The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• jkendo
    jkendo Posts: 8 Member
    HI All! Wow, you all been here for a long time and you're middle agers? LOL. I'm 59... can't believe it! I will continue to be healthy and fit!!! Love more friends to share experiences and be accountable. I am doing weights, HIIT bike, golf, hikes. How about you?
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    I figure if you multiply your age times two and you know people that age, you're middle age. I don't know anyone 114, so I'm not middle age, I'm old. But no one believes I'm 57.

:D
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps...HHD!
  • Dazzabean
    Dazzabean Posts: 53 Member
    Morning Everyone👍
  • anthonyn2
    anthonyn2 Posts: 38 Member
    36 from West Yorkshire here. :)
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    InCogNeeto wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! I'm 39 and here doing what we do! I wont let my age hold me back! At 39 I am out lifting and out running men who are 29 or younger.. Its a state of mind! You have to love yourself more than you fear getting older!

Amen! My goal is to be the fittest person in the nursing home. *smile* Never too old.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning everyone.
    I hope you all find happiness and joy today.
    No point in being angry and upset with someone.
    I've been guilty of those things.
    But since I've almost gotten killed.
    I've come to realize how precious life is and I appreciate what I have in my life. Family and friends.
    I literally stop and smell the roses.
    I look at the beauty of the world and take it all in.
    Not sure what made me want to share this? Ha ha whatever.

I hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Thank you for sharing, that's a great attitude 🙂
  • fit_chickx
    mitzib1973 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! Been back on MFP for a week now. I turned 46 back in July, but I’ve felt much, much older for a long time. I have too many health problems for a person my age, and when my husband and I were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes we decided to get off our butts and turn this around. We started changing our diets at the beginning of the year and in July we added in weight training at our local gym. On my last bloodwork, I had taken my A1c out of the diabetic range, and my doc said if I can keep it there for a year she’ll remove my diagnosis. My husband has lowered his to almost normal. I still have a long way to go to meet my goal (almost 100 pounds), so I’d love to meet some like-minded people to give and receive encouragement and motivation.

Phenomenal!

It’s great that you and your hubby are doing this together. Congratulations on being out of the diabetic range. Does not matter how long it takes. The goal is healthy, and you are achieving it.
  • fit_chickx
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Taco Tuesday!!!

In so excited. The fresh produce is coming into stores here so I got this today and I get to make all sorts of goodies with themooxdqchdmm5s.jpg

Love that you have cooking skills.

My neighbors are organic gardeners. They just brought me tomatoes and zucchini. Not sure what to do with all of it. Thinking of deicing tomatoes and freezing them in baggies. *laughing*
  • fit_chickx
    Wednesday! Started my first cup of pre workout coffee. A little amped.

gxvfbmkxn193.jpg
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    Happy Taco Tuesday!!!

In so excited. The fresh produce is coming into stores here so I got this today and I get to make all sorts of goodies with themooxdqchdmm5s.jpg

My neighbors are organic gardeners. They just brought me tomatoes and zucchini. Not sure what to do with all of it. Thinking of deicing tomatoes and freezing them in baggies. *laughing*

You can take them and cut them up as you please (I cut the Z's in about 1/4 inch slices and I cut the T's in quarters depending on the size) then you heat up some EVOO, throw some cut onions and cook them on med. until they are tend. Then throw in a little fresh garlic (to taste, I like heavy) cook for a minute or two and throw in the Z's. Cook until they are tender and then throw in the T's and some herbs of your liking and salt and pepper to taste.
    I usually put in Oregano or Basil, a little thyme and crushed red pepper.
  • fit_chickx
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Happy Taco Tuesday!!!

You can take them and cut them up as you please (I cut the Z's in about 1/4 inch slices and I cut the T's in quarters depending on the size) then you heat up some EVOO, throw some cut onions and cook them on med. until they are tend. Then throw in a little fresh garlic (to taste, I like heavy) cook for a minute or two and throw in the Z's. Cook until they are tender and then throw in the T's and some herbs of your liking and salt and pepper to taste.

Sounds Delicious,
    What do you do when you have extra tomatoes and zucchini and can’t cook all of them before they go bad? I don’t want them to go to waste.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Happy Taco Tuesday!!!

Sounds Delicious,
    What do you do when you have extra tomatoes and zucchini and can’t cook all of them before they go bad? I don’t want them to go to waste.

Well if you feel experimental you can try canning. You can google the process, there are lots of good ways to can tomatoes, however I have not tried to can Zucchini. I believe you can dry freeze the Z's fairly easily. I would think that you could actually can the above recipe as well.

Zucchini also grills really well. You can also deep fry it although not the healthiest it does taste amazing.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Happy Hump Day beautiful people!
  • anthonyn2
    anthonyn2 Posts: 38 Member
    Anyone from the UK in here??
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    edited August 2019
    Happy hump day!

I think age is just a number and my goal is to simply be in better shape as I get older....... If my brain thinks I'm still 25, then I best attempt to make my body look like it. I've been on here a couple of months and trying to use the forums a bit and add like minded friends. I live in a rural area without access to a gym - so I do lots of body weight stuff, yoga, ride my horses, garden - anything outdoors. I'm going to buy my first bike this wknd - that might be interesting.
  • halflingpie
    halflingpie Posts: 1,582 Member
    I'm new I could use some friends.
    36 from WV, USA
  • EllyhBelly
    EllyhBelly Posts: 10 Member
    I am new. 48 years old. Very very very unfit and also a little overweight. Looking to lose 1 stone! And maybe try to improve fitness levels a little if possible.