Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,393 Member
    Options
    Have a good weekend everyone!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    @annliz23 Thanks very much. Same to you too.
  • TurnThePage55
    TurnThePage55 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been sitting on the sidelines and not really putting much effort into anything for most of this year. Now it's winding down and I've managed to reach none of my Summer goals. I started anew yesterday, made a chart of my goals for the next three months, charged up my Fitbit, tracked my meals, and have a meeting with a personal trainer on Monday that gives me full access to a very nice gym for 8 weeks that my insurance coverage will pay for. I went shopping and bought a battery for my neglected food scale, and a new pair of walking shoes. The trick now is to maintain this mindset and take this seriously.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I was MIA for about three months, now back again at it- one day at a time! Blessings all
  • annliz23
    Options
    I've been sitting on the sidelines and not really putting much effort into anything for most of this year. Now it's winding down and I've managed to reach none of my Summer goals. I started anew yesterday, made a chart of my goals for the next three months, charged up my Fitbit, tracked my meals, and have a meeting with a personal trainer on Monday that gives me full access to a very nice gym for 8 weeks that my insurance coverage will pay for. I went shopping and bought a battery for my neglected food scale, and a new pair of walking shoes. The trick now is to maintain this mindset and take this seriously.

A great plan!
  • zinnwithme
    zinnwithme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Naomi here in California, I'm in we can do this. Accountability and support is key. Looking forward to hearing all our success stories.
  • zinnwithme
    zinnwithme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Slider, walking is a great suggestion. Also consider just sitting in a chair and lifting a weight ball or water jugs or start with resistant bands.
    Remember to always stretch.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    Options
    Hello everybody! Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the Holiday weekend.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Have a great weekend, everybody!
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Betty here :) Hope ya'll are doing well on your health journeys or at least still fighting the good fight B)
    Thought I'd leave an update on myself here since I reached and passed a goal recently. I wanted desperately to get out of the 400lbs range and happily did this last week :D Now on to my next goal :)

My Starting Over Weight: 499lbs on Mar 14, 2019
    My Final Weight Goal: 150lbs
    The Next Milestone I'm Most Looking Forward To Reaching: under 350lbs
    My Current Weight: 398lbs on Aug 30, 2019
    My Total Loss So Far: 101lbs in 5-1/2 months

My routine is eating below all goals and keeping a good deficit. I strive to make my day's percentages balance out as 45% or more proteins, 30% or so carbs, and 25% or less fats...making sure to keep those fats as my lowest macro. I also pay close attention to my sodium and sugar intake. Those goals are there for a reason, people. If you constantly run over on the sodium then you may have fluid retention which means extra pounds. Not fun!! I'm dealing with arthritis in my back, hip, and knees, so this has left me with lots of bone and joints pain. I hope as I continue to lose more I will be able to eventually start to exercise for those wonderful burns once again B)
  • ellenecoxcox75
    Options
    Great job Betty! Keep up the good work, have a great Holiday, bye from Colorado!
  • andyp9893
    andyp9893 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this group is still on the go. But I'm joining
  • KIKITVP
    KIKITVP Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Lost 45lbs a few years ago. Suffered a bad burnout last year and ... well, you know!
    Back at it.
    CW: 167.6
    GW: 150 by Christmas.
    Good luck everyone!
  • tadey123
    tadey123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 49 1/2 y/o nurse & mom/ of two (7 & 8 year olds). Want to loose 40 lbs and get my energy back o keep up w/ my kids.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    andyp9893 wrote: »
    Not sure if this group is still on the go. But I'm joining

Yes, this group is still active. Welcome!

Just back from the morning workout. Breakfast time!
  • fighting4k
    fighting4k Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All :) Soon to be 54 and would love some new friends to help me along on this journey. Been here on and off and trying to stay accountable to myself. Gained and lost along the way. Hopefully can keep the lost ratio going. Feel free to add. Happy Tuesday - kick some goal bootay today!
  • Jeffrey_Restart
    Options
    Looking for friends on a restart. Turning 53 this month. Lost 85 lbs about starting in 2014 and two years ago slowly fell into old habits. I've regained about half of it back so need to restart myself again. Looking for friends here!
  • KIKITVP
    Options
    BettJo64 wrote: »
    Betty here :) Hope ya'll are doing well on your health journeys or at least still fighting the good fight B)
    Thought I'd leave an update on myself here since I reached and passed a goal recently. I wanted desperately to get out of the 400lbs range and happily did this last week :D Now on to my next goal :)

My routine is eating below all goals and keeping a good deficit. I strive to make my day's percentages balance out as 45% or more proteins, 30% or so carbs, and 25% or less fats...making sure to keep those fats as my lowest macro. I also pay close attention to my sodium and sugar intake. Those goals are there for a reason, people. If you constantly run over on the sodium then you may have fluid retention which means extra pounds. Not fun!! I'm dealing with arthritis in my back, hip, and knees, so this has left me with lots of bone and joints pain. I hope as I continue to lose more I will be able to eventually start to exercise for those wonderful burns once again B)

You are doing great!!! Keep it up!!
  • KIKITVP
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Original SW: 195 on 1 November 2015
    SW: 172 on 15 August 2019
    GW: 150
    Next milestone: 165
    CW: 167.2 today
    Loss so far: 4.8 lbs in 19 days.
  • annliz23
    Options
    BettJo64 wrote: »

Betty your doing amazingly well.