SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    SW - 215 (April 2019)
    CW - 206.8
    Labor Day GW - 195
    GW - 150

• July 30 - 205.6
    • July 31 - 205.4 - Carb withdrawls head is killing me
    • Aug 1 - 205.4 - See above
    • Aug 2 - 205.6 - Headaches are gone! I've been good and haven't had anything I wasnt supposed too. I even drank my coffee with only half and half in it, no equal! Swapped out my 2nd 32oz of water for 32oz of powerade zero. I was drinking 96oz of water daily and I think that combined with not enough calories, not enough sodium and lack of sugar were what was giving me such a bad headache. So I'm still drinking 64oz of water plus 32oz of powerade. I'm gonna make an effort to get better about sodium and potassium though. I'm hoping for a drop in weight soon though.
    • Aug 3 - 204.8 - We had take out for dinner last night. I had a lettuce wrapped burger. That plus all the other stuff I ate during the day got me almost to my daily calorie goal. Then I walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Still came in just under 20net carbs. I've lost a total of 10.2lbs since I started in late may, early June, with 7lb being within the last 2 months. It's nice to be in the double digits lost category. Can't wait till I get to 15lbs lost!
    • Aug 4 - 202.8 - Woke up down another 2lbs. I didn't eat much yesterday but what I did eat, I logged. Was happy with the loss, but I'll see if it sticks in the morning. I have my whole week planned out and I'm hoping it will help keep continue to lose. I'll be over 20 net carbs a day some days, and will be closer to my 1520 daily calorie goal. My issue is getting potassium. I may need to start taking a multivitamin.
    •Aug 5 - 202.0 - Yay! This may be a temporary new low, as I didn't eat much over the weekend, and what I did, did fall in the low carb category so that helped me a lot.
    •Aug 6 - 202.6 - Went up a bit l, which was expected because I did eat more today than I have the past 2 days. Today will be a lower calorie day, but I'm still eating a bunch. I'm getting so close to onderland, I cant wait!

Good update! Looks like you're weighing in every day, is that something you always do?

Onederland is right around the corner!!!
  • SuzOh
    amkita wrote: »
    so close to 240! I don't remember when I was last under 240, even though my licence says 230 (ha!).

SW: 263
    Challenge start: 7/25
    CSW: 243.6
    CW: 240.1
    Labor day goal: 233 (~10.5 lbs)

Challenge weight change: -3.5

So excited for you!!!
  • SuzOh
    AquaFan wrote: »
    Hope the neck soreness goes away quickly. They are the worst.

I'm feeling good about the challenge so far. I've been hitting my goals as far as walking/running and I'm sticking to 1500 or less calories a day. I hate that I initially put on two pounds that I've had to fight to get off but at least now I'm under the weight I was at the beginning of the challenge. I swear it is two steps forward and one step back for me. As long as the scale keeps moving down I can't complain (even though I want to :) )

It was a tough day, I ended up icing then using a heating pad. It's a little better this morning. I did get 8 hours of sleep last night which is a lot for me! More low-impact cardio today, then hopefully tomorrow I'll feel good enough to get a dumbbell workout done.

I admire you for sticking to 1500 or less calories a day. I'm still struggling some days to stay under 1700. I totally feel the two steps forward one step back roller coaster. We just gotta keep pushing, and like in your case it will pay off on the scale!
  • SuzOh
    I'm doing fine on 1100 calories a day. I'm very sedentary nursing a sore hip. But I am down to 164 so hitting 159 by Labor Day is possible! I just have to survive a BBQ lunch Friday and dinner at a music festival Saturday. The weekends are my huge challenge.

Wow! 1100 calories would have me trying to eat the carpet! I see 159 in your very near future! Great job!
  • SuzOh
    I’m having a tough time as the is lots of pressure to have frequent meals and drinks with my extended family. Trying hard to reconcile vacation mode with diet discipline.

That was July for me, full of visits from family and way too much food and drinks. Luckily I didn't gain, but only lost 1 lb the whole month! Sometimes life just happens, huh?
  • SuzOh
    I'm doing pretty good. I did "mess up" my ketoing and had a bagel today. Do I regret it? Nope. Did I enjoy it like I thought I would? Not really. I'm still under 75g net carbs for the day, so that's good. Down at 202.0 again. I saw 201 for a fraction of a second this morning and that made me happy.

Bagels are yummy, but when they aren't as yummy as they should be that is a disappointment! Great job on the scale!
  • CheerMom715
    CheerMom715 Posts: 37 Member
    Scale is a bit stuck, but I am still working at it.

I need to increase my activity. I gotta get it done everyday!!!!! Once I go back to work in early September it will be even tougher to do.

8/1 weight in - 147.2
    8/8 weigh in - 147.2. (no movement)

Goal for Labor Day - 140.

Probably not going to happen but I'll take a 5 lb loss by then.

Kim
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    I'm actually excited for tomorrow's weigh-in. I think I'll see a loss. I've already told hubby we have to have a very healthy dinner tonight because I have to log my weight tomorrow. :)
  • SuzOh
    Scale is a bit stuck, but I am still working at it.

I need to increase my activity. I gotta get it done everyday!!!!! Once I go back to work in early September it will be even tougher to do.

8/1 weight in - 147.2
    8/8 weigh in - 147.2. (no movement)

Goal for Labor Day - 140.

Probably not going to happen but I'll take a 5 lb loss by then.

Kim

Scales are fickle, so always take what they say with a grain of salt. I weigh-in tomorrow and I kinda hate the idea. 😑
  • SuzOh
    I'm actually excited for tomorrow's weigh-in. I think I'll see a loss. I've already told hubby we have to have a very healthy dinner tonight because I have to log my weight tomorrow. :)

Awesome attitude! I'm not feeling the same about my weigh-in tomorrow. We'll see.
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Check in day: weight 195.4, however, no inches lost. Putting my pictures side by side I seem to look thinner but that could also come from me having better posture. I’m not sure.
  • SuzOh
    7/26 - 187.2
    8/2 - 187
    8/9 - 188.6
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

Challenge gain: 1.6 lbs

The science of calories in vs calories out does not support that number, but the scale doesn't care. In other news, I injured my shoulder working out on Tuesday.

Happy Friday
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Hang in there SuzOh. I'm sorry about your shoulder. Injuries stink but especially when you are trying so hard to make things happen.

Here's my weekly weigh-in:

SW: - 168.5
    7/26 - 168.7
    8/2 - 169
    8/9 - 167.8
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

After going up last week, the scale is finally coming down. I have worked darn hard at it this week and made my goal of working out 4x a week and sticking to my calorie goal. Hopefully I can continue this trend into next week.
  • SuzOh
    Hang in there SuzOh. I'm sorry about your shoulder. Injuries stink but especially when you are trying so hard to make things happen.

Here's my weekly weigh-in:

SW: - 168.5
    7/26 - 168.7
    8/2 - 169
    8/9 - 167.8
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

After going up last week, the scale is finally coming down. I have worked darn hard at it this week and made my goal of working out 4x a week and sticking to my calorie goal. Hopefully I can continue this trend into next week.

Great job!
  • StayFocused01023
    StayFocused01023 Posts: 60 Member
    Weekly Goal Check-In:
    1. Plan backups for bedtime/midday snack cravings and weekends and fit snacks into calorie targets -
    NOT ACCOMPLISHED :( I went to a ladies cabin weekend and lost track of all my calories for 2 full days... I will say I kind of needed the break from counting everything and it was mostly good food but I definitely ate over targets. There were two instances where I avoided gas station snack attack though! Grabbed a banana instead! All my other nights of the week I either had snacks that fit within my target (even ice cream!) or avoided them succesfully

2. Go to at least two exercise classes per week OR two long walks outside OR combo of the two -
    ACCOMPLISHED! Did a Tibata Barre class at a new place I'm trying and Yoga Sculpt last night, very fun! and a couple walks and some kayaking over my weekend.

3. 2 minute ab/core routine every other day -
    ACCOMPLISHED! and bumped it up to 5.5 minutes

4. Weigh in and post on Thursday -
    ACCOMPLISHED - Here! (friday :) )

5. Go the entire month of August without stopping for high calorie expensive coffee drinks -
    Well... I had one on a little road trip this weekend, but I allowed the indulgence. My problem is when I want to grab one every day on my break between jobs... so I consider PARTIALLY ACCOMPLISHED!

I'm 36 and 5'4"
    SW 7/25: 151.9
    CW 8/1: 148.8
    8/8: 148.9
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/29:
    9/5:

I weighed in at 149.4 yesterday so I confess I didn't post because I wanted to see a different number today, and I got one! Not a decrease from last week but still holding under 150 which is my Labor Day Goal

Mini GW (Labor Day): 149 (Finally get and stay under 150 for more than 3 weeks in a row, I've been on the yo-yo)
    GW by End of Year: 139 (top of healthy BMI range)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 127 (Mid Range Healthy BMI) and keep it there!

Hang in there everyone and focus on the reachable goals that make you feel good! The obstacles are real so keep your eye on them!!
  • swonn
    Today I rode the longest I have ever gone. 72 miles and I shaved 24 minutes off my 100k time. 🚴🏽‍♀️😁
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Today I made the lunch BBQ fit in my calorie plan! I had a pork sandwich with ice tea, and cut out my usual yogurt and morning cocoa. So I still have enough for my protein oatmeal for dinner. Yay!
  • SuzOh
    I'm looking forward to seeing some updates from everyone.

I'm struggling, but hope to stay as active as I can while wearing an arm sling as I work on healing. I'm determined to not let this neck/shoulder issue derail my efforts to reach goals. Had a couple off days with food last week, but back in control

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Keep up the great work!
  • I have been really bad these last few days. It all started on thursday when I had in-n-out. Granted, I got my burger protein style to cut the carbs, but that's when my crash happened. Friday I had taco bell and saturday was pizza. So there went keto and the scale took a drastic jump. I was 202 on thursday and 205 this morning. I know most of its water and will shed fast.

I'm disappointed in myself. This week im gonna stick to low carb, bot Keto and see of that helps me some. I've got most everything for this week logged except some dinner stuff, and I'm gonna stick to it. I did manage to use the treadmill 3 or 4 days last week and I plan to use it at least 5 days this week. I want to get as close to the 199 mark as I can by labor day (end of august would be really nice) so I've 3+ weeks to regroup myself and get it done!
  • swonn
    Rode 30 miles today. They were working on the path so the ranger had to give me a ride around the work area. No way was I riding on US 42; too much traffic!