Hey, fun fact. . . Tell me a fun fact about yourself!

Options

Replies

• USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    In 1983 when I was 19, after a Loverboy/Quiet Riot concert in Springfield MA, my buddy and I were talking to 3 girls in the underground parking lot garage of the Sheraton Hotel and Kevin DuBrow arrived in his limo with 3 women. We were shocked and asked for his autograph, he asked the 5 of us if we wanted to come up and meet the band and we went up to the 12th floor in the private elevator, the whole floor was a party, hundreds of people, didn't leave until about 4am. Kevin Dubrow was wild, Rudy Sarzo was creepy, Frankie Benali was cool
    I had a lot of "firsts' that night

That’s awesome; what a story!!

• halflingpie
    halflingpie Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Wait that fact wasn't fun. That wasn't fun at all
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Jovsfood wrote: »
    I’m a lady (as in lords and lady) 😊

@Jovsfood
    HOT !
  • neilwij
    neilwij Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Prior to 2015, I had gone to 0 concerts by major artists. Since then, Nine! Billy Joel (4 times, would be 5, but he came to Philly early this year and I was still rehabbing hip replacement, couldn't go), once each, Sir Paul McCartney, "The Boss" Springsteen, The Eagles & James Taylor (same night) and just last month Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band.
    That’s awesome! I haven’t been to a concert in years! I’ve been to lots as a teen. Then, boom, I’m going to a concert 2 weeks in a row in Oct! (Same band)
    neilwij wrote: »
    I used to be a DJ in a bar
    Nice!! Please tell me you have pics. If you do, you must post them!

Ahh no pics unfortunately, I wish I did get some pics but unfortunately I was too busy blowing out the speakers 😂
  • 50shadesofmeh
    50shadesofmeh Posts: 43 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I once joined a cult for free accomodation while I travelled

Haha love this!
    What kind of cult??

Reminds me of when I was traveling in Spain and I moved in with this lady to help her look after stray dogs (she cared for them and then rehomed them)
    But it turned out she was a crazy alcoholic occultist with what I think was some sort dementia/amnesia brought on by all the alcohol.
    She had a Jekyll and Hyde type character so one day shed be all nice then the next she would be shouting at me and kicking me out because of some perceived slight against her, usually because she had told me to do something one day but would forget about it the following day and think I was trying to take control over everything 😳
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Some massively Pentecostal thing. Long dresses, braided hair. Separate men and women quarters
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    I can lick my elbow! 😂

To the personal request selfie thread! 😆
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    In 1983 when I was 19, after a Loverboy/Quiet Riot concert in Springfield MA, my buddy and I were talking to 3 girls in the underground parking lot garage of the Sheraton Hotel and Kevin DuBrow arrived in his limo with 3 women. We were shocked and asked for his autograph, he asked the 5 of us if we wanted to come up and meet the band and we went up to the 12th floor in the private elevator, the whole floor was a party, hundreds of people, didn't leave until about 4am. Kevin Dubrow was wild, Rudy Sarzo was creepy, Frankie Benali was cool

Whoa!!!!! Shut the front door! I was suppose to go to that concert as an early bday gift for my and my best friend...we were both turning 16 in the next few months(that's how I know what year it was lmao😂) and her older sister was going to take us but their dad got sick so we didn't go....small world mr! We ended up seeing Black Sabbath a few months later and it was a great show but I'm sure it was nothing like your experience lol....good on with your bad self boy ....what a night I bet that was😁😂👍😈🤘
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    Jovsfood wrote: »
    I’m a lady (as in lords and lady) 😊

I always knew you were special m'lady😍🤗
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    I once joined a cult for free accomodation while I travelled

Haha love this!
    What kind of cult??

Reminds me of when I was traveling in Spain and I moved in with this lady to help her look after stray dogs (she cared for them and then rehomed them)
    But it turned out she was a crazy alcoholic occultist with what I think was some sort dementia/amnesia brought on by all the alcohol.
    She had a Jekyll and Hyde type character so one day shed be all nice then the next she would be shouting at me and kicking me out because of some perceived slight against her, usually because she had told me to do something one day but would forget about it the following day and think I was trying to take control over everything 😳

Holy whiplash!😟🤗....glad you survived that one!🙌
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Prior to 2015, I had gone to 0 concerts by major artists. Since then, Nine! Billy Joel (4 times, would be 5, but he came to Philly early this year and I was still rehabbing hip replacement, couldn't go), once each, Sir Paul McCartney, "The Boss" Springsteen, The Eagles & James Taylor (same night) and just last month Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band.
    That’s awesome! I haven’t been to a concert in years! I’ve been to lots as a teen. Then, boom, I’m going to a concert 2 weeks in a row in Oct! (Same band)
    neilwij wrote: »
    I used to be a DJ in a bar
    Nice!! Please tell me you have pics. If you do, you must post them!
    I do have pictures but they are not that good which is because I am not one who likes to sit at field/stage level or close to stage.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I’ve been in the military 7 years :)

Thank you for your service!
  • _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I only learned to whistle when I was 35 😂
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options

Whoa!!!!! Shut the front door! I was suppose to go to that concert as an early bday gift for my and my best friend...we were both turning 16 in the next few months(that's how I know what year it was lmao😂) and her older sister was going to take us but their dad got sick so we didn't go....small world mr! We ended up seeing Black Sabbath a few months later and it was a great show but I'm sure it was nothing like your experience lol....good on with your bad self boy ....what a night I bet that was😁😂👍😈🤘

@Tinydancer106

You would have fit right in with all the other hotties at the party, most were probably in their teens too, I'll bet we would've had fun, I would have liked hanging out with a hottie that had a brain and personality too.