Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• kedrum73
    kedrum73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    druidkat7 wrote: »
    kedrum73 wrote: »
    My first time here on the night-shift thread. I'm a freelance writer, so I get to choose when the hell I work, play, etc. And I have always loved the night! #PhantomoftheOperaFreak

phantom of the opera was amazing!

Where did you see it, and do you remember who was behind the mask? Seriously, I've always resonated/identified with Erik, the Phantom...IMO, he has the best lines, the best music to sing...I was introduced to the music back when I was a freshman in high school. I'm 38 now...so you can tell I've been in the "Phandom" for a while. ;-) If you get a chance, check out the 25th Anniversary DVD of Phantom. Ramin Karimloo has to be The. Sexiest. Erik. EVER!!!!! <3:p;) Honestly, I'd be like, "Hey, Christine, you don't want Erik, I'LL take him! ;-)"

I don't know who was behind the mask never really got THAT in depth with the details lol but I also first saw it when I was in high school when we took a trip to New York and since then I've only seen it on DVD.
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian is a Veterinarian
    @bethanie0825 is a 911 dispatcher?
    @jennifer_417 is an auditor for a hotel?

And I, @lilaclovebird, am a Public Safety Officer for MD Anderson Cancer Center under the University of Texas Police Department-Houston.

ETA: For short: I'm a PSO. :mrgreen:

Thanks for filling me in! I'm in Houston too!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    maryward88 wrote: »

And I, @lilaclovebird, am a Public Safety Officer for MD Anderson Cancer Center under the University of Texas Police Department-Houston.

Oh I'm not in Houston. I'm at a detachment.
  • druidkat7
    druidkat7 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    My first time here on the night-shift thread. I'm a freelance writer, so I get to choose when the hell I work, play, etc. And I have always loved the night! #PhantomoftheOperaFreak

Where did you see it, and do you remember who was behind the mask? Seriously, I've always resonated/identified with Erik, the Phantom...IMO, he has the best lines, the best music to sing...I was introduced to the music back when I was a freshman in high school. I'm 38 now...so you can tell I've been in the "Phandom" for a while. ;-) If you get a chance, check out the 25th Anniversary DVD of Phantom. Ramin Karimloo has to be The. Sexiest. Erik. EVER!!!!! <3:p;) Honestly, I'd be like, "Hey, Christine, you don't want Erik, I'LL take him! ;-)"

I don't know who was behind the mask never really got THAT in depth with the details lol but I also first saw it when I was in high school when we took a trip to New York and since then I've only seen it on DVD.

I saw it in Minneapolis when I was a junior in high school. IMO, the guy who was playing Raoul should have traded places with the guy behind the mask. I thought "Raoul's" voice was more "Phantom"-ish. But then again, I'm a musician, much like Erik--I can hear certain nuances of things, thus I'm more into details like that. ;-) And yes, I dressed as Erik for Halloween a few times. Still would, if I had my own cape. ;-) #Obsessed. :D
  • kedrum73
    kedrum73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I saw it in Minneapolis when I was a junior in high school. IMO, the guy who was playing Raoul should have traded places with the guy behind the mask. I thought "Raoul's" voice was more "Phantom"-ish. But then again, I'm a musician, much like Erik--I can hear certain nuances of things, thus I'm more into details like that. ;-) And yes, I dressed as Erik for Halloween a few times. Still would, if I had my own cape. ;-) #Obsessed. :D

That's awesome! All the music gave me chills when I saw it live it was the first Broadway show I saw and so far the last but everything was amazing! I probably won't get to see it again live bc I'm a country girl and would rather be in the woods than in the city watching theatre
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday!
  • merryward13
    Options
    It's my birthday!

Happy, happy to you!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Thanks, guys!

Well, 4 more shifts and I'm officially a daywalker!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys!

Well, 4 more shifts and I'm officially a daywalker!

Woohoo! I haven't heard what day I'm moving yet. But I'm releasing the girl I'm training after we work next Tuesday night so maybe one more full rotation on nights after this one finishes up Friday morning. Which would work great for me bc boychild will be headed back to school on the 29th. His mom isn't too keen about him being alone all day but he's old enough and once he goes back to school, it'll be less than a couple hours on my work days that he's alone.

Yep, 911 in central NC. Currently 6p-6a but moving to days on the same rotation at some point this month I think.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    This lady was standing by my counter and her luggage was making a loud vibrating noise and she was ignoring it. Awkward.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    6pm to 6am! lucky girl!!!! who is with me???
    abc.com facebook and other pages blocked
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    This lady was standing by my counter and her luggage was making a loud vibrating noise and she was ignoring it. Awkward.

Maybe she thought if she ignored it, you would to :lol::lol::joy::joy:
  • xxsarahapril
    xxsarahapril Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday!

Happy birthday babe!!
  • xxsarahapril
    xxsarahapril Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    maryward88 wrote: »

Damn I have the less cool job out of everyone here! I'm a manager at hungry jacks in Australia (Burger King for you Americans) I'm currently stuck in bed with a cold. I'm meant to work again tonight but I'm trying to get out of it
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    So the hubs has been having some neck pain for about a year and thought it was from a rear-end accident he'd been involved in years ago. Then he started having left arm tingles and weakness, then right leg issues.

Long story short, he has a tumor on his spine in the neck region. He had an MRI Thursday morning and they wanted him to do another one with dye injected and he couldn't; the MRI freaked him out bad. So Monday, I'll go with him, they gave him a script for one Xanax (lol) and he'll have the dye injected and another MRI.

Then he'll be referred to a neurologist and we'll go from there.

I'm at work tonight. The slacker had to work this evening to and went on in. I'm doing alright, besides having trouble concentrating. I'd so rather be home but it's my weekend off starting at 530 so I'll be good.

In other news, today was personnel problem's last day. I can go to days whenever I want to. I finish training one of the new girls Tuesday night so we'll see. I'll think on it this weekend.
  • merryward13
    Options
    Another night. Another $.50. I don't think I could so day shift though. Especially working at a hospital. 4frj92014hxp.jpeg
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    My last night off. Back to work tomorrow.
    @bethanie0825 - Really sorry about the tumor on Hubs spine. Keep us posted.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    So the hubs has been having some neck pain for about a year and thought it was from a rear-end accident he'd been involved in years ago. Then he started having left arm tingles and weakness, then right leg issues.

Long story short, he has a tumor on his spine in the neck region. He had an MRI Thursday morning and they wanted him to do another one with dye injected and he couldn't; the MRI freaked him out bad. So Monday, I'll go with him, they gave him a script for one Xanax (lol) and he'll have the dye injected and another MRI.

Then he'll be referred to a neurologist and we'll go from there.

I'm at work tonight. The slacker had to work this evening to and went on in. I'm doing alright, besides having trouble concentrating. I'd so rather be home but it's my weekend off starting at 530 so I'll be good.

In other news, today was personnel problem's last day. I can go to days whenever I want to. I finish training one of the new girls Tuesday night so we'll see. I'll think on it this weekend.

YAY! And sad.
    Sorry about your hubby. I hope it just requires a little bit of surgery and then everything goes code 4.
    You will be missed if you go to days, but if it's best for your family then I say go for it.
    I, personally, would LOVE to move to evening shift.

Unfortunately, I'm working overtime tonight because one of our nightshifters was rearended. Hoping he'll be back on Saturday BUT he just got back from recovering from back surgery a few months ago. :grimace:

So we may need to hire TWO new people which makes me feel a little yucky because just hiring one has taken forever. On one side, I hope he is okay and can return to work. On the other side, I hope he realizes that he's 63, with a host of health issues and he should probably file for disability and retire.

I have other PSO's telling me I need to take the IAHSS Basic test in a hurry so I can apply for a SPSO position(it's a raise and more work but whatever) so that another colleague can get demoted because she is failing at everything right now.
    She lost her husband in the beginning of May, of COURSE she is failing at everything. If she had the time to take off, I would say let her take the time off. But she's been weaseling her way to get a bunch of people to do things for her all the time and we're getting tired of it and I get it, people want her to just go away, but that isn't going to happen. It takes A LOT to get fired around here, using people and having a *kitten* personality isn't even on the list.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I am not going to make it another 3 hours. Struggling to stay awake. Bored AF.
  • merryward13
    Options
    Girl. I feel ya. I'm like doing the head bob half fall asleep thing...