WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,146 Member
    Options
    I tried putting in an avatar (a profile picture) but it's not showing up so far

You have to select it as Main.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,346 Member
    Options
    I tried putting in an avatar (a profile picture) but it's not showing up so far

It usually take a bit of time to show up. As for weight loss: maintaining a slow downward trend is the best way to lose, as it makes the new weight more sustainable.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,146 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 50, will be 51 in September. This is the time of year my arthritis starts getting really annoying, so I'm thinking up workarounds if I can't do my usual exercise routine on particular days. Would love to hear your solutions if you have similar issues.

Hi ... I'm 52 and I've got arthritis in my feet. I'm seeing a podiatrist right now for my feet -- I've been fitted with orthotics and have exercises to do.

Just recently MRIs have discovered a very early hint of osteoarthritis in my right hip and a part of my back. We're hoping that getting my feet right will help, plus I'm going to a physiotherapist-led pilates class once a week to work on range of motion and building some strength.

Machka in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    nhmhgublg4ve.jpeg

Carol - oh the necklace is gorgeous I miss pearl look! Your hair looks so nice 👍. Both of you look so cute together.

Lanette- That poor boy but their learning a lot about each other before marriage so that’s good.

Michele Nc- Daughter loves cat cafe’ her 1st one was in In Chicago lol 😂 the Navy kids lived in their cats sitting in their laps to running around. A lot get adopted but UK version might not be as friendly as the USA’s version. No cages just playing here.
    Had to explain telephone books to my 20yr old Daughter y her friends lol 😂 that’s how I learned they had no clue they existed lol also showed her online version.

Banana and oranges takes me multiple uploads to get mine to take . Profile pics are a job in themselves lol. Sounds like your poor cleaning lady has zero family or friends nearby is a bad situation maybe forever if Daughter chooses to live there after 18. Here’s hoping things improve for her. 1 income too hard road.

We got 2 love seats one under a fan other away from it lol. I won’t both away from the fan but JR ...Can’t have back away from a wall for my climber. They have wide arms so I could feed JR he’s always been big. Doctors y us suspect gigantism but since it’s genetic both sides of our family no one has health issues from it we decided not to test. Doctors asked questions said they knew what we have so their not worried either. Great grandpa was 8ft tall. 3rd Cousin losing weight with me is 7ft. My 1st Cousin y his sons are 6”4-6”6 range. My nephew Hubby side is 9yrs old 6ft tall. Just our genetics 🧬. Exercise is key for JR y no or mild sports 🥎 cause joints forming too quick he needs to be able to sit out as needed so NO school sports! Payed private sports only so if need be yank him out! Thinking more guitar lessons to chess. Work with Dad so he can have him sit out if needed someday well Mommy can snap if needed lol 😂. JR sits with no booster at tables but we bought a bar stool restaurant table that’s for tall people so booster seat for it. He has desk chair mastered now. He sleeps in a full bed y couches are for heavy weights even baby one (Daughter tested the 150lb weight limit baby chair she was worried it didn’t look sturdy but it passed!) Got an adult scooter y a kids bike for age 6+yrs . Even his play tent has no roof.Hubby y me searching for his Christmas started buying must be his size y safe since he puts stuff in his mouth! 40lbs over 4ft tall already wide with woman sized head. So if anyone sees products for very huge 2 1/2+ ages let me know even if it’s for an 8yr old if I can put small parts back in a closet give him the main item they count too! (Insurance company got us car seats only charged us $100 for 2 toddler y 2 Older kids seats praise God for that!) DMV sent us their employee handbook for the laws on safety belts y car seats y boosters! They talked 3hours about it looked into it for week before calling back. They think he will be out of seat very early but as long as possible is key! Cheap medical products for kids also include! We can use it all! Even cheap diapers past sz 6! We’re still potty training but after that is still night time training y accidents!

SW 195
    CW 159 (yo-yo at 156-164 range at the moment)

Goth chic- Welcome yeah isn’t there new coffees out there for those not wanting the norm? Thought there was alternatives too maybe I’m remembering something out dated now. Brain fog 🌫. Hubby switching to decaf doing the half decaf half regular tapering off regular route. Slow but getting there. My gastrologist says No coffee ☕️ as a kid lol y adult years. Haven’t seen him in awhile he knows I hate going y want to do natural route. Chicory coffee ☕️ one alternative, like I said not sure if they still have it or not.
    Amber Tx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,340 Member
    Options
    Bananas - I think most people would find my OCD hard to live with with! If people are coming over I'm a fiend. The room in the house that is the worst is DH's study, but, as it's not my responsibility I can live with it. Some of the rubbish is mine, but it's out of my sight, so out of mind. :embarassed:

Janetr - Hoping things improve for both of you. <3

Barbie - You always say the right things! <3 I have taken the step of transferring some money out of savings so I can buy Word. Haven't bought it yet though. :#

Made appointments for blood work and blood pressure later this week. Have to be on different days.

Still hot here, but due to change tomorrow. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    fmuumd7c11yf.jpeg

JR 40lbs over 4ft tall age 2yrs 4months old
    This is our many issues he’s hitting weight requirements of a booster seat 💺 almost in a seat belt ! So yeah if a product fits a 6yr old in your life it will fit JR he wears sz 6clothing.

Amber Tx

Congrats to everyone loosing even if it’s gaining muscle weight but loosing the fat it’s still loosing! So woohoo we’re all rocking!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did Jane Fonda’s Firm and Burn DVD. I’m not quite sure how I feel about this DVD. It’s VERY low impact, she repeats moves some but not too much. Reminded me a lot of Leslie Sanson’s DVD’s. Anyway, the plan for tomorrow is to take the water aerobics class.

Since we’re leaving for Denise’s Friday and will be there thru Tuesday and my usual day to take the Actonel is Sunday, I’m going to take it tomorrow. I usually don’t do anything exercise-wise before I go to the water class, so I’m thinking that’ll work out. Like Katla (I think it is), I’ll just sit at the computer for the ½ hour. If this works, I may start taking it on the day when I go to the water aerobics class. Then at least I can do a DVD on Sunday where I need to lay down like a yoga or pilates DVD.

Vince spoke to Denise yesterday and PJ is still in the bassinette, she was wonder if I’d help her with transitioning him into the crib. I sort-of think that Pete wants to keep him in the bassinette in their room. KJ – any hints? I’m thinking that at first when he takes a nap he could be in the crib but someone should be in the room with him. He’s used to someone being in the room, he’s in their room at night, he’s in the crib at daycare but there’s someone in the room then.

Bananas – I hope things go well for you at the doctors and the knee isn’t badly messed up. I’m a late night snacker, too. I’ve found that things that are easily digested, like crackers or pretzels or applesauce, are pretty good to have. A lot of times I take those small containers of applesauce (like 4oz) and put the container in the freezer. Makes a good, sweet “frozen ice”. In previous years, I would get so very itchy that my arms would actually bleed because I’d scratch my arms in my sleep. Well, lately after I get out of the pool I put body lotion on my arms. Now they’re not itchy. I bet the chlorine dried out my skin

Pat in OH – thanks for the lovely saying. I really liked it. I seem to remember seeing something like it a while ago, but it’s still a good reminder. Thanks for posting

I really don’t have any mail piles, either. Vince, on the other hand….. If something needs attention (like my subscription to Nutrition Action Healthletter did just recently), I put it by my computer to take care of. Then, after I take care of it, it gets put in the proper place.

Gothchic – welcome! Where is your arthritis?

Michele in NC