Women 200lb+, Let's Have an Amazing August!!!

Options

Replies

• NanLose80
    NanLose80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    perica786 wrote: »
    So does anyone else here struggle with NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) and is trying to heal it through diet and exercise?
    May May I ask what the symptoms are of this?
  • NanLose80
    Options
    Hi everyone this is my first time participating in the community forums.

SW: 245
    CW: 234
    GW: 170

My short term goals are just to establish a fitness routine without a gym since I can’t afford a membership yet. Also drink more water.

• NanLose80
    Options
    Hi I was in similiar boat....I started just by walking & riding my bike.I know some gyms offer financial assistance like Ymca. How are you doing we started off same weight!
  • davisagolding
    davisagolding Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    Today is my last weigh in for the month. Flying to Boston to drop off my baby girl at college (!) so no access to a scale until I get back. These were my goals:
    SW: 285
    CW: 262.7
    GW: 185

Goals for the month of August:
    Log every day - including water! - Done 100%
    Get minimum 10,000 steps a day - Done 100%
    Lose 10 lbs - done 100% - Lost 12.1 pounds!
    CW: 250.6

I look forward to setting new goals in September. It works if you work it!!

Congratulations!!!! Sept coming
  • mamaofscj
    mamaofscj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had a good start to August - evening walks, drinking loads of water, eating better and logging faithfully. I wasnt feeling bloated and was feeling comfortable in my clothes.

Then after 2 weeks, I started to slack here and there, but not too bad. I thought the scale would have been friendly, but it hasn't been. The small cheats really do make the difference and not working out is really not helping.

Needing motivation.
  • davisagolding
    davisagolding Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    mamaofscj wrote: »
    I had a good start to August - evening walks, drinking loads of water, eating better and logging faithfully. I wasnt feeling bloated and was feeling comfortable in my clothes.

Then after 2 weeks, I started to slack here and there, but not too bad. I thought the scale would have been friendly, but it hasn't been. The small cheats really do make the difference and not working out is really not helping.

Needing motivation.

I just joined a challenge group.... FALL WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE 2019 (SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER) A Continuation .... it starts on the 2nd of sept. But I'll start mine on Saturday since it's my weigh in day already. Come join. Looks great 😀
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Still losing! Very slowly (thanks hormones, I appreciate it). Should kick back up soon.
    Staying motivated, staying under calories.
    Add me!
  • theskyereport3
    theskyereport3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello I go by the name Skye. :D My SW: 223 pounds, My current weight is 210, my goal weight is 125. I know that I can do this and I am really motivated. It is so nice to be a member of a group like this. ;) I know we will make it up the hill togther obe step at a time....blessings!!! o:)o:)o:)
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

HW 242 (June 2018)
    CW 198.8-203 (July 2019) - 202 as of this am. (5 lbs less than my July 01 weigh-in)
    GW for August is 194

August Goals: Work on stress management which can be a trigger for eating, continue to log, check in with nutrition coach.
    10 day mini boot camp 05 August to 15 August - means uptick in workouts each week and significantly increasing my seafood substitution, and more veggies, being on the lower end of calories in my range. Complete at least one marathon water jogging session by 18 August (3 hours).
    Increase early to bed nights on Tues and Thursdays.
    Try not to get emotionally hijacked and control what I can control.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August Update:
    HW 242 (June 2018)
    CW 197-199 - 197 this am. (5lbs less than my August 01 weigh-in)
    GW for August was not met, but is trending downward slowly and I'm in Onederland, so I will take the win.
    Did not do the mini bootcamp or the marathon because August was an extraordinarily difficult month because of family member issues that I had to deal with. I did get emotionally hijacked - and it was somewhat unavoidable, so I've decided to focus on response and recovery from hijacking...I have a weekly health-coach call, and have been sticking with that.
    Total Weight Loss is 45 lbs since June 2018, and 39 lbs since I started in November 2018. This month my colleagues started noticing and commenting ((GRIN))

gq3aijp1mbat.jpg
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    SW: 263
    SW August: 242.3
    CW: 232.8
    GW: 180 (maybe less?)

one last update for the month, since I reached 30 lbs lost overall! woohoo! it's crazy that this weightless thing is working. why didn't I do this sooner? :/

down 9.5 lbs for the month, which is slightly above my 2 lbs/week goal, but it's roughly 1%/week so I'm not worried.

August has been great for bike riding! I've got some fun routes planned for the weekend and I've been loving my new bike. here's to September being a great month for everyone!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    NanLose80 wrote: »
    So does anyone else here struggle with NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) and is trying to heal it through diet and exercise?
    May May I ask what the symptoms are of this?

Generally, there are no symptoms, it is discovered through testing. The testing is often done for diabetics on an annual basism However, the reason I had the testing done when I did was because I was complaining about a slight ache in the liver area. Turns out, that is probably due to an unrelated cyst found during my ultrasound.

I was diagnosed in February, and as of this week my liver function tests are normal. Honestly, that is only about 3 months of working on diet AND exercise, as I hurt my back around the time of diagnosis and ate fast food and slept all day for awhile. I am only a couple of pounds into the obese category now and have my blood sugar under control, as well.

My diet is quite low carb, but the carbs I choose are full of fiber. Although my daily diet looks a lot like keto, I am not strict about it. As a diabetic, I let my fasting blood sugar numbers decide how strict. If a night out sends my fasting blood sugar above 100, I eat keto for a few days, but as soon as it is under control, I eat slightly higher carb levels.

I consider exercise an integral part of my treatment plan. I started out with a goal to do 20 minutes a day, and recently upped that to 30 minutes a day. Honestly, I often get 60-90 minutes in. Even on yoga days, I do some cardio.
  • Smiles1952
    Smiles1952 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. This is my first time participating with your group.

SW: 244 6/18/19
    CW: 230
    GW: 160

My short term goals:

Do not obsess over the scale. Weigh on Monday morning only! Enjoy the non scale victories (NSV).
    Log my food daily.
    Aerobic exercise 5 times a week and reformer pilates 2 times per week.
    Weigh 225 by August 31.

August 15 - 226
    August 20 - 224
    August 30 - 223

August was a challenge with a good ending. I met my goal plus a couple of pounds. I had a week trip to Spain and a lovely wedding. I am still obsessing over the scale, I logged my food daily, did aerobic exercise 5 times a week, reformer pilates 1-2 times per week. I have now lost over 20 lbs and feel so much better. I did so much walking in Spain without pain or slowing up my husband. I can go up/down stairs without holding onto the banister. 2 month ago I would pull my self up.

I greatly appreciated this challenge. It kept me accountable and is nice to look back at my progress.
  • gunnigal
    gunnigal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    SW: 241
    CW: 227.4
    GW: 200

I have been doing this since July and managed to lose a grand total of 2.5 pounds in August. This is more than a little disappointing, but I am trying not to get discouraged. It's always been hard for me to lose weight because I'm an emotional eater, and this month has been very emotional. I'm just trying to power through, but any support or encouragement would be appreciated.

Monday will be my 10 year anniversary with my husband, and when we met I was 198. He is still attracted to me, but I miss my old body. I've had a baby since then, plus I'm nearly 40, and I am struggling. Still, I guess 2.5 pounds is better than nothing?
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I've just posted next month's group in the Motivation and Support forum:

🍁🍂🍁Women 200lb+, Let's Soar This September!!!🍂🍁🍂

Hope to see you all over there!