McDonald's

Options

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I don’t think I had food poisoning. I think I had just not eaten anything but complete whole foods for so long that my system just spun out

That was food poisoning. It happens.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I would think the calorie numbers on their website would be pretty accurate. They really control their products, it isn’t like that day’s cook is going to give you a larger portion or double cheese or anything.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    People should get a chance to work in a kitchen. Especially a fast food one. Very few home cooks have a fraction of the cleanliness of a McD kitchen. Usually it is not possible because the typical kitchen lacks floor drains, high temperature dishwashers, disposables, and stainless steel counters. Appliances are not elevated and cabinetry meets the floor surfaces.
    If you go to a neighbors for dinner or god forbid a pot luck some place, or a church open house, you are probably 1000 times more likely to encounter some pernicious organisms.

Exactly this.... 100% this!

The kitchen may be clean, but not always the employees. It's still garbage food.

Cool story bro.

Same with you bro.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I don’t think I had food poisoning. I think I had just not eaten anything but complete whole foods for so long that my system just spun out

Where did you get your medical degree?
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options

The internet... isn't that where everyone gets theirs? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Well, I got mine in real life. It may focus on animals and have no bearing on the subject at hand but where was I?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

The internet... isn't that where everyone gets theirs? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Well, I got mine in real life. It may focus on animals and have no bearing on the subject at hand but where was I?

Well I hope chicken doesn't make you sick again. Food borne illnesses are no fun at all.
  • nighthawk584
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I attempted to have a grilled chicken burger no sauce, bacon or cheese and was still violently ill 30 mins after. Shane because I loved the taste haha

yet another reason to stay away from fast food. hope you are feeling better.

Because you can only get food poisoning from fast food... 🙄🤔🤦🏼‍♀️ :noway:

I never said that...but by all means eat at your own risk. I know some people are so mad when anyone says anything negative about fast food on these boards. It's amazing! Do you all work in the industry? HAHA! It's garbage food and killing a lot of people and almost killed me because of my addiction to it.

There is a big difference between recognizing you have a problem and assuming everyone else does, or acting irrationally because of a bad personal experience and fearmongering. There is also a difference between understanding the source of disagreement (which has little to do with fast food, by the way) and conspiracy theories.

Fast food is not uniquely dangerous or is somehow dirtier than other food. You just had a bad experience and it's not unappealing to you, which is fine. It's also not uniquely addictive, you just had issues moderating it, and choosing to stop eating it is perfectly okay if it solved all your overeating problem. It's just convenient and we're creatures of habit. I don't have the habit of fast food, so it has no "addictive" effects on me, it's just something I eat occasionally when I feel like it.

all well and good but since the 1970's obesity rates have soared like never before, with over 60 % of all Americans being obese to morbidly obese now. What is the one thing that changed? The rise of "convenient" fast food establishments. This isn't fear mongering, it's an epidemic.
  • nighthawk584
    Options
    I attempted to have a grilled chicken burger no sauce, bacon or cheese and was still violently ill 30 mins after. Shane because I loved the taste haha

I never said that...but by all means eat at your own risk. I know some people are so mad when anyone says anything negative about fast food on these boards. It's amazing! Do you all work in the industry? HAHA! It's garbage food and killing a lot of people and almost killed me because of my addiction to it.

There is a big difference between recognizing you have a problem and assuming everyone else does, or acting irrationally because of a bad personal experience and fearmongering. There is also a difference between understanding the source of disagreement (which has little to do with fast food, by the way) and conspiracy theories.

Fast food is not uniquely dangerous or is somehow dirtier than other food. You just had a bad experience and it's not unappealing to you, which is fine. It's also not uniquely addictive, you just had issues moderating it, and choosing to stop eating it is perfectly okay if it solved all your overeating problem. It's just convenient and we're creatures of habit. I don't have the habit of fast food, so it has no "addictive" effects on me, it's just something I eat occasionally when I feel like it.

all well and good but since the 1970's obesity rates have soared like never before, with over 60 % of all Americans being obese now. What is the one thing that changed? The rise of "convenient" fast food establishments. This isn't fear mongering, it's an epidemic.

83.6% of stats are made up on the spot.

ok, whatever you say. Go have your double whopper. :)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

all well and good but since the 1970's obesity rates have soared like never before, with over 60 % of all Americans being obese now. What is the one thing that changed? The rise of "convenient" fast food establishments. This isn't fear mongering, it's an epidemic.

I'm thinking of a double double instead today.... oh wait we don't have In and Out here. I'll have some Mcnuggets instead. The thread does say McDonald's after all. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    hmhill17 wrote: »
    So I've read through various posts that say McDonald's should be a 4 letter word on this site. I know it's not a good choice in general. Taking my son and his friend there anyway. Does anyone know how accurate the nutrition calculator on the site is? The bacon chicken ranch salad without the bacon or cheese looks like a pretty awesome option, other than being a little high on the sodium for someone with high blood pressure. The 200 calories (with dressing) and 30g of protein sound pretty awesome though.
    That's assuming I can ignore my desire for fries...

If you are ok with McDonald's (or any other place), why would you worry about what others think? And if you are not ok to eat there for yourself, why would you let your child eat there? If it is ok for your kid, it is ok for you, right? What others hate or love, it is their problem.
  • Powerclean2deadlift
    Options

God forbid you have an opinion.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Obesity trends are very interesting. Food bureaucrats like to impose their views on everyone else. "Don't eat fast food, it is making you fat." Etc.

But, a thoughtful approach to this reveals an entirely different picture. California is, as usual the canary in the coal mine.

Despite California s being the epicenter of fast food since the 60's (CA had FF restaurants in every neighborhood before West Virginians ever saw their first one) California's obesity rate has trended as follows:

California's adult obesity rate is currently 25.1%, up from 18.7% in 2000 and from 9.9% in 1990.

Think about that for a minute and see if one can attribute the change to fast food.

PS, ignore the above claim about 60% of Americans being "obese or morbidly obese." Its an error by the poster.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have McDonald's at least once a week. Keeps me sane since I've been eating it since I was 10 years old. That said, I take to the parfaits and salads a lot, but don't count me out on a cheeseburger or quarter pounder.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png