Replies

• suecookman
    suecookman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do I bookmark this thread please?
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Katla ~ We have also been recently invaded with tiny ants. The exterminator came and sprayed but they are still showing up in the bathroom sink. For some reason, I think they somehow come up the pipes.

Had a huge lunch of fahitas with refried beans, guacomole salad, chips and frozen margaritas. So, there won't be any dinner. No way I can figure out how to log it.

Carol in GA who is enjoying the cooler morning weather!

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Katla and Carol if you are looking for natural ways to deter ants. Cinnamon sprinkled in their path. Wash down their path with
    vinegar or lemon juice. You can also plant mint around your home.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Quiet day here. Hubs charcoaled veggies and tuna again today. I had him grill enough that we will get 2 more meals out of it. Yum!

Have a great evening ladies -

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I want to program JRs IPad Amazon Freetime (not free lol 😂 yearly fee) to block what we don’t want. Theirs books to apps tailored for so many well He doesn’t need Barbie or the one on why my body is changing from transgender hormone therapy or how to make my own jewelry to purses or the ones in other languages other than English mainly some Spanish y Hebrew or the learn another language ones. I like the cookbooks to learning ones mainly,but theirs a ton of different religions to even a book against recycling. Books that are well deemed racist to ones that well we don’t need ones on acne yet lol.Raising kids definitely isn’t for the faint of heart no more. How anyone can be against recycling is beyond me. The purse out of plastic bag ones good for girls but wish they had more boy craft ones like leather embossing my Dads good at it! Used to use his skill for my belts to leather bookmarks y bracelets.
    Problem is JR sees me with it he’s in the MINE phase so hard to get it long enough to search through thousands of apps,books,y videos the prints so darn small!

Dinner decided chicken 4oz,tea 4oz,Cous Cous,corn,y Mexican cornbread.
    Thinking the new Valley type granola hubby got me as a treat with Apple later for a treat.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I laugh about it now but I remember in the lower school grades my Daughter so upset because the Teacher made her put a book about the military up get a girls book. Lol now she’s in the Navy.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

rowing machine- 15min, 62aw, 140mhr, 2544meters= 113c
    arm ski machine- 15min, 46aw, 143mhr 2304meters = 134c
    arm spin machin 10min 37arpm, 142mhr, .96km= 106c
    sitting, chest press machine- 4.16min, 117mhr, 20#ea, 5sets of 10= 26c

total cal 379
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Regarding invasion of the ants-my brother had them come through his dishwasher lines-so yes, for some reason they like to follow water. I do hope I don't get ants after the wasps!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Carol and Margaret: I went berserk and sprayed the ant paths and the outside of my windows with Raid. I haven’t seen any ants today. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don’t have to use “the big guns” again any time soon. :embarassed:

Lanette: We use liquid stevia drops to sweeten beverages and granulated sugar in baking. I don’t bake very often so the sugar isn’t a worry. The liquid stevia is satisfactory for sweetening my coffee. I haven’t used it in anything else that I can remember. Our “soft drinks” are sparkling water with no sweetener at all. I like to dribble a little lime juice in a glass of sparkling water. :flowerforyou:

I doubled my sourdough starters today. “Starters” because I have two versions. The original is fed with wheat flour and the “new” version is fed with rice flour. I’ve had the original strain of sourdough since the early 1970’s. It is an heirloom that was brought to Oregon on a wagon train on the Applegate Trail around 1901. My friend received a start from her elderly neighbor in the 1960’s and later gave a start to me. I used some of my original Applegate Trail starter to create a rice flour sourdough starter because DH can’t eat wheat any longer. Both versions are in their own separate crocks in the refrigerator.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Well I overrate and went off keto today.. but tomorrow is another day the river cruise we were supposed to go on wasnt cancelled.but the engine wasnt running again.. so we had nruch with muci and a free drink 30 % off what we originally paid and will.get reimbursed eventually.. but we had a nice time.
    Then came home and worked on favor bags for the reunion.. and went to feed my DFIL .and he was having none of it. So we left..and that was that.. now going to relax..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Day with my friend went very well. Too tired to write much. Love to all. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Lanette: ’...... hopefully I'll never have to work again.’ Thanks for that remark. It has resolved me to do a purge of all that stuff clogging cupboards that could be put to better use.
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    B)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did Leslie Sanson’s Walk away the pounds DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of 10MS Butt Lift DVD and then take the extremepump class

Went to Aldi to get things for the chocolate cream dessert to take to Rummikub Tuesday. This is going to be the last time this lady from India will be here. She was here for a visit for 6 months. Then went in the pool. Think I may go in after dinner. It’s sounding like it’s thundering, but the clouds sure don’t look it

Lisa in AR – we don’t know why Vince did it, but when we were in France and his wallet was stolen, he’d made copies of all his credit cards so he had the numbers. He even said that if anyone’s wallet was stolen, it would be mine because I’m so trusting. So whose got stolen???? What a nice name – Levi Bet you’re excited!

Barbara – the first time I ever saw a tsunami evacuation sign was when Jess was in St. Kitts

Got a picture from Vince. On their way to Ames (Iowa) they had to stop and take a picture of the sign into LeGrand….lol

Tracey – no, I wasn’t a pharmacist. Jess has one more year of vet school and then she does one year of clinical at Iowa State.

Lanette – does the borax/sugar mixture also work on those little red ants?

Speaking of ants and other “critters”, every evening it seems we get these worms in the pool. They don’t harm anything except look ugly. I have found a few in the house, but not lately

Michele in NC