434518xlbzh5vtds.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    suazyptrnvjl.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie here, just joined. I need to lose over 100 lbs and it's daunting. But you have to start somewhere so I'm starting. I'm looking for MFP friends who are on a similar journey or who are positive and motivated. I have an open food diary to friends. Thanks and looking forward to being with a great group of losers :D Kate
    :) Welcome,Kate, you have come to the right place. I hope you will come back daily and join the conversation. I started my weight loss journey with a few small changes and when I could maintain those, I made other modifications. Logging food was a big eye opener for me and it helped me change how I eat.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    👋 Hi Kate .I started at 195 now 160 35lbs lost lots to go but better than when hubby used to pick me off the floor y mom in law me Leaning on each other to get up!

Amber Tx
    Cous Cous is a breaded rice 1/4cup is a portions size before cooking. 160cal I add only olive oil or butter tsp ,water,y veggies to meat can be added. It’s really quick frying pan bring to boil then dump the Cous Cous in stirring awhile till liquids gone then into a bowl with lid or Tupperware or put lid on pan so it gets more moist.Then serve I make 4servings at once so Tupperware then measure out 1/4th.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    PinkShamrock aka Kate: Welcome to a great group of losers. :wink: The ladies here are generous and kind, in my opinion. When I started I needed to lose 70 pounds. I measured my portions using scoops and a food scale. I still use the scoops regularly, and the food scale occasionally. I lost the weight, but it has crept up just a bit. I’m in the zone that MFP says is right for me, but my injured knee says I’m too heavy and causing low grade pain. Now I’m working on getting those extra pounds back off. Many of us have been here quite a while and new people are welcome. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: Thanks for your kind words. :star:

Heather: Thank you for sharing the beautiful photo of you and your friend. :bigsmile:

Thanks to those who suggested mint as a deterrent to ants. I called the county extension office and was advised to buy mint oil and spray it wherever I see ants. The mint plants will not be good companions to our Rhododendrons.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I too believe that my vertigo episodes do more to my head than I realize! I did not have any yesterday, and slept so good last night. Eldest son needed to get his van repaired, so he dropped it off on Friday, husband went and got him. So we are without our car until it gets fixed. So just going on walks today for exercise. No gym.
    💖Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    fb4sjs4e70xn.jpeg
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    Missed a day, so skimming.

Called doc office today. The office manager was in a “meeting”. Had them look for the results of my DH ultrasounds, still not there. They told me they would call for it, and I said they were supposed to do that Friday! She said she remembered but still don’t have it. She said she would request it again and would call when she got it. I told her I would call every day until they get it!

We do think it is a mesh failure. Definitely will persue that course once we have it repaired.

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    PG 60 “Chaffles” sound awesome! Gotta try it!

Caught up.

Ants and snakes
    Mint oil works. I use it on everything that touches the ground in our RV. I also use Clove oil mixed in water. Supposed to deter snakes. Works on ants too. They really don’t like it. Not sure about snakes but haven’t seen any since I started using it. Spray it around once a week.

RV Rita
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Katla oil sounds good. Mint plants do spread I have mine mixed in with pinks and milkweed so I don't mind they spread.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I used cinnamon sticks and bay leaves around my kitchen where I saw ants and they left. This was in Oregon coast apartment. It looked like an old wise gypsy woman resided there!😁
    💖Rebecca
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Well here it is Monday again. The weekend just flew by. Saturday we did the Make a Wish ride. There were 217 motorcycles, 309 riders and we raised just over $10,500. Beautiful day for the ride. Then yesterday was church with several of the grandchildren. Had a potluck at church to celebrate the new kitchen that was just finished. Then went and watched DGD play flag football. So was a full weekend. Now I need a day to nap.

Deb--Sending hugs and prayers for all of you.

Janetr--Glad to hear DGD's boyfriend is doing well Sorry to hear about your knee not being right. Hope they can figure it out without surgery.

Rebecca--Althena is beautiful and really growing. They sure do not stay little long.

Lisa--Hugs. Maybe they will find the wallet and the note will still be there.

I am up to page 56 but out of time.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did one segment of 10MS Butt Lift DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Extreme Cardio DVD.

Cheri – Vince is in Iowa right now helping Jess move. And as much as I love him/them, I love my alone-time, too. I can get so much done, do things when I want to do and no one telling me how or when it should be done. It’s almost heaven. So I totally understand how you feel. That video is great. I don’t know how you kept from crying when you performed the services, I know I couldn’t do it

One question about the borax/sugar combo, do you have to make it into a paste before you put it on the ant hill or just put the dry ingredients on it?

Debbie in VA – I’m so very glad your daughter and gs are with you. Do you think that SFB would physically take them?

Lisa – that’s a wonderful way of looking at the loss of your mother’s note…you still have the memories and the note contained only words. Whoever took your wallet may have needed that letter more than you. I do my best thinking in the pool

Went to exercise, stopped at the salvation army then got Loki’s medicine. Bowling this afternoon, ceramics tonight (I’ll go, Vince won’t be there) then mahjongg

Welcome everyone new! There’s no time like the present to start. Just jump right in

I don’t think I ever used the “woo” because I know that I’d get it mixed up and “woo” incorrectly. So glad that MPF is going to change it

Vicki – wow! That’s a lot of money raised and for such a good cause

Rori – beautiful bath. The before pictures reminded me of Lisa’s redo. Glad Mars approves

Michele in NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Why Women’s medicine is behind many health care professionals do/do not have answers to questions such as hot flashes to heart attacks in Women. I was told in my 20’s that I couldn’t be in Perimenopause but was so received no medical advice to treatments.Head was itchy dermatologist looked said he sees nothing said probably nerves acting up shrugged 🤷🏽‍♂️ (liked that he told the truth). Emergency room said nothings wrong too young for peri. Next thing I knew my hair fell out! Especially my eyebrows they were gone! My boss said Doctor said nothings wrong stop whining about your hot flashes. Jokingly he put a thermometer 🤒 in my mouth touched my hair said stop scratching they’ll think you got lice! Then he freaked out said your scalps on fire 🔥! He gave me lots of water (his wife’s advice ) stuck me y my coworker Lisa also moaning about hot flashes in the walk in fridge! (10yrs older but was still early for her too!) .After that I researched started Blk cohosh, fans portable,water bottles, rosemary oil diluted with water sprayed my head (helped regrow my hair!) Sat with Lisa in the fridge a lot lol 😂 y cleaned it so good it sparkled like a disco ball. Then my periods stopped for years. My family all the Women both sides early menopause. Even a newborn girl with hormone issues can have menopause! All the way to 104 still having periods. Theirs no set time frame that’s a myth. Post menopause babies 👶 happen ask JR lol as soon as he can talk better lol. Nursing to Doctor text books have not caught up. Women almost all of us since are parts were shhhh don’t say that words y parts like they were bad do not know our body parts or their names. Yeah or the fact some Women are born with 2 uteruses. Some are born with no uterus. I couldn’t tell you most of mine my Daughter asked her Doctor questions they didn’t know the answers either to a few or their answers sounded old fashion y just plain wrong! So she studied up. Some Women have higher or lower estrogen/testosterone. Higher testosterone is why some of us go bald like men do. Micro uterus /penis yes some Women yelled at cause it’s painful since forever have this! Most doctors don’t know it exsists so it’s just in your head wink wink 😉.Just like some gave over enlarged ones...both make finding tools to check you out harder. Were not all the shape of the Doctor model we all know y hate to see lol. Men are different shapes y sizes so are we! So next time you know something wrong or not right remember one day they will catch up we won’t have to call our cycles the curse lol we can just say period.Our boobs won’t be shameful they’ll be just bottles on the go. We won’t have to feel embarrassed unable to speak when the doctor asks what’s wrong you know it’s “down there”. Then keep repeating cause the doctor not getting the hint or they say the name of it mad you don’t know it. Female heart attacks are never grab the chest more like clouds in your eyes to back pains.
    Amber Tx