WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Rori It all looks very smart. :D Nice colour.
    Wish we could get some decorating done. :( For me it's either holiday or house. The holiday won.

Recovering now, and I've got through the rest of the day without binge eating. Hooray! I put so much energy into my visitors I wear myself out.

DH back from the cricket. They had quite a bit of rain, but some play as well.

I'm meeting my Portsmouth friend for lunch tomorrow in Brighton.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)Rori, what an amazing transformation.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Debby VA I'm so glad your daughter & grandson are staying with you now!

Rori I really like that bathroom renovation. Everything looks modern & inviting.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Just measured my neck to waist they all went down to smaller numbers! Still hard to truthfully measure my hips span darn Csection shelf gets in the way lol so I measure it as my hips too lol 😂 might as well pants don’t know the difference between my hips y Csection belly their all in the way of the buttoning no matter what lol.
    Not measuring for a long time again now .Takes forever for the number to drop. Go to progress to see weight graph pop down where it says weight shows neck measurements to hip so you record there.
    Amber Tx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    658714qfxnkem984.gif
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Margaret y Lisa tempting to let them charge past $500 to give them a felony isn’t it. Sits watches it go up $501.37 GOT YOU!!
    Amber Tx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Evening ladies.. long day.. im.in bed.. gonna run some errands tomorrow after feeding my DFIL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    stats for the day:

day 21 (mon-fri)
    no gym workout

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.24min, 12.7amph, 130mhr, 1.56mi= 68c
    apple watch- 61c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 50.15min, 14.1amph, 143mhr, 11.83mi= 483c
    apple watch- 428c
    jog station 2 wrk- 5.36min, 144mhr, 10.57min mi, .51mi= 69c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 5.33min, 10.03min mi, 145mhr, .45mi= 61c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.21min, 8.4amph, 152mhr, 2.56mi= 196c
    apple watch- 148c

total cal 877
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    Lisa in AR -good perspective on the wallet loss. I also get that third voice on the left side of my head. Thankfully it doesn’t (usually) speak out loud!

Heather UK – your visit sounds great. Nice picture!

Kate– welcome!

Rori -nice bathroom remodel. A couple of years before my husband died we redid ours with a walk in shower (got rid of the tub). It's a smaller 1950s bathroom, but the shower made a huge difference. I was very glad to have it as my hips got worse and after the replacements. Put a portable shower chair in there and it was a real life saver.

Had good Monday. Took time to clean out some piles in my office. Going to spend another couple of hours on it tomorrow. Due to the hectic year, it had gotten out of hand. Need to get organized before budget season starts.

Got some bike time this am, walk at lunch and small weight/stretching tonight. All around successful day.

Have a good rest of the evening all.

Ginny in Ohio
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Rori - Love the bathroom!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited August 2019
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Finally, here are some early photos taken of the finished room.
    sazf8s1ag22n.jpg
    ks24p0pjl8qo.jpg

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Very Nice!!

The only change I think I would make is to install a handrail outside the shower on the wall under the towel rack to assist with stepping in and out of the shower.

I'd love to be able to renovate our bathroom/toilet room to make it safer and more accessible ... but we rent. We've had several people in (Occupational Therapists, etc.) looking at our setup and none of them really like our bathroom, but we can't do anything about it.

All the OTs have suggested that we ask our landlord to do a major bathroom/toilet room reno, and that if we propose it with, "The place will be even more desirable and you'll be able to ask more money", then they're sure to go for it!! Yes, but .................. the place is rented to US for an amount of money WE are happy to pay. We don't want them to put it on the market for an extra $50/week or whatever!! <<sigh>>

So the most I've done is to get fuzzy bathmats to drape over the tub and put on the floor in front of the shower to cushion the area just in case there's a fall. :neutral:

Machka in Oz
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Katla- sending good wishes for your DH’s visit to surgeon. The waiting is so hard.
    Rori- your new bath looks lovely. Love the color of the walls. I don’t think we can age in place as we have too much lawn and DH thinks he has to do all the yard work. I am quite happy to have a housekeeper twice a month.
    Terri- loved the video of the wedding. It as very well Don.
    Still soooo hot. Can’t do much at all because it makes me feel so tired.
    Getting late so better get to bed.
    Suebdew in TX. 103 with heat index if 108 today.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Rori, great job on the bath! Even the cat looks proud like she did all the work! Haha!
    💖Rebecca
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Ridiculously crazy hot here. I think our heat index was about 105F. The first day of the fall semester went well where I teach. I have my returning sophomores tomorrow. Hoping for a great day with them too.

I seriously need to get to the gym. Crazy busy with the start of school, but I think we will calm into a routine soon. I just need the gym for some “me” time.

Connie in KY