Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Highly Specific Good Little Things

Replies

• laprimaJennylaprimaJenny Member Posts: 1,501 Member Member Posts: 1,501 Member
    Discovering a new song that puts your thoughts into words and helps you process your emotions.
  • George_of_the_JungleGeorge_of_the_Jungle Member Posts: 3,316 Member Member Posts: 3,316 Member
    Waking up early on Saturday
  • your_future_ex_wifeyour_future_ex_wife Member Posts: 4,278 Member Member Posts: 4,278 Member
    Waking up early on Saturday

Wait. What. What’s today?
  • ghudson92ghudson92 Member Posts: 2,062 Member Member Posts: 2,062 Member
    This thread.

It is another link in a chain of gratitude that helps me. I used to list my grievances, the ways people piss me off. And it didn’t help anything, didn’t fix anything, didn’t change anything. While it may have been a momentary release, it didn’t help my long term mental state. And it made me part of the problem.

Gratitude helps me focus and makes me stronger, more capable of fixing or mitigating the actual sh!tty things. Makes me more accepting of other people and ideas.

Sorry for the sap

That's such a great perspective.
  • ghudson92ghudson92 Member Posts: 2,062 Member Member Posts: 2,062 Member
    Yesterday I popped in to Tesco to get some alpro milk. On my travels through la supermarchè I found a Hufflepuff mug which is, tbh, cheering me up no end.
  • Just_Mel_Just_Mel_ Member Posts: 3,867 Member Member Posts: 3,867 Member
    I really love when I get things on sale or a good deal. I get kind of a small high when I get a great bargain.
  • Reckoner68Reckoner68 Member Posts: 2,139 Member Member Posts: 2,139 Member
    I really love when I get things on sale or a good deal. I get kind of a small high when I get a great bargain.

I imagine the face you're making in your avatar is 100% the face you make when you spot a great deal!!!
  • cee134cee134 Member Posts: 33,770 Member Member Posts: 33,770 Member
    When I find the droids I'm looking for.
  • Sweet_Pea15Sweet_Pea15 Member Posts: 211 Member Member Posts: 211 Member
    A clean house, without me cleaning it. It's the little things in life, you know..

I 2nd this ❤
    When restaurants water down the ketchup so I don't have to shake it.
  • George_of_the_JungleGeorge_of_the_Jungle Member Posts: 3,316 Member Member Posts: 3,316 Member
    tncz7hccdzpk.jpg

You know what the green ones mean right?
    cee134 wrote: »
    tncz7hccdzpk.jpg

You know what the green ones mean right?

Go?
  • CoffeeAndContourCoffeeAndContour Member Posts: 1,466 Member Member Posts: 1,466 Member
    When you wake up in the night to use the rest room and you get to see how much time left there is to sleep.
    tncz7hccdzpk.jpg

Is this the perfect combo or are they all the same?

All the same. Thai coconut. Needs Caramel.
  • Reckoner68Reckoner68 Member Posts: 2,139 Member Member Posts: 2,139 Member
    Can't describe how fortunate I feel to be able to listen to music for most of my workday. It's one of those things that I take for granted most days, but having just finished up my usual Monday meetings, it felt good to turn on some comforting music. Dang, I love music
  • caco_ethescaco_ethes Member Posts: 11,963 Member Member Posts: 11,963 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Can't describe how fortunate I feel to be able to listen to music for most of my workday. It's one of those things that I take for granted most days, but having just finished up my usual Monday meetings, it felt good to turn on some comforting music. Dang, I love music

Oh man my old job used to be a whole mood because i was able to listen to music. I had headphones in most of every day. Now i get interrupted just enough to make it jarring to have to take my earbuds out all the time but when i work late, listening to music is the best