sufferlandrian Posts: 8,167 Member
    Yes. I’m home. 😁
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Yes. I’m home. 😁

Awesome!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I'm trying to wrap up the rough draft of a paper....but that's not exactly exciting, lol. It'll be exciting when I'm done, because then I can go to bed!
  • sufferlandrian
    What? You're not doing that on the morning it is due? What kind of college kid are you? :-)
  • sufferlandrian
    Back at it. Starting into another weekend. Not sure I'm ready.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Kinda difficult getting back to the craziness after lounging about on the comfy couch ;)
  • sufferlandrian
    I spent a lot of time riding. It's my escape and stress relief. On a bike I'm free. I can move much more free than jogging. Jogging hurts my back after a while. I can see beautiful things and occupy my mind with non work stuff. I can think through problems if I want or ignore them and just enjoy the ride. It's a big stress relief. I do have to admit, my bikes keep getting more expensive. However, it's a small price to pay for being able to take a break from worrying about everyone else's problems.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    We had this big employee thing going on at work. Lots of food and everything, I didn't eat any of it. I won a certificate and a candy bar for my involvement with extra activities. I gave the candy bar away. Then I won the big gift basket that was filled with junk snacks, movie passes, and a dinner gift card.
    I know eating junk is ok in moderation, but this is going to take me months to go through even in moderation.
  • sufferlandrian
    I grew up getting food as a reward. It's a hard habit to break. I do good, I get a candy bar. I'm proud of you for passing on all the food at the shindig. :-) I would have caved.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    What? You're not doing that on the morning it is due? What kind of college kid are you? :-)

Oh believe me, I was pushing that deadline. Prof gave me a 2-week extension, and I still only got it in 30 mins before the deadline, lol!
  • bethanie0825
    I grew up getting food as a reward. It's a hard habit to break. I do good, I get a candy bar. I'm proud of you for passing on all the food at the shindig. :-) I would have caved.

I would've too lol. I love food as a reward!!!

Oh believe me, I was pushing that deadline. Prof gave me a 2-week extension, and I still only got it in 30 mins before the deadline, lol!

Hee hee hee!!! I work well under stress so I'd do the same thing
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm really starting to feel burnout. I finally get help, but I'm still on call all the time so I never really leave work.
  • bethanie0825
    I'm really starting to feel burnout. I finally get help, but I'm still on call all the time so I never really leave work.

I know that feeling. That was one of the main reasons I left my first agency. We'd pulled on call, people called out all the time, and then as a supervisor, I was on call all the time to cover the on call person if they had to work or they couldn't pull their on call.

Is the new vet still trying to find his bearing or is the office just busy?
  • sufferlandrian
    The new vet is still gaining confidence. What you learn in the ivory tower of academia and what you need to know when you hit the street don't match. It would be nice if we could follow every recommendation of the ivory towers. However, that would make vaccines about 300 dollars a pop. So, now he has to learn what you learn on the street. Not every vaccine needs blood work and radiographs. Not every vomiting dog needs an MRI. Not every animal has a chance to live. Not every budget will support what could have saved that pet.
  • NoHookUpZone
    Just got home, laying in bed feeling icky.
    Stomach isn't happy.
  • sufferlandrian
    Something you ate or a bug you picked up?
  • NoHookUpZone
    Something you ate or a bug you picked up?

I hope not, I can't miss work.
    Going to take some Alka Seltzer
  • sufferlandrian
    I like to watch the Alka Seltzer fizz, but I can't drink it until the fizz is gone. :-) I'm more of a Pepto Bismol kind of guy.
  • NoHookUpZone
    I like to watch the Alka Seltzer fizz, but I can't drink it until the fizz is gone. :-) I'm more of a Pepto Bismol kind of guy.

I have no Pepto! I'm not going to the store at 2 am :/

I'm probably just going to suffer because I can't stand Alka Seltzer either
  • sufferlandrian
    It's bad when you have to ask yourself if the cure is worse than that problem. :-)