What's on your mind?

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I just NOW realized there's a website where I can build my own Converse 😍 I think this will ruin me

WHAT

My galaxy converse are knockoffs just so I could get the print I wanted.

af830qvblxty.jpg
    Just looked quickly for galaxy ones, you can get other colors or high tops too.

I'll be on there for the next hour or so 😂

link please!!
    I been Amazoning random pattern chucks
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    These last few months are what's on my mind. Actually this last year... what a horrible year. It's like everything is flashing through my eyes again. This is not something that's been easy for me to talk about to anyone besides my close friends and family. After having to deal with serious health issues and going through a few surgeries since last Feburary.

My last surgery was successful but after my follow up appointment last week, when I thought everything was ok.. I've been told that I need to go through treatments starting next week to kill remaining cancer cells that I thought was all gone. I've kept my head up since I've had the news, I have to, I have 2 kids that need me. Even though it's scary, I feel like these last few months have made me stronger and I truely believe that I will come out stronger than ever, I have to. I'm sharing this because going through all of this has made me see what's most important in life. We often overlook the most important things and dwell on stupid stuff. That's part of life ,we will always do that.. but I truly believe our life depends on how we react to things. Yes... I've cried, I've locked myself in my bedroom a few times so my kids wouldnt see me break down, but you know what? I still wake up with a smile on my face and tell myself that I'll come out of this stronger. If anyone is having a bad day, just take a few seconds and think of all your blessings, all the people you have in your life just THAT ..should be enough to make you smile because at the end of the day, those are the most important things. I'm not religious but I need all the positive vibes I can get. You all aren't going to get rid of me this easy. I may not interact with many people here but each and every one of you at some point has found a way to make me smile and laugh... sometimes when I needed it the most.

The strength you show in these words is phenomenal. Sending you all of the good vibes!
  • Vikka_V
    I just NOW realized there's a website where I can build my own Converse 😍 I think this will ruin me

Don't look now.... but you can also do that with Vans.

I know, believe me.... I know. $$

Are Vans as comfy?
    they seem a bit plainer looking, which Im not opposed to, kinda like actually but I love the flat cushioned foot bed of converse, my go to.

Random...I've started sprinting in converse shoes lately, Ive always been an Asics girl for running shoes in the past, full support and all
  • Miss_Chievous_
    Miss_Chievous_ Posts: 279 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »

WHAT

af830qvblxty.jpg

link please!!

Are we allowed to post links? Because I'm already in jail for posting a roll of duct tape in the weakness thread? 😐😂 just google "build your own converse" and it should take you to the converse site. If it doesnt work, let me know and I'll message you the link 😘
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    I'm debating on shaving my head before I start my treatments next week or do something really funky with my hair before I lose it, like something I never had the guts to do. Also... I'm scared to look like a conehead but there's a lady around here that makes beautiful wigs so at least there's that.

I think you could pull off anything- so just do it -
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    I'm debating on shaving my head before I start my treatments next week or do something really funky with my hair before I lose it, like something I never had the guts to do. Also... I'm scared to look like a conehead but there's a lady around here that makes beautiful wigs so at least there's that.

the half shaved head thing that Miley did a few years ago please
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Finding this blog I forgot about with posts from...2013? Interesting to think about who I was then vs now
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Finding this blog I forgot about with posts from...2013? Interesting to think about who I was then vs now
    When that happens to me I wonder will I one day cringe at what Im writing today.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    When that happens to me I wonder will I one day cringe at what Im writing today.

For me, it's just kinda like...I dunno. I used to write to try to get what was IN my head OUT of my head. It was a lotta pseudo-deep stuff, whatever I was working through at the moment. Now I just ignore that part of me because it exhausts me.

And I assume that whatever I write today, I'll cringe at in five years. I found some fiction up there that was...rough, heheh.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V wrote: »

WHAT

af830qvblxty.jpg

link please!!

Are we allowed to post links? Because I'm already in jail for posting a roll of duct tape in the weakness thread? 😐😂 just google "build your own converse" and it should take you to the converse site. If it doesnt work, let me know and I'll message you the link 😘

Are you f-ing kidding me in life!! (truth, I didn't even get the duct tape joke or that whole little bit of convo! I'm dumb like that!!)
    Ok thanks!! Will Google
    :heart:'s wifey
  • iMago
    just discovered you can buy a flamethrower from Amazon and now im like

cidq2o6k1gfi.jpg
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited August 2019
    iMago wrote: »

cidq2o6k1gfi.jpg

I feel like flamethrowers should be preceded by a lifestyle and mental health checklist. If all is in the green, throw flame responsibly.
  • iMago

cidq2o6k1gfi.jpg

I feel like flamethrowers should be preceded by a lifestyle and mental health checklist. If all is in the green, throw flame responsibly.

i'll level with you. idk the first thing about proper flamethrower handling. but i feel i could make a tidy profit on clearing out feral hogs and dead brush in the process.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    My supervisor and I just set a deadline for me to officially submit my doctoral thesis in December. Literally all I can think of is how much I'd rather fake my death and start a new life elsewhere but OK... Let's get typing :cold_sweat:
  • your_future_ex_wife

cidq2o6k1gfi.jpg

i'll level with you. idk the first thing about proper flamethrower handling. but i feel i could make a tidy profit on clearing out feral hogs and dead brush in the process.

The good thing about not having any experience is you won’t have to unlearn a lot of bad habits.