Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    spamarie wrote: »
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    OK, I'm gonna go have my boring oatmeal and wish it was waffles.

Yep. I'm having my boring greek yogurt. :/

I'm in Belgium, eating ridiculous amounts of seriously amazing waffles. I'll think of you guys as I eat them! ;)

Are you on holiday or visiting family? Welcome to Europe! Despite speaking French and passable Dutch (which is basically Flemish) I've never been to Belgium.

Thanks! Mr. Susie and I were on vacation, we spent 16 days between Belgium and the Netherlands. I just got home yesterday! I'll try to post some pictures later. It was so beautiful there!

Mel, sorry to hear about your dad. Hugs!
  • Susieq_1994
    I'M GOING TO BE A GRAND MA!!!!!

I arrived home last night to find a package on my doorstep. Opened it to find a onesie and a passy!
    My daughter is due in February!!!!!

Congratulations, how exciting! :smiley:
  • Susieq_1994
    Cyber-hugs, Mel. It's gotta be tough. I'm not looking forward to my parents being at that stage.

Different topic: My coach told me this morning that he's planning on having me run a serious bulk after Nationals, up to 30ish pounds. That'll put me about 215 lbs! I'm not sure I can mentally handle it!

That WOULD be mentally hard. Maybe avoid the scale except at "official" weigh-ins? I'm not sure I could handle that either!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    It's hard Mel, but I would probably have the same stubborn mule mindset. My grandmother died from motor neurone disease which is a fairly horrendous, progressive and terminal illness (it's the condition Stephen Hawking had) but was very sound of mind and refused many life extending treatment. Tbf, she was in her late 80s and the wisest person I ever knew, but still I hope I can face my end with as much grace. I'm not saying she wasn't scared, but she was always brave.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member

I arrived home last night to find a package on my doorstep. Opened it to find a onesie and a passy!

Exciting!! Tell me, are you going to be the grandma who buys ALL the noisy toys? We have a couple of such darlings. I suspect it's revenge for me having been such an annoying child! 😜
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

Congratulations!!!
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member

Awesome news! Congrats!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member

Congrats!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member

Congratulations!!! We are awaiting our third one this coming weekend.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Guys, I am so excited about my first grandchild. I am going to visit my daughter the in late September. She has a doctors appt on 09/20. She will be 18 weeks - they are doing an ultrasound. I am SOOOO hoping that they can tell us what it is. Mimi has got a baby to spoil!!!

I have already requested 2 weeks vacation in February for the birth, and told my boss that I will be taking a Friday half day once a month thereafter so I can go visit. My daughter lives about 7 hours from me. I was surprised that she just said ok.

So.... I need to be very diligent about my weight loss. I have 36 weeks, give or take, to melt. I don't want to be huge in the 'birthday' photos. As we all know, those things stay around FOREVER! If I can maintain a pound a week I will only be 12 over goal, and I am ok with that.

Btw - I am still on cloud 9!!!

This made me smile. You're so cute! Go, Mimi!

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Guys, I am so excited about my first grandchild. I am going to visit my daughter the in late September. She has a doctors appt on 09/20. She will be 18 weeks - they are doing an ultrasound. I am SOOOO hoping that they can tell us what it is. Mimi has got a baby to spoil!!!

I have already requested 2 weeks vacation in February for the birth, and told my boss that I will be taking a Friday half day once a month thereafter so I can go visit. My daughter lives about 7 hours from me. I was surprised that she just said ok.

So.... I need to be very diligent about my weight loss. I have 36 weeks, give or take, to melt. I don't want to be huge in the 'birthday' photos. As we all know, those things stay around FOREVER! If I can maintain a pound a week I will only be 12 over goal, and I am ok with that.

Btw - I am still on cloud 9!!!

Congratulations-Smiley-Flowers-Animated-Image.gif
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    mwm158 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.
    This makes me sad to think of you unhappy all the time. I hope you can get past this. Happiness and joy is the best feeling. I search for it and make sure to include it in my daily life, hope you can find it also.

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    My dad has spiked a fever and is now on O2, but has pulled out his IV. As soon as I can get Tyler's dinner cooked and one of adult boys to stay with him I am going to the nursing home. Big Chris (his favorite nurse) thinks it's pneumonia but they're waiting for labs to come back. I said that Monday when they didn't show anything yet, so....
  • Susieq_1994
    My dad has spiked a fever and is now on O2, but has pulled out his IV. As soon as I can get Tyler's dinner cooked and one of adult boys to stay with him I am going to the nursing home. Big Chris (his favorite nurse) thinks it's pneumonia but they're waiting for labs to come back. I said that Monday when they didn't show anything yet, so....

Oh, no! I'm sorry, Mel. I hope he recovers quickly.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member

So sorry to hear this. Prayers!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Mel, hang in there. Hugs for you.