It drives me crazy when people.....

Options

Replies

• MrsBradyBunch
    MrsBradyBunch Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    .... channel surf. Just pick a show and watch it.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    When the delivery man gives you 0.5 seconds to get to the door before he walks away

Mine drops the packages and doesn't even ring the bell. 😒

mine waits till I’m half nakey to peer in through the window
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    ....chew with their mouth open.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    When the delivery man gives you 0.5 seconds to get to the door before he walks away

This reminds me of my favorite Men Destroy Romance cover for the (as yet unwritten, I think) book "The Postman Always Bangs Twice"
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

But does he ring your bell? 😏

It takes a special kind of disco😁
  • shrinkingoregonian
    Options
    ... I'm not good with people. :/

Me neither. Boy am I not good with people.
  • shrinkingoregonian
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    It drives me when someone (I know) tells me about how my diet pop causes cancer...guess what, news flash...smoking causes cancer too (she smokes)

But then, she says because she doesn't smoke cigarettes, it's much better for her, which may or may not be true, and I don't care if people smoke...but self righteous much, lady

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

Sorry, I'll translate for you!
    "Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

What really confuses me is when you actually want a coke!

person 1- "what kinda coke ya'll want?"

person 2- "uh get me a diet pepsi if they got it, if not diet dr pepper'd be fine"

person 3- "yeah man just get me a coke"

simple as.

Didn't know this was a Texas thing too. Atlanta, everything is a Coke.

This made me SO confused last time I visited Texas! I thought nobody carried anything but coke until my cousin told me she got me a coke and it was a Pepsi.
  • shrinkingoregonian
    Options
    It drives me crazy when jerks at the gym pee on the toilet seats, then leave it for someone else to wipe off.

Ugh, I work for a construction company and the guys like to use the women's bathroom because it's cleaner and then pee all over the seat and leave it for us to clean up. So gross.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    It drives me when someone (I know) tells me about how my diet pop causes cancer...guess what, news flash...smoking causes cancer too (she smokes)

But then, she says because she doesn't smoke cigarettes, it's much better for her, which may or may not be true, and I don't care if people smoke...but self righteous much, lady

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

"Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

person 2- "uh get me a diet pepsi if they got it, if not diet dr pepper'd be fine"

simple as.

This made me SO confused last time I visited Texas! I thought nobody carried anything but coke until my cousin told me she got me a coke and it was a Pepsi.

Surely coke is Coca-Cola and Pepsi is Pepsi?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

"Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

simple as.

no its all coke. it just depends on what kind of coke you want
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

"Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

simple as.

no its all coke. it just depends on what kind of coke you want

I just can't wrap my head around it.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

"Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

simple as.

in the Southeastern US and Texas (rednecks and cowboys) Everything is a coke, even a Pepsi or a mountain dew. Coca Cola is known as "just coke" or "Classic Coke". Atlanta is the world HQ of Coca Cola, so I've grown up with it being like this here. It is new knowledge to me that Texas is the same, only bigger.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

"Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

simple as.

in the Southeastern US and Texas (rednecks and cowboys) Everything is a coke, even a Pepsi or a mountain dew. Coca Cola is known as "just coke" or "Classic Coke". Atlanta is the world HQ of Coca Cola, so I've grown up with it being like this here. It is new knowledge to me that Texas is the same, only bigger.

i learned this because i used to work for someone on the board of coca-cola. so weird
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

"Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

simple as.

Wait until you get to areas of the Midwest where you get both those who refer to all carbonated beverages as "coke" and the people who refer to them as "soda", "pop", or "soda pop". It's fun confusing the non-natives by switching mid-paragraph to another saying for soda.

And it's about 50/50 in the Midwest on whether folks are referring to the specific drink or a generic soda when they say "Gimme a coke".
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I am from the land of pop
    It is divine here
    Join me
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I am from the land of pop
    It is divine here
    Join me

I’m in the borderlands of pop & soda
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

"Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

simple as.

Wait until you get to areas of the Midwest where you get both those who refer to all carbonated beverages as "coke" and the people who refer to them as "soda", "pop", or "soda pop". It's fun confusing the non-natives by switching mid-paragraph to another saying for soda.

And it's about 50/50 in the Midwest on whether folks are referring to the specific drink or a generic soda when they say "Gimme a coke".

Factor in the "pronto pup" vs "corn dog" and you truly begin to understand the difference.