Do you accept that you'll have to log for the rest of your life(or atleast the foreseeable future)?

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I haven't posted for a while, but this is something I am interested in. I think tracking for me, is a great cognitive tool. When you have a WOE that is far outside the American norm, it might not be necessary to weigh everything, but humans are horrid at remembering what they put in their mouths. I am NOW a true believer in a lower reward, lower energy density diet is effective. Its actually too effective for me. I am trying to push to a happier weight/bf right now. I can't eat! My stomach is telling me to, but belly won't let me! Lol...I'm reloading this week, so no "extra" for me, but to increase weight, I have to. Nuts i tell ya! Carry on...

@psychod787

Can you tell me more about this, please:
    “Lower reward, lower energy density diet”

Sent you some links via message.
  • PrincessMelodyj
    PrincessMelodyj Posts: 14 Member
    I've been in maintenance for a few months, and I'm scared to stop logging! I know I would feel nervous just eating freely. So at least for now, I see myself logging long term.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    I have actually never thought about that. Yes, I have stopped logging, but then I stopped doing. Today, I am locked in and really confident in what I do. I can see me not logging but continuing to do and accomplish, such is my groove! But until then...? I have no plans to stop.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    I think I will have to keep logging. Before this year, I'd never really counted what I ate, didn't exercise... didn't think about portion control. I just ate whatever I wanted and didn't think about moving more ... Logging clarifies things for me and keeps me accountable and helps me to figure out if eating something is worth it - can I offset it ... can it wait until tomorrow/the weekend (when I can exercise more). I've worked so hard to get to this point - I think I'll keep logging to minimise my chances of backsliding. It's a very small price to pay.
  • I agree with all the comments I have read about just continuing to log. It's a good habit with great benefits. For those of us who love food and love snacking it's a constant reminder that energy/calories in cannot exceed energy/calories out. It's simple math and does not really take that long to do. Actually the time it takes to log and keep track is far less than it takes to lose the weight if you gain it back. Even if it was 10 minutes a day to do it ,which it's not, you can barely make a dent with a ten minute workout. That's even a HIIT workout. There's a saying I will always remember. "You cannot outrun a bad diet". The exception to that rule is probably professional/olympic athletes who train for a living. Even those types of people are on strict diets. How often do we say professional athletes retire and then they blow up like balloons LOL. If it happens to them, it can happen to us. We've come too far to go back. Also reminds me of a song we sing in Church. I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back. It's the same with MFP and this healthy lifestyle.
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2019
    Very interesting question and I'm not sure if I'm actually accepting this fact yet, even though I know it's true.

I've been on and off on MFP for 8 years now and everytime I was off, the weight slowly crept back on. I really thought/hoped that eventually the healthy eating would become natural to me and that I wouldn't crave junkfood anymore, but that never really happened to me.

I've never let it go truly bad again though, but the only way for me to keep it down, is by logging. I do take regular breaks though or I'll drive myself mad and become too obsessed.