Can u eat unlimited fat as long as u hit your calorie goal?

Options

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Well.... yes you could. I was speaking to a researcher. They told me keto was pretty safe, but there is SOME question about insulin sensitivity issues long term. Jury is still out.

It seems unwise to adopt a diet for which the "jury is still out" when all you have to do is eat balanced meals and stay in a calorie deficit to lose weight.

I fear a lot of otherwise very sensible, smart people are putting themselves in harm's way for nothing. The human body was not designed to live off 70 % fat.

Well, we dont have much long term data on the effects of keto on humans. We do in rats. Rats do fine, B@stards stay lean as weasels. Problem is, rats dont develop the same coronary issues as humans. As far as the human body not designed for 70% fat? Humans are more like a flex fuel car, we can run on anything as long as calories are equated. Optimally, maybe not.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Well.... yes you could. I was speaking to a researcher. They told me keto was pretty safe, but there is SOME question about insulin sensitivity issues long term. Jury is still out.

It seems unwise to adopt a diet for which the "jury is still out" when all you have to do is eat balanced meals and stay in a calorie deficit to lose weight.

I fear a lot of otherwise very sensible, smart people are putting themselves in harm's way for nothing. The human body was not designed to live off 70 % fat.

Well, we dont have much long term data on the effects of keto on humans. We do in rats. Rats do fine, B@stards stay lean as weasels. Problem is, rats dont develop the same coronary issues as humans. As far as the human body not designed for 70% fat? Humans are more like a flex fuel car, we can run on anything as long as calories are equated. Optimally, maybe not.

And to add, rats don't live nearly as long as humans do.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yes but make sure you still get your proper nutrients as best you can.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

And to add, rats don't live nearly as long as humans do.

True, but people have a "thing" about clinical testing on higher level primates. I personally don't get it. 🤷‍♂️ Then again, I am evil. Soooo... welll.. yeah
  • MamboRumba
    MamboRumba Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    All that cheese is gonna cause constipation! Cheese is salty, too. You are gonna get cellulite.
  • erinlane93
    erinlane93 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    joowelz wrote: »
    Can you eat unlimited animal fat as long as you hit your daily calorie goal - and lose weight?

Eat whatever you want, if you’re in a calorie deficit you’ll loose weight.

• Hannahwalksfar
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    PS - a chicken is a fowl - neither a mammal nor a reptile.

However, it does have warm blood. I know, I've killed them before. The blood is very warm.

Blood being warm isn’t synonymous with being warm-blooded. I assume you’re joking. Endothermic versus ectothermic.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

However, it does have warm blood. I know, I've killed them before. The blood is very warm.

Blood being warm isn’t synonymous with being warm-blooded. I assume you’re joking. Endothermic versus ectothermic.

Have you ever held a reptile?
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Options

Have you ever held a reptile?

Well, considering my old career it would be strange if I hadn’t.