<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,068 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Debby Daughter not FaceTime indulging him does show she sees that Moms there maybe some stuffs flooding in. If she can’t escape this time she’ll try harder each time it starts an awakening. If school still an issue every semester you can ahead of time put in a transfer for the 2nd semester hop to the new school. Research get lawyers numbers to call CPS/APS anonymously to ask questions on how do I get my Daughter out they will gladly answer they are happy to see a Woman with help available! Many of their workers escaped too before (a lot become CPS workers to save others sooner than they saved themselves). Plus he hits her treats her like a monster for trying to go after she heard your concerns after you try your hardest to fight with her! Her next try if not now will be bigger y better fights .You being willing to fight with her each time is shining a light on the exit! Using the truthful words abuser to hit you instead of sugar coating reprogram the brain! The abuser molds you to what he wants to think like them feel at fault or ashamed well hearing words from family like abuser to freedom y better life for your son re programs it back!

Sometimes folks blow a persons chance to escape without realizing it or being able to go back.A Cop 👮 blew mine! So had to stay...he regretted it when I presented evidence at trial he was questioned said yes yes she didn’t check the abused box only because she thought it would get them killed I should have done more! He cried.
    Scenario I called 911 abuser hung up on the operator screaming.Then ran before they got there. They drove right past him. They gave me the paperwork a pen 🖊 said are you being abused? I asked if I check yes will you take my daughter to safety? No he said he would have to call ahead for a bed wait a few days or more for a bed to open up at an abuse shelter.Then he said what hopefully they’ve changed by now! That the abuser gets a copy of the yes checked box! Anything you write down! 😬 So I told him I check Yes you leave tell him shut the door lock it walk away pick up the baby y my body in the morning? Cop looked stunned 😧 I checked No handed it to him I hid the copy in my things used it at trial later. He almost got us killed because the department had a poorly executed abuse/abuser paperwork to tell a cop you need help. I cried Abuser said I was a good girl later.I died inside. That’s when My Daughter picked up the fight!

Amber Tx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did an extreme cardio DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Urban Rebounder Cardio DVD

Green Room this morning and then Rummikub at night.

Went to ceramics last night. Sleepy was fired, but I was so disappointed. The paint on his face cracked off so I need to repaint that part. Also, the purple on his coat and hat came out real streaky (the sample isn’t streaky at all and this is a darker color so it probably shouldn’t have streaked. I’ve used it before and it hasn’t streaked). So that means that I need to put more paint over what has already been fired, and that’s a real PITA since it’s such a smooth surface

Then played mahjongg, maj’d once. Then picked Vince up at the airport so didn’t get home until after 2

I know when I first moved to NC I felt like a fish out of water but I found the Newcomer group and that helped a lot with the transition. Now I’m involved in other things not Newcomer, but this was a great start. I’m going to try to get my friend (who lives about an hour away from me) to go to a meeting in her town. I do need to bring it up to her first….lol Update: we're going to a Mix and Mingle on Sept. 11. She agreed that she'd feel uncomfortable going alone

Amber _ many years ago I knew something was wrong. I didn’t know what, but I knew. I kept insisting on getting a BDT. The doc kept saying “we don’t recommend them for women who haven’t gone thru menopause”. Well, I think she finally ordered it to shut me up. Was she ever shocked when the test came back that I had osteoporosis! Congrats on those numbers going down!

Lisa – sounds like the police dept is on the ball. I’m so happy for you. Congrats on that gym streak. Oh, when I don’t exercise, I can definitely feel a difference in how I feel

Debbie in VA – oh no!!! Can’t your gs be registered in your district since they’re living with you?

Katla – if there is any chance of waiting, I almost always bring my tablet and read a book. Unfortunately, I forgot it last night but I played this mahjongg game on my phone. I sincerely hope everything goes well for dh.

Well, gotta run. Rummikub tonight. I’m bringing a dessert since it’ll be this woman’s last time for now.

Michele in NC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    B)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Michele NC- They kept testing my thyroid after my hair fell out in clumps lol but still wouldn’t get me a test! So bought one online did the test myself off think Amazon had it showed yup I am. Lol 😂 Doctor tested me for cancer but still wouldn’t for menopause! Sometimes we got to go over their heads. Funny part is had JR Doctor thought I was wrong about being post menopause until all the tests y Csection that looks like autopsy scars instead because same cut ...he said you were Post menopause I just don’t see how you get pregnant! Uterus inside out,placentas are deformed do not deliver nutrients to the baby,etc etc yet you do it! Lol I told him stop questioning Women y God lol 😆.
    Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :# We are updating our will and the beneficiaries on my IRA. It seemed like it would be a simple process--change/add/subtract a few names and write a check to the attorney. No such luck. Even this simple thing has taken a lot of paperwork and phone calls and we haven't even had our appointment with the attorney to go over the changes. I have such admiration for all of you who handle complex transactions like this and work full time and care for a family. I guess I've gotten too relaxed and laid back.

<3Debbie, Can't your daughter register her son for school using your address since she is living with you right now?

:) We just got an email telling us that one of our orders for tulip bulbs is on the way so it looks like we'll be back doing garden work soon.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

u can put me as a bene
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,068 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    629698byfx5lk6ls.gif
  • pipcd34
    Options
    38v1nb3c9ncd.jpeg
    caj44owo5uib.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    BarbieI helped son get new driver's license today. What a headache. The silver lining is when I go to get mine in a couple of months. I will know what paperwork I will need. I am glad I went with him because I think it helped from getting too frustrated. He is doing well considering what he went through. I could see getting this license being overwhelming for him. The amount of documentation you need to get a newer license is like applying for a passport. This was the second time we went to do this. The first time was finding out how much documentation you need. Son thought he had everything. Turns out you need two documents with your address on it. His old license didn't work because his address had changed. This is addition to social security card, Birth Certificate. Bill that only had a due date did not work. He also had to apply to get a notarized birth certificate. I was proud of him in being able to get so much together and handle the frustration of getting the license. The cost of getting one also went up $6 as of August 1. This is just the way things are these days. I have yet to see things get less complicated or less expensive.

We just went in to up date our trust and set up a trust for our son. Just like you it added to the to do list because accounts needed to be added to this and each account had its own set of paperwork plus there are at least three more things to do to finish up trust for son. You are also right to check about beneficiaries. You assume it is done but I did have an account that was not done. It was such a hassle to get it done I just decided to close the account.
    :heart: Margaret
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Margaret, Is your son's license one of the new ones that will allow him to cross the border to Canada. We have that sort of license in Washington because the border is nearby. We also have the choice to have an ordinary license that doesn't require so much documentation. We have passports so we didn't need the enhanced license.

:)<3Katla, sorry to hear that your DH didn't get the news he wanted. I hope he'll make the most of physical therapy and that you'll take the opportunity to visit your grandchildren.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

day 22 (mon-fri)
    no gym workout

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.19min, 12.8amph, 134mhr, 1.56mi= 72c
    apple watch- 60c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 52.22min, 13.6amph, 146mhr, 11.83mi= 492c
    apple watch- 488c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.36min, 144mhr, 9.18min mi, .49mi= didn't record
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.36min, 9.18min mi, .49mi= didn’t record
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.13min, 8.3amph, 146mhr, 2.50mi= 196c
    apple watch- 149c

total cal 875
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    🍁
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :# We are updating our will and the beneficiaries on my IRA. It seemed like it would be a simple process--change/add/subtract a few names and write a check to the attorney. No such luck. Even this simple thing has taken a lot of paperwork and phone calls and we haven't even had our appointment with the attorney to go over the changes. I have such admiration for all of you who handle complex transactions like this and work full time and care for a family. I guess I've gotten too relaxed and laid back.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

We've done the will thing now. Two meetings with lawyer, multiple emails over several weeks - lots of back and forth on minute details, then exchange of bank data and online payment for it all.

We're moving on to taxes now. Australia isn't really strict about that ... not like Canada. But we do need to get things up to date, and in Australia, people go to a tax accountant to do that. Apparently just very recently things have changed and people are able to do their own if it is simple and straightforward, but if there are any complications ... tax accountant. There are also a lot of deductions we can't use in Canada but can use here ... however, they take some chasing up. That's one of the reasons to use a tax accountant so that person can say, "yes, you can use that" or "nope". So that's what we're doing with our spare time now. This will involve several meetings and copious quantities of emails ... as well as a whole lot of digging through files, receipts, etc. etc. etc.

I compartmentalise in a way. My day consists of work, university, medical stuff, exercise, the project (now it's taxes), cycling stuff, whatever I'm doing for fun (website, read, photography), and sleep.

During work hours, work is the priority, but if I've got a few extra minutes here and there, university is next and then the project.

During university hours, that's the priority, but it doesn't stop me from jotting a few notes about something else in a corner of a paper during a lecture.

During medical stuff, that's the priority. Period. I'm focused then.

During exercise, that's the priority, but I'll think about what I've got to do in each category.

And I'll block evenings. One evening will be homework. The next might be the project. The next might be a cycling stuff evening. The next might be something for me ... unless I really need to do something from a higher priority category like homework.

So ... from the time I get out the door at 8:30 am ... all the way to 12:30 am at night, everything is scheduled.

That's the only way I can hope to do it all.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Regarding the weather ... in that 120 km/h gust last evening, a roof blew off one home and several others lost parts of their roofs. They successfully fought the battle to keep the windows in one building. Several trees down. Power out in several parts of the state. Flooding here and there. Yachts torn from moorings and run aground.

The storm eased slightly and it's even sunny just at the moment, but it's supposed to come back again this afternoon with snow down to a low level, hail, rain, and lots of wind. They've already had up to 70 mm of rain in many places, with lots more to come. (Our monthly average for August is 53 mm)

So I'm not going to my tutorial either. I've already told my tutor and she's OK with that. :)

Plus I've got a lot to do at work this week.

Oh, and our place is all right so far ... just a bit of rain seeping in under the doors.

M in Oz