<3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Amber – we know our bodies better than any doctor. Doctors take care of multiple patients, and every patient is different. We know ourselves better than them. Sometimes it makes me wonder why go to a doctor, why not tell them what’s wrong and how to treat it? But then there are times when we just don’t know all the medical facts (only there are times when doctors aren’t aware of the most up to date procedures)

Katla – I’m so sorry that the doctor doesn’t recommend surgery for your husband

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Cous Cous is a breaded rice

Cous Cous is actually a pasta made from durum wheat.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/25207/san-remo-cous-cous-medium-grain

Unfortunately, it tends to be a bit higher in calories than something like brown rice but despite the high calorie count, I find it less filling. I like it ... but it isn't worth my calories. :neutral:

Cous Cous - 100 grams - 1530 kJ

Brown Rice - 100 grams - 717 kJ

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/360351/woolworths-microwave-brown-rice

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Just skimmin' only up to pg 60, but had to say Thank YOU! To Tracey for sharing that wedding video. Warmed my heart and misted my eyes.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for August: gratitude.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Barbie I learned today you can use the enhanced license with a car to go into Canada and Mexico, but not for flying. He got what is called a Real license that you can use for flights in US. You still need all the documents for that one. An enhanced license is another $14. He didn't think the Enhanced was worth it. Things have changed in the three years since I got mine. I will have to go through this process in a couple of months. Our DMV is having all kinds of problems here when they switched the computer system a couple of years ago. Learning we are living in a time where patience is key.

Mint is a perennial here and dies back in the winter. Still it does spread like a weed, so i do pull out what I don't want. I can see where it would be problem in a warmer climate.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Although I don't log as much as I should, I've got a pretty good idea how many calories I'm consuming ... at least up till dinner time. Dinner time does kind of depend on what my husband decides to make. :)

11:45 am snack - crackers & cheese - 100 cals

2:00 pm lunch - rice, chicken, veg - 337 cals

3:30 pm snack - yogurt (175 grams) - 73 cals

4:30 pm snack - either apple (or other fruit) or crackers & cheese - 100 cals

Sub-total: 610 cals

7:00 pm dinner - lots of veg + something else - usually about 400 cals, but occasionally more. Once in a while even as much as 700 cal!

Sub-total: 1010 cals

And then a couple evening snacks around 8:30 pm and 11 pm. :) These might depend on how much exercise I've done and how many calories I've got to work with.

Also occasionally, if I'm feeling really hungry during the day, there might be an extra crackers & cheese or something.

This works for me ... most of the time. :)

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies 💐💐!The elementary school that’s just 2 minutes from my house has Really gone downhill since my children went there,so that’s not an option.There is a school that will be on her way to her New job(if he doesn’t make her lose it),but she’d have to get a waiver and she’s not sure she’d get one.I think she’s afraid of making him angry and that’s why she’s reluctant to change schools.I worry if I step in that it could make things worse for them.Around here you really can’t speak to anyone “off the record “.
    The heat and humidity have been terrible-my heat rash is back with a vengeance.Witch hazel is the only thing I’ve found to dry it without drying too much.
    Mint-I grow chocolate mint and just mint.I use both in my nutriblast I the morning. I use cinnamon oil and water for snakes and ants and we’ve had an abundance of both this year.Prayers,hugs,live❤️,and so much gratitude for y’all.
    Debby In Va
  • Machka9
    Options
    For your interest ...

New advice from the Heart Foundation on meat, dairy and eggs
    https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/news/new-advice-from-the-heart-foundation-on-meat-dairy-and-eggs

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    ////
  • Machka9
    Options
    The heat and humidity have been terrible-my heat rash is back with a vengeance.Witch hazel is the only thing I’ve found to dry it without drying too much.
    Debby In Va

Try those gel ice packs. I found they helped me when I've had heat rash. No lotions or anything, just clean skin and ice packs.

Also most sunscreen is really horrible ... I'd put it on, go cycling, and break out in the most terrible heat rashes. Until I discovered Neutrogena Dry-Touch Sunscreen. It was OK.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited August 2019
    Options
    BIAT (Brain Injury Association of Tasmania) asked me if I would be a part of this project ... a video resource. I thought about it for a little bit and then I agreed. My husband is part of it as well.

Go to the link: http://www.brainlink.org.au/page/125/ilc-launch-of-new-brain-injury-resources

Read through the intro and scroll down to the videos. Ours is "In the Hospital".

Machka in Oz