September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Nice slow run with youngest, 5km now done at 6/1.

Goals September:
    13 Runs................................3 run
    71km....................................16km
    5km PB.................................Done 1 Sep
    6km PB.................................Done 1 Sep
    7km.......................................x
    Child to do 5km...................Done 5 Sep
    Child to do r/w of 10/1m....x
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »
    kirstymn wrote: »
    @Teresa502 The Scotland pics are gorgeous!

@Avidkeo Yay for Spring! Good luck with the move on Friday

@shanaber My worst trip was probably to Mykonos, Greece. We came back to our hotel room after a day out and found we'd been robbed. When we complained to management we were accused of telling lies to get the staff in trouble. They confiscated our passports and made us wait in some dodgy office for hours. We finally managed to convince them to give our passports back after enduring hours of verbal abuse. Once we had our passports we ran out of there and straight to a pay phone to call the police. The police told us we were in the wrong and we should go back to the hotel and pay for anything we still owed! We hung up that phone and ran as fast as we could straight to the ferry and took the first boat off that island!

@ContraryMaryMary I hope you feel better soon

@PastorVincent As I've gotten older I'm less of a fan of real camping too! Glamping is basically a cabin made out to look like a tent - the important part is you get a real bed!
    9l6xba3g534k.jpg
    cea9q556b805.jpg

@polskagirl01 WTG on the hill repeats! Also, you're awesome for picking up rubbish on your run :)

@Elise4270 I hope your day gets better. I find baking soda and some white vinegar and a little dish soap can be good for scrubbing/cleaning things like that

That's Glamping with a capital G!!!

And here I thought I was stepping it up with my camping set. This is how I've camped the night before my last two trail races:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W1PujzU9ey13BmBs6

In a couple-few years, I hope to replace my SUV with something like a Jeep Gladiator. If I do that, I very well might try camping again the way you have it there. There are some dark sky sites I would like to visit once I finish rebuilding my astrophoto setup.

BUT NO MORE TENT CAMPING ON THE GROUND. #donewiththatgame

To date, I have NEVER been camping when it has not rained. Most times a torrential downpour. More than once flooded out. And yes been camping many times, though it has been a decade or more since my last time.

I considered a camper, but, eh, that seems like a lot of money, work, and effort for a weekend or 2 a year. Yours might work as a compromise.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    I was volunteer photographer for 4 races this summer. Got some great shots!

Cool. How did you get that gig? I am looking for more day time photo practice and something like that would be good I think.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    Yay, welcome back @7lenny7!
    Looks like you had a fun and busy summer 😊
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Cool. How did you get that gig? I am looking for more day time photo practice and something like that would be good I think.

I signed up to volunteer at the race and where they asked for any special qualifications, I told them I do sport photography and gave them a link to my soccer photos. I also told them I have a pick up so I did haul equipment during some of the race. This was my second year doing it.

If that's something you want to do, find a local race and look at their website and facebook page to see what they've had in the past. Some races are flush with photographers, some have nothing. Most would be thrilled to have someone shooting if they don't currently, but that's not always the case.

There's a race next month on my "home" trails. Marathon, 50K, 50M, 100k and 100M. I can't run it but I wanted to volunteer with my camera. I thought it would be a shoo-in since past years showed single photographer taking them and quite honestly, not very good. I was turned down because they said they already had one. Surprised, I looked back at their site and realized that the photographer they had was selling his photos (low-rez was free), and he is the race director's husband. Then it all made sense...
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    One of the races I shot had a flooded section of trail where the water was about 2.5 feet deep, which I knew about because I had run the 5K course the day before. Most of the time I was set up there shooting. Here are the photos:
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFRvrRT

here are all my photos from the past two years:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lehnherr/collections/72157698507918322/

• PastorVincent
    Options

I signed up to volunteer at the race and where they asked for any special qualifications, I told them I do sport photography and gave them a link to my soccer photos. I also told them I have a pick up so I did haul equipment during some of the race. This was my second year doing it.

If that's something you want to do, find a local race and look at their website and facebook page to see what they've had in the past. Some races are flush with photographers, some have nothing. Most would be thrilled to have someone shooting if they don't currently, but that's not always the case.

There's a race next month on my "home" trails. Marathon, 50K, 50M, 100k and 100M. I can't run it but I wanted to volunteer with my camera. I thought it would be a shoo-in since past years showed single photographer taking them and quite honestly, not very good. I was turned down because they said they already had one. Surprised, I looked back at their site and realized that the photographer they had was selling his photos (low-rez was free), and he is the race director's husband. Then it all made sense...

Yeah, I will have to find some small local one and just crash it shooting and build a portfolio I guess first. Who do you use to host/sell the photos?
  • 7lenny7
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yeah, I will have to find some small local one and just crash it shooting and build a portfolio I guess first. Who do you use to host/sell the photos?

I use Flickr.com to host the photos because it's cheap and unlimited space. I don't sell them, I make them available to the racers and the race director for free.

I posted links to my galleries but MFP is holding on to the post pending approval.
    If you go to my Flickr link above you can work your way to my page, then my albums, and see all of my trail photos.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

I use Flickr.com to host the photos because it's cheap and unlimited space. I don't sell them, I make them available to the racers and the race director for free.

I posted links to my galleries but MFP is holding on to the post pending approval.
    If you go to my Flickr link above you can work your way to my page, then my albums, and see all of my trail photos.

Ah, I have the handful of photos I take seriously on Deviant Art cause I can put the full resolution on there. Not looked at Flikr in a very long time.
  • PastorVincent
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Server Hiccup: Double Post
  • PastorVincent
    Options

Dang, nice:

m5sl68abjhed.png

That cost more than a buck fifty I am sure. :smiley:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I use Flickr as well. Not enough to justify the cost of it but i like all the photos in one spot
    Oh all fancy. I just shoot with a 50d
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    I’m going to see Brittany Runs a Marathon tonight - I’ll make sure to post a movie report tomorrow.

Great! But please wrap it in spoiler tags (which is what they are actually meant for) in case anyone wants to see it spoiler free...