WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Debbie I have worked in schools over 20 years. If you GS is abused the school where ever he is will by law be required to report it. Unfortunately in my twenty plus years I have seen and heard about many heartbreaking stories. If you report grandson's abuse to a teacher they will by law be required to report it. If they see signs of abuse they will be required to report it.

Changing schools in the middle of a school year can be hard of a child too. So it changing schools is a good idea this is the time to do it.

From what you shared it sounds like your daughter needs to get away from her husband and will need help to do it. It is good you are saving all the documentation as to what happened to her. If she doesn't do it for herself she could think of doing it for her child.

Prayers for all of you.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,161 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Machka: That’s a wonderful worthwhile thing you are doing. Your delivery was perfect. It’s great to put a voice to the face.

Kelly: Can I come play at your house, please. Those kids are so lucky to have you looking after them.

☘️ Terri
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    kelly do you build that space ship every year? AMAZING, CLEVER, I want to be a kid in your care too!

NYKAREN
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    BIAT (Brain Injury Association of Tasmania) asked me if I would be a part of this project ... a video resource. I thought about it for a little bit and then I agreed. My husband is part of it as well.

Go to the link: http://www.brainlink.org.au/page/125/ilc-launch-of-new-brain-injury-resources

Read through the intro and scroll down to the videos. Ours is "In the Hospital".

Machka in Oz

:) I just watched the video. Besides the fact that it was well done and full of useful information, I loved seeing you and hearing your voice.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Debby in VA

...or...online public school...
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Machka- I’m the opposite love Cous Cous grew up with a great Aunt from the Middle East y Filipino relatives both cooking jasmine rice for me lol so to me it’s memory food of times long ago at grandmas kitchen table her frying up chicken chatting with a ton of relatives coming by. I can’t stand brown rices taste! Someday maybe but still trying to get used to it.

Debby VA- Sometimes a not so good school is better. Once she’s free she could look into better school options maybe even move to an apartment near a better one. But that’s her choice hopefully she’ll find the courage not to worry what he thinks start thinking more about a better future.Great school doesn’t help when they see Mom getting hit y crying a lot.My Daughter left her school to a lesser one but her grades y knowledge flourished! Her job now wow is ones others of the Navy can’t get because she’s emotionally stable had time to deal with the trauma y learn without being afraid to sleep or talk. Walking on Egg Shells is how we both describe it now we were walking on egg shells trying to not make a sound or he would be set off. Meantime can’t get in trouble for looking up knowledge about escaping abusers to laws in VA on the computer y cell phone yours isn’t being checked by an abuser...hers is! They would see him at fault as an abuser- Not Daughter.They don’t remove the child from a Woman escaping abusers they help them. Just do what you’ve been doing she’s seeing some light hopefully now or soon she’ll fully run 🏃‍♀️ to it! In the meantime she’s seeing options that your there y helping! On her own she may not have gotten this far. Seeing a support system that will drive with you to walk into a school if she wants etc is empowering to her! When either now or soon she gets loose she knows she has a safe landing spot with options. Before doubt she knew those avenues were there with him saying I’m all you got bleep* until she believed it! Now she knows that is a lie!
    Vaseline helps with heat rash for some folks worth a try.I keep getting one have to use topical ointment from my doctor in the summer.

Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Machka That was a wonderful video.

Kelly No way! The coolest rocket ship ever!

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Debby in VA If you think the heat rash might possibly be a yeast rash (warning graphic image)
    pg94m7dlfxds.png
    , and you don't have any prescription meds, try OTC athlete's foot powder. It might help.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Karen- That’s what I keep getting in the summer! They give me a cream for it.Lol foot spray probably work too it’s what the dermatologist gives JR for yeast infections on booty ones.Until you have sprayed your sons buns with foot spray or applied cream with a big foot 🦶 on it lol you have no clue how weird it seems. Hubby gets normal rash so vasaline..my Dad sweats a lot so he uses the medicated powders.

Thankyou yes seeing measurements going down feels great! Been 2 yrs 4months to loose them y 35lbs so I’m a slow looser but it’s going!
    SW-195
    Yesterday-156.4!
    CW- 160.8 about to start period I feel the pain in my left surgical site (they took my Fallopian tube leading into my stomach funny part it’s the one getting me pregnant lol put it into my uterus through the hole 🕳 in my uterus into my stomach yes pregnant with a hole in my uterus y bad piping lol it hurts ever since during ovulation y periods!) my right side feels great but it doesn’t produce eggs so it has no reason to hurt lol.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Fun thing is take your tiny drink bottles to cereal boxes .Tape or glue them shut y screw kids on super tight with glue. Now can play more realistic grocery store. Can even spend a few more dollars for a basket to hold put them in or your cloth shopping bags! Did for both kids now cheap y a great recycling way. The clear bottles y jars can poke holes put bugs to observe then let loose or to put glitter y water in them with a little cooking oil/or baby oil.

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    M in Oz: Your brain link video is powerful and compelling. Thank you for sharing!!! I’m happy to hear that the storm has eased a bit and hope that your home remains safe and undamaged. :heart: On the subject of food, I am a big fan of brown rice. We both like to add a bit of chopped sweet peppers and green onions to it, Mushrooms, too. :star: White rice has a very high glycemic index—it turns to sugar in the body very quickly. My diabetic DH can’t handle it, so we don’t use it anymore. :noway:

Kate UK: Congrats on good medical news!!! :smiley:

KJ: I love your egg carton space station. WOW!!! :bigsmile:

Debby in VA: I had a student years ago who had huge family challenges. The eighth-grade classrooms were not happy places for her because of social problems so she stayed home and went to online school. I saw her again a year or two later, back in school at the high school level and thriving. :star:

(((Carol in GA))): I hope you find a way to celebrate your 50th Wedding Anniversary that doesn’t add to your stress. Our 50th will be next March. We have ideas for the occasion and hope that they can come true without creating a load of stress. :heart:

Amber: Successful weight loss is slow. Peter Rabbit never wins the race because he is too distracted. The tortoise wins. Slow and steady wins the race and also weight loss success. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Happy 70th! Mine was perfect. DS paid a surprise visit & that was the best gift of all. We had a meal out, went to an automobile destruction derby at the county fair and had chocolate cake. It was sweet and simple. I hope you can convince your DDIL that you’d prefer a low key celebration. :heart:

Michele: Thanks for your sympathy for DH. I am relieved that there won’t be a surgery and I think he is relieved, too. He’s been through three surgeries already and none was easy to heal from. The surgeon encouraged him to go to physical therapy, get exercise, and take pain medications as needed. He also put in a good word for yoga. The doctor’s advice ratcheted both of our stress down dramatically. :star:

It is time to take the dog to the groomer. Have a great day!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather There's still time to have a heart-to-heart with your daughter-in-law to cancel the lunch and a phone conversation with your son to reschedule his visit...I'm encouraging you to be politely assertive! :)