WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    What, if anything, do you keep from your university/college courses?

Notes? Assignments? Lecture pdfs? ?????

No. I saw no value in keeping them. I can look anything up I want t online.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    ux4njab0oekr.jpeg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Yes another food JR will eat!!! Granola Nature valley in a bag. Honey y oats clusters of them. He’s munching away! Gives me an idea where to go next with food tries! Granola bars!
    Tried Bryers 70cal fudge bar so creamy yum. Made granola 1oz with Godiva chocolate 2tiny bars pieces (6bars pieces out of the big bar is a serving 220cal so 2 is 1/3rd the calories. I placed them in tiny snack baggies for cal portions control.

Amber Tx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    Michele I have used that too. Borax and powdered sugar.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Michele - we used the borax sugar combo on a variety of ants we had outside. We put it on the grass and on some ant hills. It helped a lot! Didn’t get them all because it was such a rainy summer but I bet if it had been dry we would have gotten them.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Realized today men start life with their egos lol. Found this text JR tried to send his Doctors (At least I hope it didn’t go through their young so who knows). He wrote “Has It”. Lol to a 2yr old girl maybe but doubt the Doc agrees lol 😂. Hubby just said must be the Hispanic in him lol (Spanish are known to be suave) lol
    wonn5t6hv9wb.jpeg
    Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Tracey, the wedding video was awesome. Thank you for posting it for us.
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    What, if anything, do you keep from your university/college courses?

Notes? Assignments? Lecture pdfs? ?????

I suggest that my students keep their lecture notes until they pass their certification exam. Some students just download my PowerPoints from BlackBoard to a flash drive. Others print them in outline format.

I did the same thing when I was working on my masters degree, especially since some of my subjects were two semester courses.

Connie in KY
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    27ipzdk24778.jpeg
    For those who are following low carb or keto way of eating a bread substitute called a “chaffle” - cheese and egg waffle is sweeping through social media. I have made them and used them for a keto version of a McGriddle.

https://asweetlife.org/chaffle-fever-sweeps-across-the-globe/?fbclid=IwAR3FHGvM-mKxYy81s6gC031sXZEd0Gbt4Qv6v6bgoy_mDGoyx-cTPCjV89Q
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Tracey What a wonderful wedding video. They are a charming couple. I loved it!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    TRACEY gorgeous video put a smile on my face this morning

Kate UK <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Tracey the wedding video is lovely, had a tear in my eye - what a lovely couple.
    Viv <3 UK

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Tracey, so much joy in one place! Loved the video, love the couple.

clowe1028, thank you for the chaffle recipe!

My husband made something similar for me to substitute for pizza - mixed shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese, enough to cover the bottom of a small non-stick pan. Then fully cooked hamburger, and some pepperoni, then layered over it some more of the cheese mixture. After the bottom browned, he flipped it by sliding it out on a plate, and then cooked it on the other side. Pretty darn yummy. Of course, he ate half of it to test it!

Machka, so pleased that you're turning your last year and a half into something that can help others. Your strength and ability to make the best of any situation continues to be incredibly impressive.

Monday here for a better week to come... have to go see if I can get my license re-made this morning. Should be interesting. Hopefully not too much of an issue.

Love y'all,
    Happy Monday!
    Lisa in AR