Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• ljbutler1000
    ljbutler1000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @JudyKenova4, I think that's the best approach - to enjoy the journey! The weight loss journey is a long road, the weight maintenance journey is longer and more difficult, because you're never really "done" - weight management is a lifelong commitment. Having lost a significant amount of weight in 2012 (lost 70 lbs and kept it off for 7 years), I can honestly say that it helps to concentrate on the process - what am I doing for my body with this meal that's right in front of me? And think about the foods you *can* have versus what you're missing. I got some other tips from another diet program: if there's something you really want, have it, and adjust your calorie intake somewhere else. Don't try to substitute a low fat or sugar free version, because it won't satisfy you. Another thing is to look at your plate, and eat your favorite food first. That way, if you fill up before your plate is empty, you're less tempted to keep going.
    Hang in there folks!
  • sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Name: Diane
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 264
    Start Weight (Jan 1 2019): 253.3

May 10 - 245.9
    May 17 - 245.1
    May 31 - 249.5
    June 7 - 249
    June 14 - 247.0
    July 12 - 248.0
    Aug 2 - 253.0
    Aug 10 - 252.2
    Aug 22 - 249.4

Weekly weigh in. Goal is to get to 240 and soon!
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @sweeetypie1 You can do it!!!!
  • JudyKenova4
    JudyKenova4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @JudyKenova4, I think that's the best approach - to enjoy the journey! The weight loss journey is a long road, the weight maintenance journey is longer and more difficult, because you're never really "done" - weight management is a lifelong commitment. Having lost a significant amount of weight in 2012 (lost 70 lbs and kept it off for 7 years), I can honestly say that it helps to concentrate on the process - what am I doing for my body with this meal that's right in front of me? And think about the foods you *can* have versus what you're missing. I got some other tips from another diet program: if there's something you really want, have it, and adjust your calorie intake somewhere else. Don't try to substitute a low fat or sugar free version, because it won't satisfy you. Another thing is to look at your plate, and eat your favorite food first. That way, if you fill up before your plate is empty, you're less tempted to keep going.
    Hang in there folks!

Awesome advice! Thank you!
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just seeing what's going on.
  • JJGottaLoseIt
    JJGottaLoseIt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    MidModJenn wrote: »
    Happy Sunday, everyone! Happy to say I'm officially down my first 15 lbs. Clothes are fitting better, I'm down a size, starting to feel stronger at the gym (I actually left my Zumba class the other day feeling ENERGIZED instead of ready to die! LOL). Celebrating this week by hitting the Eloquii store when I'm in NYC and buying some smaller-sized clothes!

Congrats on losing 15 lbs MidmodJenn! Isn't it nice when are clothes fit just a bit better? I hate how I feel when my clothes are too tight and they let me know about every ounce of fat I have lol. Of course, then there is the whole belt digging into your stomach thing, which is never fun. Good to hear your energy is improving! I would usually leave Zumba wondering why I can't dance and where all the other guys were ha ha. Have fun shopping!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @MidModJenn -- Congrats on looser clothes!! That's the best feeling!

@diane-- Woohoo--you're back down in the 240s!!

Welcome to the newlings!!!

Sunday Share:
    Since there are so many newlings, I thought I would re-introduce myself. I'm Karen, and I think I may currently be the longest running poster in this thread. I joined the previous iteration back in 2011 when a woman named Ellen (whose user name was robinsegg) created it for those of us who had more than a few pounds to lose. When MFP reconfigured the way discussion threads and groups work, she re-started the thread, and I've been here ever since.

The support helped me lose about 60 pounds, and I managed to maintain that low of 183 lbs for a couple of years. I slowly gained back 20 lbs while dealing with some shoulder issues which made it difficult to exercise. Both shoulders are now much better (though not 100% mobility or strength), so I've been working at getting back down to the mid 180s. It's been a slow, difficult process, and I'm currently stuck in the mid 190s, but I know if I just keep working the weight will eventually come off.

I'm disappointed that I didn't see a loss after 2 weeks of pretty good numbers, but I also know from experience that my scale is usually about 3 weeks behind my actual effort (or lack thereof). I will keep at it knowing the payoff will come.

On another note, I tried to go to the gym earlier this week, and it was closed. It's a 24/7 SNAP, so that wasn't a good sign. Sure enough, a couple of days later I got an email saying the location was now closed. I'm going to head over to the Planet Fitness that opened recently and see about joining.

With the start of the school year, I've completely lost track of the water challenge, but I will try to do better during these last 8 days.

Name: Karen
    Highest Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 196 (7/6/19)

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19 = 195
    8/10/19 = 195
    8/17/19 = 195
    8/24/19 = 195
    8/31/19 =

Water Challenge Goal:
    80+ oz. each day
    x/8

• sweeetypie1
    Options
    raindogmaa wrote: »
    @sweeetypie1 You can do it!!!!

Thank you. Trying - today is a good day! One day at a time :)
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am back after a long break so I doubt anyone remembers me. I have decided to get back on track and focus on losing weight. My max weight was 264. Just last year I lost over 50 lbs and started to feel better about myself. I was almost into one-der land. Then I had knee surgery and between the comfort foods and lack of activity I gained back about 20 lbs. I currently weigh 220. I went to a wedding this weekend and didn’t like the way I looked in pictures. I think it is funny how I can see myself in the mirror and not see how big I am but you take a picture and wham reality hits you right between your eyes.
    So today is my official start. Last time I was on here I would post often to remind me to stay on track.
  • Losin2gether23_Nae
    Options
    cjbrummet wrote: »
    Hi everyone I am back after a long break so I doubt anyone remembers me. I have decided to get back on track and focus on losing weight. My max weight was 264. Just last year I lost over 50 lbs and started to feel better about myself. I was almost into one-der land. Then I had knee surgery and between the comfort foods and lack of activity I gained back about 20 lbs. I currently weigh 220. I went to a wedding this weekend and didn’t like the way I looked in pictures. I think it is funny how I can see myself in the mirror and not see how big I am but you take a picture and wham reality hits you right between your eyes.
    So today is my official start. Last time I was on here I would post often to remind me to stay on track.

Welcome back CJ..... I totally get the picture thing.. that’s what kicked my butt into gear as well... since you’ve done it before you know the road ahead and you made the best decision by committing to yourself again! This is the time!! :)
  • cjbrummet
    Options
    @Losin2gether23_Nae thanks. I really need to get back to working out. It seems that as I get older I get hurt more, and I am only 53. LOL
    The food dairy really helped me take stock of what I put in my mouth. I don’t eat a lot of food but what I eat is full of carbs.
    It is so hot here in Texas. I can’t wait until the temperature drops low enough for me to go walks outside. I hate the treadmill it is too easy to quit. At least when walking outside you have to walk back. I would love to get back in shape enough to run again but right now I am just walking. Baby steps.
  • cjbrummet
    Options
    I thought I would take a moment and introduce myself. My name is Catherine. I am 53 years old and I am 5'3" and 222lbs. I live in Texas. I am the mother of 4 adult children and one lovely granddaughter that is 10 years old. I am a nurse in the Cath Lab. I have been overweight ever since I had my last child (he is now 28).

The first time I seriously lost weight was in 2000 my weight was around 230 and I had just started running. So between the running and dieting I lost 65 lbs and was down to a size 10. I went to Italy for my anniversary and I felt great. Then I hurt my back and couldn't run, then it was winter and I couldn't run. I still managed to stay within 10 lbs of my low weight. Then gradually, slowly over time I gained the all the weight back and then some. In December 2017 I weighed 264 and got diagnosed with Diabetes my A1C was almost 11. I went on a low carb, NO sugar diet and got down to 201 ( was almost in one-derland). But as the medicines worked and my blood sugar was under control again I began to eat sugar again and gradually gained back about 20 lbs.

I need to find a diet plan I can live with and exercise I can tolerate. By writing this I have realized that I can lose weight for short term but I can't keep it off if I go off the strict diet. I need to lose the weight and find the balance of diet I can live with forever that won't feel like I am dieting. I know that if I took the time to pack my lunch everyday and not eat in the cafeteria. I could not only save money but lose weight.

Tuesday Goals:

1. Keep an accurate food diary. Avoid eating bread rice and pasta. Always be honest even if I binge that day.

2. Increase activity. Although I walk about 11,000 steps a day I need to actually work out at the gym, that I pay for and rarely go to, to get my heart rate up to burn calories.

3. Write on here daily. By writing on here, it will help keep me accountable. It helps thinking someone is watching out with me to stay on track.

4. Don't beat myself up if I have a bad day. Just start the next day fresh and on track.

5. Avoid injuries. I know that everyone wants that but everytime I lose some weight then I get injured and become a slug and gain all the weight back.

Those are my goals for now. My overall goal weight is 130, but I will appreciate any progress towards that number I can get.

I have noticed that not many people post as often as they used too. I remember there were lots of people who would post everyday. It was fun watching them succeed in challenges. They would have six week challenges about weight or steps or exercise or whatever they felt like doing. So if I am the only one posting daily then I hope I don't bore everyone with my frequent post and my life stories.

Wish everyone success with their goals this Tuesday.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @catherine-- Welcome back!! I absolutely remember you, and I'm glad to have someone else who plans to post regularly. I try to post every couple of days, but sometimes I only have time to read. I can totally relate to your story--I've also had injuries that have knocked me off track and led to weight gain from my low of 183. I love your goals!!
  • sweeetypie1
    Options
    Went for a walk tonight, only about 1.1 miles - felt a lot longer - so out of shape but every bit helps. I have a great husband who encourages me. He recently lost over 30 pounds just by diet and exercise. The diet part isn't too hard, but I really don't like to exercise - always finding excuses. But tonight my body won, so we went for a walk. It felt ok, a little achy now -carpal tunnel didn't like it. Feet are protesting a bit but it will all calm down. I hope it helps me sleep - haven't been sleeping very well lately.

Next goal is to drink more water - I know I don't drink enough. When I think back to what I drank all day I'm surprised - maybe 1 glass of water and two cups of coffee. So, more water from now on.

Nice to read your story @cjbrummet. I was first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 2 years ago - a1c was 11 also - now it's around 6.2 with diet and medicine. Doctor said if I lose weight I could possible go off the medicine altogether, so that's my motivation.
  • sweeetypie1
    Options
    cjbrummet wrote: »

I know what you mean about the pictures. I'm the same way. In my mind I'm not that big but when I see a picture I'm like "that's me????" wow. It's a good motivator.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Catherine's post reminded me of our daily topics that robin originally set up to aid participation and discussion. Thought I would repost them from page 1 in case some of the more recent additions to the thread weren't aware of them.
    RobinsEgg wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

Welcome to our discussion. We are a great community - both men and women
    - and provide excellent support and motivation for your personal weight
    loss journey.

This is not a group. This is an ongoing discussion of support and motivation and you can easily participate. There is no "joining" to do. Just post a comment! happy That's all it takes. Go to the last - most current page (600 and counting)and write a comment - whatever you feel like saying, and click the REPLY button. You will be welcomed by other people posting and hopefully you will return often. I try to send a welcoming message within a week of your first post.

After posting, you can find your way back by checking your "COMMUNITY"
    tab, then on the "MY DISCUSSIONS" listing, and all the DISCUSSIONS you
    have posted to will show up. If you click on the STAR to the right of the
    DISCUSSIONS, that selects them as your favorites. Then you can click on
    the Titles of the DISCUSSIONS and doing that will return you to the most
    current posting on the DISCUSSIONS thread.

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

Welcome to each and every one of you as you start this journey - Robin

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I mentioned that my gym abruptly shut down last week. Well, I made my way to Planet Fitness on Sunday to join, and I went for my first workout there yesterday. It's MUCH bigger, but has more amenities and equipment, so I think it will be a good change. No workout today, but I plan to go again tomorrow after work.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Continue to visit the gym regularly--shooting for 3 times a week minimum.
    2. Finally saw the scale nudge back down to 194 this morning, so I'd like to keep it going in that direction. My short-term goal is still 189 by the time I leave for California on Sept. 28th.
    3. Continue to drink a minimum of 80 oz. of water/day and eat 100+ grams of protein.

Name: Karen
    Highest Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 196 (7/6/19)

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19 = 195
    8/10/19 = 195
    8/17/19 = 195
    8/24/19 = 195
    8/31/19 =

Water Challenge Goal:
    80+ oz. each day
    4/8
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi-

My name is Holly and I was on this feed for a while a few years back. My only child died and it sent me into a major depression and food comfort problem. I tried to return to the group about 2 yrs ago and still wasn’t ready to face life alone.
    My weight got to it’s highest at 290lbs and I couldn’t even tie my shoes with out losing my breath.
    I am returning for I know I can do this.

My goals for this week is to get in exercise everyday and not binge eat on weekends. I do live in MN our state fair is on so the binge eating maybe a bit of a challenge.

My other goal is for mental health...I was told that I need to talk about my son vs keeping it hush hush... so I will be working on that also.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound (Karen) Hope your trip to CA is for fun. What part are you going to? I went to SF CA for first time in May. I had never been to any part of CA it was so beautiful.