What's on your mind?

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I just figured out what Instagram is for, I was able to share with friends what my ceiling looks like so they can stare at it with me

Have you ever watched a spider on the ceiling and wondered if or when it may do one of those quick thread drops and land on your face?

Yeah, but nothing so exciting tonight
    Ok but have you ever listened to the scrabbling in the wall by your head and prayed it was just squirrels?

100% get you...last place I lived the walls were alive when it was quiet
    ...you know its not squirrels tho...definitely rabies infested bats or mice with whatever that disease they carry is...or ghosts, obviously.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    I just figured out what Instagram is for, I was able to share with friends what my ceiling looks like so they can stare at it with me

Have you ever watched a spider on the ceiling and wondered if or when it may do one of those quick thread drops and land on your face?

Yeah, but nothing so exciting tonight
    Ok but have you ever listened to the scrabbling in the wall by your head and prayed it was just squirrels?

100% get you...last place I lived the walls were alive when it was quiet
    ...you know its not squirrels tho...definitely rabies infested bats or mice with whatever that disease they carry is...or ghosts, obviously.

god, i hope it’s ghosts
  • phoenixrising5721
    phoenixrising5721 Posts: 2,252 Member
    Pizza
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    If i ever get several rapid fire FRs in a row I start to get suspicious that someone shared my recipes. Or tagged me in the dumpster fire that is f&g

Thanks for the tip @caco_ethes. Expect many more FRs in the near future.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Humidity
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    People end up getting very depressed when their expectations aren't met. it's better if we don't expect anything

🙂right again..
  • nighthawk584
    I was with an 87 year old dementia client early this morning and I was informed she hadn't taken a shower since April. I was told to "not even bother trying because she'll become aggressive." It's amazing how far patience, a gentle nature and a caring attitude can take a person. I managed to get her showered and she even let me do her hair, my day is made!

Thank you for your kindness and patience. My Mom suffered with Alzheimer's for 15 years before succumbing to it last Summer. She had some of the most caring caregivers ever. We were thankful for that.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    I was with an 87 year old dementia client early this morning and I was informed she hadn't taken a shower since April. I was told to "not even bother trying because she'll become aggressive." It's amazing how far patience, a gentle nature and a caring attitude can take a person. I managed to get her showered and she even let me do her hair, my day is made!

Kind of just made mine too. Love that there are people like yourself!!!
  • nighthawk584
    Humidity

Jersey? 😂

Nebraska! 😅
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Humidity

Jersey? 😂
    Humidity

Jersey? 😂

Nebraska! 😅

..... both are east of Sepulveda, right?

( a little Los Angeles humor to start your day...... very little.)

• Miss_Chievous_
    Miss_Chievous_ Posts: 279 Member

My grand-father had dementia and it's people like you who made his last days better. ❤