stiffness adn the occasional knee-pain. Its the worst when I first get up in the morning, but after I get moving it feels better.

Does this get easier the more fit you get? The more weight you lose? I am trying to lose 93 lbs total and have lost 14 so far and it does seem like I feel lighter, but the ol' knees are taking a beating.
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    doing the knee circles in addition to the other stretches on level 2 has helped with the soreness for me. Also I don't do the jump rope, I do a the highknees. It's the jumping that kills me...