hm_day Support Group

Options

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I shouldn't even post my daily report today, but I'm going to. Had a family dinner today, splurged a little bit.

No fruits or veggies today -hangs head in shame-
    BUT.. I walked around the house all afternoon and chased around two 4-year-olds.

But yeah, I went over on my carbs today.. had lots of bread and pasta. Lots of Italians in my family :P
  • beazelsmom
    Options
    mmm, bread and pasta lol

daily report:
    fruit: tomato sauce on pizza hehe
    Veggie:broccoli and dill dip
    exercise: total body lift dvd, phew still havent made it all the way thru-- 69 mins of hell
  • hm_day
    Options
    mmm, bread and pasta lol

daily report:
    fruit: tomato sauce on pizza hehe
    Veggie:broccoli and dill dip
    exercise: total body lift dvd, phew still havent made it all the way thru-- 69 mins of hell

Ugh! I could NOT do 69 minutes. I deal with Jillian Michaels in short doses, haha. Her 20 minute videos are perfect for me. Enough to get my blood pumping and to burn some calories, but short enough that I don't pass out :P
  • kassette
    kassette Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm totally intrigued with 30DS, I hadn't even heard of it before coming on here! Is it any good?
  • hm_day
    Options
    I'm totally intrigued with 30DS, I hadn't even heard of it before coming on here! Is it any good?

I hadn't heard of it either! Except, well, I didn't really do any workout videos pre-MFP. My MOTHER used to do Jillian Michaels videos (puts it into perspective exactly how old JM is, huh?) as well as Denise Austin, both of which STILL do workout videos. They're some of the best.

I did Level 1 of 30DS the other day and I loved it. Just pause it when you need water because she will NOT break for you like some do, because it's only 20 minutes for the most part. But she does a warm up and cool down, and she alternates between cardio and strength. It's fantastic :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Ok, so tomorrow I'm posting the challenge for the next two weeks. So for those of you that haven't read the blog, I'm incorporating an overall "wellness" challenge which I think you guys will like. It's more of a "pamper yourself" kind of challenge. We work hard and eat right and exercise, but we never put aside time to just RELAX! So this wellness challenge is a way to get us to have "us time." :)
  • meowthania
    Options
    Hi hi!
    Sorry for being A.W.O.L again.
    I like your challenge ideas (especially the bath one!)

Epsom salt baths are especially good after a workout because they help reduce sore-ness! (also good for soaking blisters)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Okay, well I've gotten a few "yes's" on the bath idea, so that will be our wellness challenge :) And it's not like you guys have to STOP doing it once the challenge is up!

I wish I had Epsom salts, but it may have to just be a regular bath salt that I use.
  • meowthania
    Options
    Okay, well I've gotten a few "yes's" on the bath idea, so that will be our wellness challenge :) And it's not like you guys have to STOP doing it once the challenge is up!

I wish I had Epsom salts, but it may have to just be a regular bath salt that I use.

I buy big bags of it at the grocery store for less than $10...lasts me a few months. You can also put in other stuff like fresh ginger root for a detox bath :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    I just realized that I don't even have a plug for my bath!

By the way, do we want to do a like, "at least once a week" thing for the wellness challenge, do we want to do a daily thing, or do we want to do two? One daily and one weekly?
  • meowthania
    Options
    Well, I guess you better go get a plug!
    one weekly wellness to get things rolling is probably good.
  • hm_day
    Options
    LOL Right? This is why it kind of sucks being at my dad's. I don't know what he has and what he doesn't :P

And okay, sounds good!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Daily report! I'm excited about it today :)

Fruit: 25 grapes!
    Veggie: Corn!
    Exercise: 50 minutes of pilates this morning, and then 45-50 minutes of strength training this evening.

New challenge will be posted in the morning :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    CHALLENGES!

The challenges for the week (two weeks, whatever) 8/30/11-9/13/11

Nutrition: Drink at least 64oz of water per day.
    Exercise: Boost it up a bit and do 30 minutes of exercise 3x per week :)
    And the new one, wellness: Take a BATH once a week to relax the muscles.

There ya go! And since everyone seemed pretty good about doing daily reports, let's continue that! :)
  • kassette
    kassette Posts: 21
    Options
    right! I've just had a lovely long hot bath :) and I've drunk one pint of water.... about a quarter of what I was supposed to but its a start eh? no exercise yet, but I've got a week to make up for that!!
  • hm_day
    Options
    right! I've just had a lovely long hot bath :) and I've drunk one pint of water.... about a quarter of what I was supposed to but its a start eh? no exercise yet, but I've got a week to make up for that!!

As long as you get your 3 days in! :)
    I have to find my bath plug before I can, well, take a bath. Otherwise I'm gonna be sitting in an empty tub, haha.
    And I usually have no problem with drinking water as long as I'm working. I fill up my 25oz water bottle at LEAST once when I'm at work and I drink more when I work out. We only allow water in my work so it helps :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Daily report!

Nutrition: I've had about.. 70oz of water today?
    Exercise: Ran for 15min, 20min of strength, and "intimate activities" lol.
    No bath today, but perhaps this weekend. I'll need it by then :P
  • hm_day
    Options
    Daily report!

Nutrition: I'm looking at about 60oz right now.
    Exercise: Pilates this morning, strength training for an hour.

:)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hey all my name is Ellie and I really need this group.
    I tend to eat emotionally a lot, I started going to the gym instead of eating but it has been slipping back.

Todays fruit was an apple
    And vegges were broccoli, cauliflower, peas, corn, carrot
    I had 7 glasses of water (sssh! close enough)
    I walked to work and back, so 45 minutes and it burnt 289 calories, and oh probs burnt some extra cals swinging a stick around to tell magpies to leave me alone cos i mean business.

And it is nearly 11pm, so I am going to bed soon :)<3 x
  • kassette
    Options
    Hey Ellie :) emotional eating is a hard one to crack, but replacing it with the gym sounds like a good idea! I struggle with the same thing so If you want you can add me as a friend and we keep an eye out for one another?

Too early in the day to do my report... but so far doing pretty bad... pear cider being the only fluid consumed, no exercise done and I've already had my bath for the week lol! Not too late to turn it around :D but I'm fighting the urge to go back to bed!

Anyone got a motivating speeches/tips??