WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Grateful:

café
    breakfast food I quite enjoy
    2 mostly reasonably-priced organic supermarkets across the street with nice, sweet personnelle
    rather pleasant drink w friend yesterday
    was able to walk 30 rt to get x-ray w out big problem
    standard lung x-ray (standard check up here) is 100% fine
    not too hot today
    insurance
    quiet
    right leg and foot are doing very well
    coconut water
    discovered maple water (sap)
    space in living-room area for painting
    digestion is fine
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Feeling a bit off-kilter this morning. I don't know why. Slept well, was a little groggy getting up. I tend to be more of a morning person, but am also happy when I get a decent and easy night's sleep.

I was a bit stressed so ate some fruit yesterday evening : 2 bananas and 200g of grapes. (plus a glass of wine)

I was quite low carb during the day but went up ont he carbs in the evening.

I think sometimes when I have a lot of carbs late in the day I feel groggy the next day.

Does anyone get that?

On the phone the doctor says I definitely have to do a reeducation (physical therapy) for the meniscus tear. (no operation as was the irm doctor said).

I feel a bit frozen (emotionally) in some areas.

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    B)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Heather brave woman! Good for you launching into the new Word program.

Packed a delightful spinach salad with grilled salmon and two oranges for lunch. I also have walnuts and some dark chocolate for emergency calm down snack if I am stressing out afterwards! I can do this!!

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    @Machka9 it seems unfair that people on long term worker's comp can't travel to see family. are exceptions made on request?

He's supposed to be available for work or interviews or medical appointments ordered by the insurers or anything else the insurers want him to do 24/7. That's one of the rules. No weekends. No stat holidays. No leave.

However ... his main doctor has ordered that he can only work a very limited period of time each week because of his injury. So we do have a little bit of freedom. We can go somewhere within driving distance on the weekend when there aren't likely to be any medical appointments or other things.

People are rarely on long term worker's comp ... most lop off a finger, twist an ankle, break a wrist or do their backs and they're back in business in a few weeks. So they make the law with those people in mind ... to make going back to work the better option. :|

So at this point ... no exceptions.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    Heather: Bravo! The same thing happens when I get a new computer or get one serviced. It’s all the clandestine rubbish (cookies and suchlike) which ends up on our computers which slows them down.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited August 2019
    Lanette ~ Glad to hear that you are doing well! Sorry to hear about the allergy due to the bandage.

Allie ~ Take deep breaths. Your reunions will probably go great because you are good at planning and participating.

Heather ~ Congrats on downloading Office.

Machka ~ Love the photos of the scenery you get to enjoy.

Karen NY ~ Wishing a successful new school year for you.

Karen VA ~ Your grandson is so lucky to have you as his champion.

Someone is using the WOO button...many think it is not a happy button to use.

Carol in GA

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Good morning ladies. Hopping in the shower then off to Orthodontic Surgeon's appointment.

Love you my friends
    Janetr OKC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Janet ~ Good luck at your appointment and hope they can fix your knee without major surgery.
  • Machka9
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Someone is using the WOO button...many think it is not a happy button to use.

Carol in GA

Yeah, it's not a good thing.

It is supposed to be replaced with Disagree soon.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759847/woo-be-gone#latest

• Machka9
    edited August 2019
    I'm venturing into VBA programming for my assignment. I had to think when the last time I used VBA was ... 2013. Time flies!! And never with Power Point.

But I'm slogging along, some of it is coming back, and it's probably a good review.

It's either this or put it into Wordpress ... also a tempting option, and I may do that for the final product.

On the work front, I'm pleased to report my SQL programming is gradually getting slightly better. :)

I learn programming languages like I learn other languages ... I can usually read and understand them well before I can actually use them.

Not sure why, but I feel like I could sit down and eat a massive meal right now. But no.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    1q1ska50778c.jpeg
    cyh6vmkz9xr3.jpeg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    B)<3:)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    lnjj1s6b4jkn.jpeg
    Terri- Were 4sizes ahead at the moment. Lol If yours is 6” at 16 what’s JR going to be ? Lol my nefew is 6” only 9yrs old. This runs in the family men’s side only the Women very short I’m Luckily 5”4 I’m one of the tallest ones. Men well range from 6ft-8ft tall. Women 4ft-5”6. We have dwarfism y gigantism in our family tree. It’s only on 2 relative sides we married into the Hogan clan their shorter men it’s balanced us out some so Sometimes a guy gets to be shorter but rarely. (Yes Ben Hogan a distant Cousin met him at family reunion when I was young I bragged about putt putt golf how great I was lol I was too young to understand what a pro golfer was “embarrassing moments of our youth” luckily he just ate a peach 🍑 laughed said wow your better than me! Gonna give me some pointers? Then let me show him with a stick lol 😂) He was short all the Hogan men are. Normal like JR to have a protruding forehead .
    iqj9dblesr03.jpeg
    dtcirnldt204.jpeg
    e9tud9mjh92m.jpeg

This is Gigantism (Doctor y us think JR has it genetic we watch calories y stay active allowing over eating hurts them! Same with Dwarfism too inactive with too many calories can cause surgeries that would not have been necessary).
    https://youtu.be/r25oVcvsQnw

Amber Tx
  • AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    Health and workout post :) I go to the gym 5 days a week, with a trainer M/W/F and just cardio on T/TH. Then on Saturday, we go for a long bike ride. Tucson has a Loop that circumnavigates the city and we would really like to ride the full thing, which would be approximately 58 miles, including the 2 miles from our house. So far, the farthest we have ridden is 38 miles, and that was last year. This year has been one full of medical issues for me, starting with a kidney infection in January, followed by vein ablations, foot surgery and a diagnosis of arthritis in my neck and shoulders. But the workouts are so good, the arthritis pain is very manageable now, my foot is finally recovering, I need a third ablation and am waiting on insurance approval, but I'm back to my normal routines.

My hardest part is creating meals for us that fit in my macros and calories. My husband will be meeting with the nutritionist next month so we have a better idea of what he needs as well. Sometimes, I feel like a short-order cook! And do you know how difficult it is to make interesting, yummy meals that fit macros and calories?? I look at recipes and get frustrated that there is no nutritional information. I know I can enter them into MFP, and often do, but I'd really like it if I could just glance at a recipe and know if it is worth it or not! Ah well.

Oh, and I am having a bit of a non-scale victory - my undies are getting loose, even if my weight isn't moving much :) Might be time soon to go shopping for new ones!

And to the lady who's a fan of that college that shall not be named - Lori I think it is? That's ok :) I live in the heart of Wildcat country now (Tucson, AZ) and trust me the rivalry between University of Arizona and Arizona State is INTENSE! Funny aside - my niece and her husband lived in Columbus until very recently. Her husband played football for all four years of college for, get this - Pitt! He hung a flag out every football season. Talk about being a fish out of the water!